UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fab Finagling

merledogs

Anyone want a dog? I have one going free to a good home.

The Archibald, terrier type thingy wotsit, black, tan and white. 10 years 10 months old, in full running order with plenty of miles left on the clock.

Downside: he has a criminal record. Mechanics discovered yesterday during MOT test that the aforementioned Archibald had chewed a rear seat belt which caused my car to fail it's MOT. A replacement belt will be £150 plus fitting plus cost of another MOT test.

It's a bloody good job I love him!

The garage are seeing if they can get a second hand belt from a scrappie to help cut the costs but if not then I'm just going to have to take it on the chin.

So sorry to hear of your sad loss Hounds...sleep tight Cherry, you were obviously dearly loved and will be desperately missed.

Oh dear Archie...definitely not in Mum's good books! Not your smartest move (are you 100% sure it was him? No other dog it could have been?)

Had a shock yesterday...my daughter has been saying for ages how fed up she is at work, and she wanted to take a sabbatical and putter off to a Greek island for the summer (her OH is quite ok with the thought and yes, they are happily married.) I thought it was all talk, until last night when she phoned and said they've given her the time, she's booked her flights and a little studio and on 16th May she's off to Alonissos until the 26th September! She had previously asked if I would mind if she did go, bearing in mind I'm waiting for results, but I said no not at all as I thought it was just a pipe dream :unsure: and I am confident that I won't require further treatment now the lump is no more.

Im so sorry about cherry xxxxxx

norty archie!

I think ive worked out why the dogs are constantly scratching. they are on bakers at the moment, so ive bagged it all up, and a lady who does fostering is having it. I hope thats why anyway. ive tryed piriton but they are driving me nuts

if you know of an old yorkie or chi needing a home please let me know. my friend has lost 3 of her old dogs in a year so has room on the sofa.

that is a shock that your daughter is doing that, as shes married

oh dear Archie you little devil! hope you can get a second hand one

Suzeanna, how exciting for your daughter..... i am sure at the first hint of any more treatment required for you and she will be right back at your side.... the flights are pretty good from greece, even if you have to go via athens first you can usually be on a flight the next day (i have family on rhodes). i really admire her for living her life, there is so much stuff that i look at now and think i wish i had done that.

been to the vet, dex has ahd a blood test, off to the drs in a moment, seeing a new dr so i am a bit worried..... i hope he knows what he is doing with me Lol, i only need to last until monday when i see my chest consultant and he will hopefully sort me out

Sorry about Cherry Marge :GroupHug: :grouphug:

Norty Archie :laugh:

I'm not surprised the dogs were scratching if they were fed on Bakers Jazz - it's crammed full of E numbers. Hopefully they will settle down with a change of food :flowers:

Hope your doctor can sort you out Griff

I bet your daughter is really excited Suzeanna - I would love to do something like that :)

I have had a very productive day so far today - 9.8 miles in spin, 30 lengths in the pool and a steam room session. All before 8.15am!! There is this old guy though who I beat on the kettle bell swing challenge, and ever since that, he has been really snidey to me :angry: Today's snide remark was commenting that he thought I was supposed to be fit, but I can't be fit if I was sweating through the spin class :angry: One of these days he's going to find himself with a kettlebell wedged somewhere uncomfortable :angry: Am also a bit peeved about the work meal we are going on tonight for my leaving do. It was supposed to be at 3.45pm (which is a stupid time for a meal, but I accepted it and arranged stuff to suit). This morning I get to work to find that the boss has changed the booking to 6pm instead but not actually told anyone :rolleyes: Thankfully I had already arranged for Blue to be sorted out today so I could have a drink, but it's just annoyed me a bit that she has changed it to a later time because it suits her, but then not told anyone. Anyway, rant over

Yeah Bakers is just about the worst food for dogs. Archie was on it when we got him so we continued with it for about a week until I read up on it and discovered just how crap it is. He was hyper when he arrived but with a change to a better nutritional food he calmed down a lot - well for a puppy! I hope the dogs get relief from the itching now you've realised the likely culprit Jazz :flowers:

Bloody hell Jayne - I'd need a week's holiday if I even tried to do all that before 8.30am! You should tell that old guy to mind his own business and stop making offensive comments or you will indeed shove that kettlebell where the sun don't shine. Git! Same for your boss.

Good luck Griff, I am thinking of you :flowers:

My friends always say I am a jammy get and it seems that I am running true to form. I have just had a letter from the tax office. I am due a refund of £720 which will more than pay for Archie's damage :biggrin:

Anyone want a dog? I have one going free to a good home.

The Archibald, terrier type thingy wotsit, black, tan and white. 10 years 10 months old, in full running order with plenty of miles left on the clock.

Downside: he has a criminal record. Mechanics discovered yesterday during MOT test that the aforementioned Archibald had chewed a rear seat belt which caused my car to fail it's MOT. A replacement belt will be £150 plus fitting plus cost of another MOT test.

It's a bloody good job I love him!

The garage are seeing if they can get a second hand belt from a scrappie to help cut the costs but if not then I'm just going to have to take it on the chin.

Are they charging you for a re-test just for fitting a seatbelt?! That's outrageous if they are. I can swap you one Archibald for one Timmy who chewed not one, but three seatbelts in the first month of me having my new car. Just had to have another replaced at my last MOT as well but it was cut by something (dog guard I think). There are websites online which sell second hand car parts - you put in what you want and scrappies will contact you to let you know if they have the part you want :)

Gorjuss George has made a reappearance after almost two weeks - I have missed his ickle face :wub: On the plus side his fur looks a bit better and he's put on a bit of weight, so I assume he is owned and they've kept him in because he'd disappeared to my house. He stinks of wee though and his legs are still filthy and wee-stained. He was desperate for cuddles :wub: and has now curled up in my kitchen again. I really must try and find out who he belongs to if I can, just so they don't worry about him while he's here.

RMF : Bakers has 13 different e-numbers in.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1