UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fab Finagling

merledogs

I've got type 2 diabetes too. I actually found the changes to diet reasonably OK. That said I have never had a sweet tooth (tho you'd not believe it looking at me!) and have never taken sugar in tea or coffee nor put it on cereal. There are plenty of sugar substitutes available but honestly once you've been able ween yourself off using so much sugar you don't miss it. In fact you feel a whole lot better for not having less.

I found The Everyday Diabetic Cookbook by Stella Bowling helped me off on the right track when it came to making low G.I meals - and there are puds and cake recipes in there too so you don't have to go without goodies.

• Like 1

Evening.

Sending healing thoughts to all poorly peeps :GroupHug:

Gorgeous George (formerly Henry) was waiting for me when I got home, bless him.

Had a really stressful conference call today with a bloke who cannot have a rational discussion without getting all het up. How can you argue with stupid? We are reconvening on Monday - let's hope it goes a bit better.

Sorry to hear of poorly peeps, hope they are better soon and the shock goes away too xx

You can't Alex that's the worst thing.

I have an annoying guy on my project, yup I always get 'em. Luckily the PM has identified their weaknesses and they will be exiting the project soon. But they seem to be taking it out on me...hey oh! I am off to dublin next week for a couple of days for work which will hopefully be a nice change.

Hope all peeps who work with idiots can give them a slap around the face with the common sense stick soon :flowers:

Had to laugh before, I went to the gym and after my classes I thought I'd go in the steam room before showering off. After I had a shower, I realised I had no clean underwear to put on, and after doing 2 intense classes, there is no way I was putting my other ones back on!! Thankfully I was coming straight home :laugh: :rolleyes:

Am cooking a yummy chilli (well I hope it's going to be yummy) whilst rocking out to ac/dc in the kitchen - it's at times like this I realise I have the weirdest taste in music (last night it was Whitney Houston who I was dancing around the kitchen to!!!)

Ello

Have spent the last 3 days back and forth to Swansea for a course. Am absolutely knackered and very glad I booked tomorrow off work. Looking forward to me lie-in but know I will wake at 7 anyway :rolleyes:

Get to go to Neath-Port Talbot next week, My life is so rock n roll at the mo lol.

Do you have to drive to these courses, Amy? Not nice in this weather.

Suzeanna, I am thinking of you, it's horrid having to wait for results.

Thanks for your support, everyone. I suppose I felt guilty because it does make life a lot easier for me. It's nice not having to sleep with an ear open for mum doing strange things at strange hours.

Owl I think its fab that your mum is happy in the care home, my nan was the same, mum had to move in leaving dad home alone when gramps died, but like you nightly wandering was an issue plus of course mum was tied 24/7... nan got to see lots more people, have day trips, play bingo etc in the care home and she had staff about 24/7 plus of course mum was able to go home, sleep normally etc and was more with it to visit nan loads and still take her out places

ill join the rubbish night club. mainly because mouse got me up for a wee at 3am, then got under the quilt so I fried in my own sweat before I could throw her out

then her and the gremlin, tag team me in the morning to get me up. mouse has decided 7.30 is a good time, I disagree, so she calls for her mate who lies on my throat and chews my fingers. I thought I was starting with a chest infection but have realised thats where jerry lee rests her elbows!

• Like 1

Funny Jazz - that made me laff this morning!

I also had a crap night's sleep and was watching the clock go round.

My little man should be coming home soon. I can't wait to see him. It was really strange not having to get up and let him out and let him back in a hundred times yesterday and all the other stuff.

Alex have you tried massage? A nice relaxing one might help with the backache and headache.

• Like 1

another for the crap nights sleep club here.... it was my first night with the pup in my room..... oh my god what a bloody nightmare, she wouldn't stay in her bed, cuddled up with laney who was really good with her, then woke me up at 1.30 to get in with me, that was o.k but she kept getting up and down up and down and then when she heard people going to the toilet she would bark, i was up at 6.15 as she heard my mum and dexter up so therefore we had to be up too! not having that at all! she will learn to settle or she will find herself in the spare room on her own Lol

Gooster, good luck at work today, is it your last day there today? if she asks why tell her the truth and if she is giving you a hard time just remember why you have handed your notice in..... because you have principals! your patients are more important than targets etc

Merledogs, sorry you have had a horrible time at work... some people are just nobs, i am sure you will not be the first person who finds this person a pain

Yantan, hope Archie has had a good night and i agree, it is weird not having them about.

:GroupHug: Snow

It's my last day on the 28th, so another couple of weeks to go yet. Just had a patient come in with really reduced vision- I can't see a bloody thing, so have had to put dilating drops in. They take 20 mins to work, then if I need an emergency referral to be done, that's going to make me run really late. 20 mins in this practice just DOES NOT WORK. :angry: :angry: :mecry: