UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jeunesse

merledogs

Glad your insurance is paying all the bills, Jazz. That must be a lot off your mind.

Went to see mum this evening. I wasn't too happy about her yesterday as she was having a bad dementia day and muttering nonsense, and did not look right at all. This evening she has deteriorated a lot. Pneumonia has practically gone but it is possible she may have had another mini stroke. The ward sister told me she was very concerned because mum has stopped eating and drinking so they are rehydrating her. She is comfortable, just sleeping very heavily all the time, and pretty well impossible to wake. Unless something remarkable happens she is gently fading away, and one can't wish it any other way, as recovery would mean a return to rapidly increasing dementia with fewer and fewer patches of clarity.

I was driving home in sombre mood, looking forward to cup of tea and pointer cuddles, when not far from home I passed a side road by the Sainsbury local and there was an awful bump and a crunch under the rear wheel. I pulled over, expecting to see a brick or something on the road, and the first thing I saw was a child's bike squashed on its side. Everything went into slow motion, I thought I had run over a child! But surrounded by concerned people was an adult, drunk as you please, and very apologetic. He had been riding a child's bike down a hill with no lights in the dark and was too drunk to find the brakes. I was worried about his ankle which looked like a possible minor break and wanted to take him to A&E, but he was having none of it. He was not too drunk to realise he might get arrested. A friend of his turned up then and helped him to hobble up the road to his home. Tomorrow he will wake up with a bad hangover and a worse ankle and wonder what on earth he did the night before. Numpty!

im sorry about your mum, but shes in the best place and doesnt know whats going on which at the moment is the best thing.

they are paying the bills, ive just got the £1,000 excess to pay. good job we are used to value food!

its bad out there, please all be safe and let us know later your ok. I worry about each and every one of you xxxx

Hi Gemstone :wavey:

Glad you are ok Owl - that must have been scary :unsure:

Hope your lurgy goes away soon Murtle - my lurgy is nearly gone - just have a runny nose now :rolleyes:

I can't believe this time next week I will be waiting to board my plane for my hollibobs - it seems like not that long ago since I was last going away :biggrin: I ordered some more bikinis last night from Next :rolleyes:

owl - that sounds terrifying :GroupHug: And another :GroupHug: for you and your mum.

My sister flies home to Canada this morning. It was great to have her around - wish she'd been here longer than 10 days though. We're all slightly worried about her (alcohol issues), but you can't control someone's life for them, so we're having to be supportive from a distance and hope she manages to stay strong.

I'm not lurgified thankfully, but have been having a nightmare time with migraines. Spent most of Christmas day in bed, then again on the 27th/28th, and had a really bad one yesterday afternoon/evening. Fingers crossed it clears up soon as I've had enough of it. Time for a new head!

Logan gave us all a laugh yesterday. We had curry for dinner round at my parents. I was pretty much only good for sitting on the sofa cause of the migraine, so we weren't paying as much attention to Logan as normal. He snuck off to the kitchen after we'd eaten and was misteriously quiet. Then he appeared through to the living room with bright red curry all over his face :laughingsmiley: Someone had left a bowl with just a bit of sauce close enough to the edge of the counter that Logan could just get his tongue in it. In licking it up, he splattered it all over himself :rolleyes: He got very upset by us all laughing at him and went to the crate to sulk :laughingsmiley:

Sophie I hope you get out of the round of migraines soon :GroupHug: As a fellow sufferer I know just how bloody miserable they are.

:laughingsmiley: at Logan. My Georgie porgie loved a curry, not that he was allowed to indulge often but did get a small portion for an occasional treat. Archie loves curry too but he's not allowed any because of his acid reflux.

the dogs have my leftovers. I eat quite bland food, so the strongest thing is the coldest tinned curry

ive been sorting out the cupboards. the dogs definately live here as they have most of the cupboards. I think I do, but there isnt much evidence lol