UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jeunesse

merledogs

good grief I now have 4 dogs old enough for the next Oldies Photo Competition!!! It seems like yesterday that there were three 2 year old Thugs causing mayhem while supervised by Toastie...... nowadays people say how lively they are but good grief - to me they are extremely calm!! Toastie died and now Cassie has been with me for over 4 years - still pootling around with her grade 5-6 heart murmur and enlarged heart. Her eyes have deteriorated and her eyesight is very poor now plus her hearing is going but hey - for a girl who spent her first 6 years churning out pups she is doing brilliantly, even though he has started the downhill side of things. She is now 10 officially, Jedley, China and Reg (who came as a foster after a lot of abuse but is now adopted) are 7 and Bo Baby will be 7 in May!

DSCF1845

Edited by buddyboy
  • Like 1

Buddyboy, your dogs are very lucky to be able to walk in such a beautiful place...diez loved the seaside and laney does like it but being FA it makes things a tad difficult, and dakota welllllllll she hasn't been to the seaside yet, one of my favourite piccies of diez is at the beach in weston fighting with laney in the sea

Sam, that piccie has made me laugh and brought back some childhood memories

Whizzie, sorry to hear the wallpapering didn't go so well, i deffo prefer paint as if you think i am bored with that colour the prep is pretty easy

Yantan, cozzie is lovely, wow 19, my dex is 15 now i would love to have him for another 4 years

aww hunny im sorry to hear that, but you know when its time, and you do it because you care xxxxxx

most of my dogs have got to 14, but trudy only got to 8. albert is 14 in march and doing well

that lhasa I fostered, is 23 now, not well, but still plodding on. amazing ay?

Alex I will be thinking of you tomorrow ((hugs))

Nog has started to show he's an oldie but even so its hard for me to accept that he really is an old dog now, he is at least 13 going on 14 but could be as old as 15 as the age estimates when we rescued him were quite wide ranging due to his poor condition. I have started to become more and more aware that our time with him is growing shorter and shorter time really has flown 11 years seem like just yesterday.

Moaning :tired:

My boys are all oldies - I can only go by the estimates made when they came home, so Beau will be 11 in May, Timmy will be 10 in June and Taffy will be 12 in November and they've all been with me since they were a year old or younger. They still run round like puppies but having lost Max and Milly, it's hard to know that time is moving more quickly now.

Edited by merledogs

Alex :GroupHug:

Whizzie - my OH tried wallpapering once - it also didn't go well. We now stick to painting.

Sam - hope you had a nice flight :flowers:

Yantan, sorry to hear the breathing problems are back :GroupHug:

Morse is definitely an oldie now, and he knows it. He's enjoying lording it over the young'uns, and stealing the beds by the radiator at every opportunity. Some how Logan's already 5. I noticed on Sunday that his top lip is starting to go white :wub:

It's been a crap few days at our house. Friday evening we were being homechecked for 2 cats, and Logan bit the home checker :ohmy: :crying_anim02: It is so out of character for him, and I feel absolutely terrible about it. At about the same time that was happening, OHs car was breaking down :( His car is now in a garage somewhere near London, and its looking like it might also need a new engine :( So we're down to no cars, which isn't manageable at all. Thankfully OH works for Avis, so we've got a fairly cheap rental for the week, and hopefully by friday we'll either have one of our cars fixed, or have decided its time to get a new car. On top of all this, the SIM card in my phone died on Saturday. So I've been out of contact with everyone. I'm now sorted with a pay as you go sim, but its a different number so not ideal. Nothing else is allowed to go wrong this week, as I'm already stressed enough.

We at least had a pleasant day at agility on Saturday. Managed 5 eliminations out of 5 runs, but it was still fun. It was quite funny seeing Logan, Kia, and Buzz all crammed in to the boot of my mum's polo. Buzz had to stand under Logan's legs, and Kia had her grumpiest ears on!