UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jack Dog's Second Blood Test

Pendlewitch

It's four weeks since his last test so took him back yesterday for repeat, results could not be worse. All the various levels were off the scale, so because of his history it's highly probable that he has a mast cell tumour in the pancreas. He's having x-rays on Friday to confirm and if confirmed there is no treatment for him. I can' t believe this happening again, I lost Cecil to pancreatitis two years ago, then Jumble to DM this July.

Jack seem ok at the moment, he's eating the horrible low fat food with great delight, is happy in the house and wants to play ball all the time. He is not very happy on walks though, he's very clingy and though not reluctant to walk he's highly anxious and has his tail clamped down, if I use the scooter he wants to sit on my knee all time. I'm not sure why this is so I am reducing the walks and doing more ball playing.

I'm back to one day at a time, the ground has been cut from under my feet! :mecry:

Took Jack for his x rays and didn't have the usual booking in procedure, I was taken into a consulting room and we ran through how the tumour seeds and just how painful this can be. Also how he would start with sedation but if the breath holding pictures were needed he would need a GA. The results would then give me an idea of where we would be going next! Went home and tried to get a bit of sleep as I had just come off a night shift, rang the surgery at noon with a quaking heart and the results were:

NO TUMOUR!!!!!!

I could not believe it and the vet certainly could not or have been more surprised! Jack has to stay on the low fat food for at least 6 months, he has to have further blood tests in the new year! I can't explain just how I feel, a huge black cloud has lifted and my little dog is going to be just fine! :woof:

Many thanks to all for your support, it meant so much to me! Now lets party!

:partytime:

• Like 1