UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingle Dangles

merledogs

Moaning :tired:

You look lovely Amy :flowers:

My sister has reared her self absorbed head again on FB, having a dig at "family" which presumably includes me since she tried to contact me recently and I ignored her :rolleyes: Not that it bothers me in the least - I choose which members of my family I want to stay in touch with.

morning

good job I got up for a wee and looked at my mobile in the night. got a message after midnight to say both my sons, and daughter in law are coming at 9am! they never come together ......

so im up cleaning and tidying, though I did a lot yesterday when my son was due to come

have a nice safe day xxxx

Lovely dress Amy, you look great.

Hope you enjoy your night out now you feel better Jayne.

Jazz - sounds very much as if you need more dogs not dog beds! I will admit that ours have several each so I am in no position to comments really ;)

We will be having a quiet New Year at WagTails House. The dogs are tired after a windy but sunny expedition to Newgale and then a walk inside the harbour at Solva (low tide!) where it was positively bracing with much whistling and rattling of masts going on. Doubt there will be many fireworks around here to upset them.

• Like 1

Have just had an email from ABTA, they are going to help me pursue my complaint against Thomson, so they obviously think it is a valid reason for complaint! All they need to do is send a couple of holiday vouchers in the post and I'll shut up - I have already booked again with them, as the holiday itself was awesome - just the store staff and communication from them was awful. Have booked with a different store, who seem lovely :)

Rant alert: We have just come back from Cosmeston Lakes where we went for a nice quiet walk with Nog. The lake has 3 separate routes, 1 is off limits to dogs, one is dedicated specifically to dogs where they can run off lead and not bother the wildlife etc. and the third is the family and wheelchair route which also allows dogs but they MUST be on lead with a fine of £1,000 if not.

We quite deliberately chose this route and venue over others e.g. the beach as Nog no longer goes off lead because of his wonky leg and age, and because he does not like being approached by off lead dogs when he himself is on lead. Yet only moments after arriving he was approached by not 1 not 2 but 3 OFF lead dogs whose owners were utterly oblivious to what their dogs were up to which included barking at the swans and geese that were being fed on land by families with small children and which caused the swans to become quite aggressive. We swiftly moved away and attempted to start our own walk only for 2 more OFF lead dogs to appear around the bend with NO owners in sight and proceed to rush up to Nog who thankfully ignored them whilst we tried to shoo them away. We managed about 2 mins walking when yet again an off lead dog appeared whose owner was trying to cope with gawd knows how many small children and had absolutely NO concern for where her dog was or what it was up to. At this point we decided to turn around and head back the way we came and try a different direction - we made it up onto the board walk only to find ourselves with nowhere to go and a very large hackles raised collie stalking towards Nog OFF LEAD! By this time I had well and truly lost my temper, so planted myself between it and Nog it took one look at me and high tailed back the way it came - and we never did see its owners! In the end we walked Nog around the car park and picnic area and then came home.

Its so bloody selfish if you want your dog off lead then go to the dog reserved area otherwise keep it ON LEAD.

Its bloody unfair, we would have loved a nice bimble around the lake with Nog and had everyone had their dogs on lead then we could all have enjoyed the lakes, more importantly if people are going to ignore the on lead requirement so blatantly then without a doubt the council will ban dogs from that area of the lake and spoil it for everyone!