UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingle Dangles

merledogs

Owl - you are a lovely lady, don't be bullied - you have erected a portable building within the guidelines from the council (well, give or take a couple of inches on the 2.5 metres!!). I have just died my hair magenta and am apparently having a mid life crisis (because people round here have only seen one side to me - not the other one which has been there all along) so if you want me to trundle up there in my caravan for a visit with my 5 dogs just shout!!!!

Owl it's not as if you have tried flouting laws, you asked the council and were told you didn't need permission :GroupHug:

Guttering chap isn't going to make it tonight. He got stuck on the M60 (there was an overturned lorry) plus I wouldn't want him going up there in the wind and the dark.

My mattress has also been delayed by the weather, which is understandable. You are spot on griff, I am probably going to do myself an injury getting a king sized mattress up the stairs. I know the dogs are going to be disappointed that I've downsized from a superking but it just takes up too much room. I might ask guttering bloke to help me if I can dismantle my bed tomorrow.

Edited by merledogs

EEk Jazz, that's a lot.

Checked the small print. It is my responsibility to check with planning regulations. My expensive fault. Can't do a thing. The pod could be moved but it would be very expensive, and if they go ahead and cause more trouble it isn't worth it. It might be better to talk to friendly planning man about my previous plan to put a window in the garage, and get a builder to do an estimate. And then sell the pod, probably to some place which does holidays etc. If I am going to sell it, best sooner rather than later. I will act moderately as recommended, always good not to do or say anything out of order.

I don't think neighbour is related to previous bat. Different kind of battiness.

Need to catch up on sleep. Wind seems to have dropped somewhat.

Moaning :tired:

I have a nedache from hell.

On the plus side, my guttering is being done :pinkie: It's gonna make such a difference to the house. Now taking bets on how long it will be before next door neighbour gets his done, cos he wont like my house looking better than his.

haha, you have one of those too Merleodgs...... the neighbours we don't speak to copy eveything we do, i told my dad i was going to get the back of his house painted purple cow print and se how quick they copied Lol. Hope the guttering guy turns up and it isn't too windy for him today

Jazz, wow that excess is quite a bit, i think i have paid around £600 for diez's heart probs and spleen removal so far (well i have paid about £2000 out but will get it back..... thank god for parents with credit cards!)

Owl - so sorry the pod problems seem to be ongoing. Hope 'silly' neighbour takes a more reasonable attitude. I am at a loss to understand how any one could openly declare themselves to be christian and display such an awful attitude.

Had you erected 2 low cost housing units the planning department would have approved, as that is how they managed to build 30+ houses on the field behind us. We had no option but to accept and knew nothing about it until the builders turned up to prepare the land.

Edited by BrackenMc
  • Like 1

s*** Alicia thats the same kind of excess and costings as Nog ((hugs))

I've just rang the vet for Nog's blood test results - they are back but apparently the vet needs to speak to me so they will get her to ring me back when she's free *wibble* hoping that its just a formality thing *wibble*

well a cautious whoo hooo from me blood tests show nothing much out of the ordinary - certainly no issue with previcox toxins etc. so he can go straight back on that with zitac support. The only thing that did show up was lower than normal thyroid levels but apparently thats quite typical for greyhounds and lurchers and she doesn't think thats a problem though we could blood test specifically for it if we want though shes not saying that its needed as his symptoms dont really support it being a thyroid problem. The anti emetic only lasts 24 hours so the fact he hasn't been sick since Monday is not down to the injection he had - she suspects that he got himself all upset in kennels, then hurt himself and ended up in the vet hospital and allllll of that has upset his tummy and inflamed it a bit hence the vomiting and runny poo. Its possible he might also have developed an allergy to his regular food (though I dont think its that myself) so we can grdually start introducing bits and bobs back into his diet - one at a time so we can figure out any reactions etc. and if all else fails it'll be a prescription diet (very expensive by all accounts *sighs*) or he can go onto venison and white fish .... feck sake even we dont eat venison! I'm thrilled its not the previcox or pancreaitis but still none the ruddy wiser wtf is wrong with my dog.

snow, this food might be o.k for Nog (cheaper than vet food!)

http://www.wolfit.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=77

the company are really helpful and will send you samples if you want or if you like i could give you some of ours to try.... if you are going to order from them the delivery can on occasion take up to a week to arrive (that has happened once, it is usually 4 days max) i am really glad the blood results came back as ok...ish!

we have had our trip to the vet, earlier in the week we had made the appointment with a view to putting diez to sleep, she is however back with me snoozing on the sofa, the vet has started her on some selgian to see if it is anxiety/dementia. her bloods have come back as fine and her blood count is nearly back to normal, before surgery it was either 36 or 39, after surgery 26 then on the monday following 4 days after surgery it was 27 and today it is 33!!!

Has anything ever been straightforward with poor Nog Snow? At least these latest test results are pretty positive - hurrah! :flowers:

I hope Diez's blood count continues to climb Griff :)

New installation, 2.2m high, to replace Owl's pod if the nasty neighbour gets her way.

a494finger.jpg