UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingle Dangles

merledogs

Put your feet up and keep warm Owl :flowers:

We are going to put our Crimbo decs up today. We've never done them this early but it's the run up to Christmas that we love the best and as we take them down between Christmas and new year we decided to start early with them.

Then we are making a Christmas cake. The fruit has been soaking in brandy overnight :)

• Like 1

Afternoon :)

I can't believe it's December - just got my tree out of the spare room to put it up and I think it's too big :( I got my new sofa in March which is bigger than my old one, so my lounge looks smaller anyway. Add to that a whopping 7ft tree and it's just too much :laugh: :rolleyes:

I went out last night to a birthday party, then a group of us went into a club afterwards. Omg, I have never been to a club, but I didn't like it :rolleyes: It cost a fiver to get in, most of the people in there were about 10 years younger than me and the music was shite. I was quite glad when the 2 people who were staying in a hotel near mine decided to go, so I could go with them :)

Nog threw up on my bed again this morning thats now twice in 3 days - I am now pretty convinced it has to be the Previcox and I'm stopping it immediately. His appetite is pretty low again and thats on the side effects list for the previcox as well. Not sure where we go next now, the vet mentioned maybe metacam but thats also a nsaid with similar side effects so I can't see that being an option I want to try, otherwise it'll be tramadol but she was reluctant to switch him to that as she said after that theres nothing left and she would prefer to keep that in reserve in case he ever needs pain relief for something else. For now I have decided to stop all meds for a few days and keep an eye on him and see whether or not he can manage without needing any pain killers as he's been on them non stop for 6 years and maybe he doesn't actually need them. Luckily I am off this week so will be here with him so can watch him closely, I also have a couple of tramadol in the cupboard so if he starts to get uncomfortable I can give him one overnight until we can see a vet.

How's Nog today Snow?

Archie is hungry but won't eat the rice in his rice and chicken. He just picks the chicken out. In desperation I mixed a tiny of gravy in this morning to try and make it more appetising to him but no he's not having it! He can't live on the just the chicken and is looking noticeably thinner after just 4 days of not eating/the switch to chicken and rice.

Also not eating doesn't help the acid reflux. He needs to graze which is what he normally does before this last bout of A.R. Has anyone any suggestions as to how to get him to eat the bland diet for the next couple of days or should I just put him back on his Wagg? Wagg is the only stuff I can get him to eat and he's had all sorts offered to him - Burns, James Wellbeloved, Arden Grange etc.. He doesn't like vegetables either so adding them to the rice and chicken isn't an option either :rolleyes: