UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Advice Needed For My Staffy Girl

nikkibriggs

hi i. wondering if anyone on here can help my poor staffie girls eye has gone strange. It looks like she is looking up all time just one eye but as staffies have pertruding eyes when i looked at hers its not its flat her other eye is normal possition and size im worried she going vets tomorrow couldnt get in today she is 13 in march any advice or help would be appreciated i know i havent been on for while but. had to come ask. thanks in advance

• Like 1

It looks a lot like horner's syndrome. If it is horner's it is caused by damage to the nerve that runs to the eye - the nerve runs down from the brain to the shoulder, then back up along the neck to the face. A knock to the shoulder or neck area can cause swelling that interferes with the nerve, or it can be caused by issues in the brain. Depending on the cause, it may or may not improve. My Sophie had this, hers was caused by something in the brain - most likely a tumour. In her case, she lived just fine with the horner's syndrome for a couple of years - it didn't seem to bother her at all. If it's caused by swelling, it should improve when the swelling goes down. Either way, definitely best to have the vet check her out.

• Like 1

I was furious this morning vet apt not till tomorrow stupid woman done wrong day and Sophie I was thinking horners syndrome and thanks for all your positive thoughts she vets 9:40am fingers crossed get her help she needs one thing Sophie is it painfull? I hate the thought of her in pain o I feel sick lol xx promise to update tomorrow after vets x

Hi everyone it good news she got severe infection under eyeball very swollen so eye drops and pain killers back in week see if it's gone down if not then further tests she can see out of it but only a little and has cataract in other eye but they said for her age she is in good health and they fell in love with her (like I gonna let them keep her) ;)

And a HUGE thank you for all your help and advice and positive thoughts for meggie moo just hope this works n she her normal happy go lucky self xx

• Like 1