UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Normal Niggles

merledogs

Chickentikka welcome back but I am sorry to hear you lost Dexter. Ralph is gorjuss.

Sorry, no emoticons as I'm on the tab and they don't show up.

Owl would a caravan type electrical set-up count towards making the pod permanent - I mean where you pull an electrical cord out to plug into your mum's mains electrical supply.

Welcome back Marian :)

Owl have you considered a porta loo for the Owlry? Might save you a cold/wet/dark trip out in the middle of the night.

This past week has included 4 trips to 2 different hospitals, 1 Dr's appointment, 1 wasted trip to the optician and 1 trip to the dentist still to come second trip to optician, and potentially a trip to the vet :unsure: how the heck did those all come at the same flipping time? One hospital visit came as a result of all the family history research we've been doing, we found that lots of Robs family members (male line and direct links) had all died of the same reasonably rare cancer/tumors so he took all the death certs to his GP who instantly referred him for an endoscopy - and boy did they move fast - (all clear for cancer but hiatus hernia found which could trigger the cancer if left untreated) and they have referred him to the genetics team who will look into it further and potentially he will be watched very closely for the rest of his life with regular testing etc. its all rather fascinating and quite amazing that this has all come about from us deciding to do the family tree.

My blood pressure has gone up rather than down after changing to the new pills last month ho hum so he's doubled the dose lets hope these ones work.

I'm flapping about Xmas shopping I have usually finished by now but this year I am wayyyyyyy behind and starting to panic - I think I have got all the bits to go in the hampers I'm making but until I get the baskets and start putting it all together I won't know if I might need to add a few little bits. Managed this morning to find some gold coloured bowls for the pots of gold I'm making so thats one thing ticked off, and I think I've decided on what baskets to get so will order those later. I'm getting Vicky maternity clothes but flipping heck theres so much variety nowadays and various weird contraptions they never had in my day! (feeling olddddddd lol)

I was wondering what you were up to Snowy one. That's an added bonus to researching your family history for sure!

This is totally random but I was asked by a nurse yesterday how long it is since my mum died and I was rather taken aback when I realised that it's almost 50 years ago!

Griff I hope Diez will be OK - sending positive thoughts :flowers:

Crikey Snow, i thought i had had a busy week!!!!!!!!! maternity clothes nowadays are fabby, the jeans are ace

Merledogs, hope your parcel arrives quickly

Jazz, sorry can't help with transport but hope you get him sorted

Yantan, thanks, hopefully she will just needs medication or nothing, i asked if it would be surgery as at 13 i am not sure i could do it to her,,, yes lumps getting taken off, teeth being cleaned but messing about with her heart..... i couldn't do it to her. my vet is writing the referal today and i have to ring to make the appointment later, i can only get a lift in the morning and i have just read that they will see her for her consultation between 9-10 then i've to leave her and can have her back in the afternoon..... this will mean me trying to get back over to kenilworth on a bus and then trying to get a taxi to fetch me home. i really am not comfortable with leaving her there, i don't like the cardiologist as i have used him before for laney and he doesn't grasp how upset animals become being left in a strange place with strange people, i think i will ask if i can stay with her but i suspect the answer will be no (i hope she doesn't bite them!)

Hi Suzeanna black holes are awful hope you can see a bit of light soon. ((hugs))

Well the potential vet trip that I thought might be next week is now a definite visit this afternoon - Nog is not right at all - he just threw up nothing but bile this time with added froth and grass, and while I was out there looking at it (as you do) I noticed a pile of runny poo which he must have done a short while ago presumably when he went out to wee and ate the grass . He's definitely lost weight and condition his coat is dull with lots of loose hairs. Doesn't seem to make any difference to his appetite or the vomiting whether he has had a previcox or not so I dont think it can be them - though I suppose it all depends on how long they stay in his system. I'm not prepared to leave it any longer so we're going at 4:30 this afternoon.

Glad to hear that the pod has arrived Owl and look forward to hearing about its progress.

Sorry you are feeling low Suzeanna, have you spoken to your GP for some help?

Rosie had another vitamin b jab this morning, apparently they sting a bit but she was quite happy to be there today and pleased to see the vet. The treats that I take for before and immediately after the jabs are obviously helping!