UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Normal Niggles

merledogs

Sorry about Zooey Sophie :GroupHug: :grouphug: Hope work is ok :flowers:

Looking forward to seeing pics of the new house Owl :)

It rained really hard in the early hours of the morning, the rain woke me up as it was absolutely bouncing it down. Then my car alarm went off - my car's alarm is incredibly loud (horn goes for 30 seconds and it kind of wails as well). Am guessing it woke most of the neighbours up :laugh: :rolleyes:

Another day off today - I could get used to this part time work :laugh: Shame it doesn't pay as well as full time work :rolleyes: Only thing on my agenda today is to give dad a lift to Chapel En Le Frith to collect his car at about 4pm, then go to the gym, sort Blue out and then it's the pub quiz. Am thinking I might have another go at Game of Thrones book 2 :unsure:

I can't see the screen very well - it's pretty much a blur and am depending on my touch typing abilities right now. I can see distance fine though. I've had the drops before but I never can remember how long it takes for them to wear off.

Archie was very norty today and ran away from Ian :mad: They'd got as far as the leisure centre, after leaving the old railway line, en-route to Ian bringing Archie home when Arch just took off. He crossed the road 5 times on his own to get home including the busy main road :ohmy: I heard his tags outside as he shook himself. As I opened the door to him a very flustered and shocked Ian came through the gate having been in hot pursuit. Archie had been sitting outside the garden gate until he spotted Ian as he turned the corner and then Archie pushed the garden gate open to get in. We just couldn't understand his behaviour. He adores Ian and Ian said there was nothing unusual about the walk that he could discern so why Archie chose to run home is a mystery. But this is now twice he has ignored whoever was walking him to go and do his own thing - it was me the first time - and it's so very out of character :worried_anim:

Tell Archie I am giving him an official reprimand on behalf of Doglost. We do not want to see him on our site!

Pod arrived as a huge parcel, on huge flatbed lorry with crane, which deposited it on front lawn. No one will steal it as they would need a crane to do so. Took photos. Construction day is Tuesday! It's all happening - eek!

• Like 2

The Express back in September forecast heavy snow starting in October. I would not trust their forecasts. The forecasts on BBC website are more accurate, and they only give possible range of temps for anything further than 5 days ahead. Temp might drop, and it might not.

Electricity will be connected to pod, but not water or plumbing which could define it as a permanent structure. I will use kitchen and bathroom facilities in the house. During times of snow and ice we will overnight in the kitchen on airbed and cushion respectively, as I like to check on mum in the night and would not want to do this in icy conditions.

Archie, you little monkey, no more legging it or else you will end up on lead..........permanently!!!!!

oooooooooo how exciting Owl, will the new residence be getting a name??

just back from the vets, diez collapsed last week, basically just keeled over, scared the hell out of me, she is fine and was only on the floor for a second but i decided to ask the vet when i was in with laney.... he suggested a blood test which showed a raised urea level, he then checked the concentrations which turned out as fine but we had an ECG done on her and the report says she has a type of arythmia and now has to go for an echo, the vet said she could have heart disease or she could have an enlarged heart, i have talked to my mum and dad and we will get the referral done and go when they get back off holiday. Had to laugh though, the vet was 20 minutes late before i got in and before i could get the cat out of the cat carrier he was discussing diez, then by the time we had done that, checked the cat, took his blood i had been in there 20 minutes... i apologized for making him so late and he wasn't bothered at all Lol.... can't say the other people in the waiting room were too pleased

Hello, sneaks back in after far too long. Have had a crap year - my Dexter went to the bridge 12 April and it still hurts like yesterday and then lost my very best human friend to cancer............just waiting for the third thing. After realising that Fleur was totally miserable being an only dog and I missed a dobie presence in the house but really couldn't face a proper dobe I went for the ridiculous option and rehomed a passed from pillar to post young pup. About 6 months later have the joyous young brat that is Ralph, a doberman poodle cross, about 9 months old and just fabulous.

• Like 1