UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Scintillating Snippets

merledogs

the lad i got the flea treatment for has really annoyed me, i told him to take the cat to the vet for a check up and he kept saying he'd no money.. well i wasn't paying again and he said he was waiting for a call back from the vet to see when they could fit him in.... obviously rubbish, i have just seen him on the bus drunk, so basically he has took me for a mug... i am really annoyed as i don't have a lot of money so £35 is a great deal to me and he kept saying he would get more flea treatment and get her to the vet and he has done neither

Its so hard to make these types of judgement calls , people can be such bloody liars or they just see reality in a different way especially when alcohol is involved.

• Like 1

Hope you got back to sleep murtle :flowers:

Moaning :tired:

Am knackered - got to sleep at 1.30 am and woke up at 5 am :tired: Could have had a lie in this morning too because we've got an offsite team meeting today and tomorrow and it's ten mins from my house and doesn't start until 10.30. Not looking forward to it I must admit. It also involves a night bowling tonight and I don't do social gatherings.

Sad to hear they will be closing reading prison next year :-(

I didn't know that. Of course any mention of the place and I think of Wilde's Ballad Of Reading Gaol which I used to be able to recite. Now I come to think of it I really should have had that on my CV.

Can you all please think "baby behave" thoughts for later when little Evie gets dropped off. I hope Archie doesn't get jealous, he knows her very well but he doesn't like me fussing over other animals and I am not sure that he won't see a little person on my knee in his house as a threat :worried_anim: If needs be, although I hate doing this sort of stuff, I will shut him in the dining room and kitchen where he has plenty of room to play.

Am sure you will have an ok time tonight Alex, I dread things like that, but usually end up enjoying myself when I get there :)

Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight Murtle - I had a stressful dream the other night, dreaming that I was going away but couldn't find the airport :rolleyes: I woke up mega stressed :unsure:

Collecting my holiday tickets and money today :biggrin:

Murtle, i hope tonight brings a bad dream free sleep

Merledogs, do you have to go? could you come up with an excuse..... if it is going to make you that uncomfortable

Jazz, sorry to hear your dancers have left strictly, hopefully their replacements will be as good

Yantan, i hope all goes well with the baby today and i think it is wise having a plan for just in case archie gets a bit jealous

No experience of the disc problems, but when Ted had his Tumour removed from his spine, that was compressing his spinal cord and causing similar problems to disc disease. Until the MRI is done, there is no concrete evidence of whether it is the disc protrusion (so bulging out and squashing the spinal cord), extrusion (disc has kind of exploded and is squashing the spinal cord), or something like a tumour. The MRI scan was pretty straightforward, general anaesthetic and left there for most of the day. Tom then went through the results and options with us once he had looked at the scan.

Yantan how's baby sitting going ?

It was absolutely a breeze :jammin: Evie was a little poppet :wub: We played for quite a long time and she watched Archie playing with his toys and generally running round like a silly bugger and that entertained her greatly. Her parents don't have a TV so I asked if I could let her watch a cartoon or three and her mum was fine with that. Little 'un sat on my knee with a biscuit and juice whilst we watched Spongebob Squarepants which she took a great interest in. Then I showed her how to use my tablet and she definitely got that you have to sweep the screen. It whistles every time an email comes in and that caused her much amusement.

After giving her her lunch and cleaning up the both of us :rolleyes: I sang to her (I know, I know, I can't carry a tune in a bucket but Evie seemed to like it!) and rocked her to sleep. I laid her down beside me on the sofa and she wiggled around to snuggle into me so I was stuck like that for an hour-and-a-half but the sight of her there caused her mum and nanna to go "aaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwww" when they came to pick her up.

Here she is:

20130905_102942.jpg

• Like 2

Oh what a cutie pie :heart:

Stew yesterday was rather tasty - stew today will be even better always is on 2nd day.

Its the start of the rugby season tomorrow so we're having a chinese takeaway to watch the Blues game so I shall be trying to get through the day on naff all calories so I can indulge myself lol

Starting to resent the diet now lol but at the same time impressed with myself for sticking to it as seriously as I have - its also made me realise exactly what I cant live without (sweets! lol) so its making the hard choices between my measly 5 pieces of Werthers originals or 5 blackcurrant & licorice a day or a more filling snack.

OOOOOOO sad moment alert lol just discovered Werthers do a sugar free version and 5 pieces are only 40 calories yippeeee I can have 10 for less than 5 of the sugared ones. REEEZULT!

Oh what a cutie pie :heart:

Stew yesterday was rather tasty - stew today will be even better always is on 2nd day.

Its the start of the rugby season tomorrow so we're having a chinese takeaway to watch the Blues game so I shall be trying to get through the day on naff all calories so I can indulge myself lol

Starting to resent the diet now lol but at the same time impressed with myself for sticking to it as seriously as I have - its also made me realise exactly what I cant live without (sweets! lol) so its making the hard choices between my measly 5 pieces of Werthers originals or 5 blackcurrant & licorice a day or a more filling snack.

OOOOOOO sad moment alert lol just discovered Werthers do a sugar free version and 5 pieces are only 40 calories yippeeee I can have 10 for less than 5 of the sugared ones. REEEZULT!

Be careful Snow

Ingredients: sweeteners: Isomalt, acesulfame-K, butter (7.9%), cream (7%), salt, flavouring, emulsifier: soya lecithin.

Excess consumption may produce a laxative effect.