UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Scintillating Snippets

merledogs

Had a lovely weekend of agility again...two different shows with Molly getting places in Grade 3 classes on Saturday and even managing to WIN her Grade 3 Jumping today!! :cheer:

Nice to see a fellow Fugee at both shows :wave4: even if Kia doesn't like getting her paws wet :dwet:

So proud of our club as well who are doing very well and we have a great team spirit with the dogs happiness always coming first. One of girls has just won into Grade 7 (top grade) today so mega happy for her and Tilly (min Schnauzer).

Glen retired from competitive agility today and had cake...he was very happy! :cool03:

Well done Molly :wub:

Holiday blues are just pants - I suspect I will have them big time after this holiday. Usually when I am away on my own, I get bored and ready to come home by about day 10 to speak to people again. However since this hotel has wifi everywhere and I have done stuff (apart from lying on the beach!), I am not getting bored at all. Don't want to come home from this paradise!! Oh well, only got to wait 102 days then will be jetting off to Cuba (I think I will get bored there - no wifi!!!)

Hello Peeps.Hope everyones well. I dont get a minute to myself now days so dont get on here as much as Id like to. Who is it in Anglesea that is a member here ? Ive been asked for an emergency home check for a rescue dog who will be homeless if anyone can advise me I would be grateful

Edited by Trallwm farm

Try again...fat fingers!

Sounds nice Jazz. I like catching up with friends.

Well back to work today, moved house and ran a half marathon at the weekend. Hoping work will be a break, I guess siting down will be a plus point.

Sorry I don't know the answer on home checkers.

Alex, how are you feeling? Did the rest help?

Have I missed Owl recently, hope everything is settling down.

Well done in the agility x

Hello Yantan, Sam, Amy, Jayne, Snow, Loobie (your man sounds fab and your holiday very exciting) and now I know I will have missed lots of names so hello :wavey icon: 😘

xxx

Edited by murtle

I know exactly who you mean Lesley, the lady with the horse and dogs. I think one was called Cooper? I can't remember her name for the life of me though and it is a long long time since she posted here. Perhaps post in the horse thread to see if one of the horse people is still in contact with her?

• Like 1

I know exactly who you mean Lesley, the lady with the horse and dogs. I think one was called Cooper? I can't remember her name for the life of me though and it is a long long time since she posted here. Perhaps post in the horse thread to see if one of the horse people is still in contact with her?

Jackysian. She doesn't get on here these days but I think she is still active on FB and there will be a few here who have her on their friends list.

Well done Molly :flowers: :wub: I can't believe Glenn is retiring from agility, how time flies! Will you still have him doing it for fun Sandra?

Hi Lesley - waves madly!

Murtle I was also wondering how things were going for Owl.

I'm sorry I don't have photos from our last night's agility as they all suffered from camera wobble (mainly due to the fact that I was laughing so much!) They have come out all blurred and not worth showing.

I did get some video action but will have to see if I can get it on here. It's not something I have done before.

I don't think any of us attending ever intends to do competition agility and none of the dogs last night had ever seen agility equipment so it was organised chaos. It's being run by our lovely stand-in DW and all the dogs were her clients. Having experienced some of the behaviour last night I can well see how she always says Archie is the best trained dog she's ever walked. Cheesus there were some norty dogs there but it wasn't their fault as they have owners who just didn't have a clue. They were all much loved dogs though :)

Archie didn't go off lead for this taster session and that was the case for most of the dogs. We particularly didn't want to risk him snapping as he just doesn't like being crowded by over friendly dogs which many of them were. When the classes proper start there will only be 8 dogs in each session and hopefully things will be a lot calmer as they get used to the setting and each other.

Archie refused to do the tunnel even with Ruby and I encouraging from either end with cheese. When it comes to the see-saw he waits in the middle for Ruby to depress it down for him before gingerly walking down and as for the A board - forget it! I think once he is allowed to go round lead free though we will see a difference. The jumps were no problem to him and he even did high ones very easily even though he was on lead with Ruby running him round and he got the poles down pat very quickly. No one could believe he is 10.

Esther, the DW, had some of the more limber owners do the course themselves to show them how daunting it can be to dogs who have never seen agility equipment. It was hilarious! Poor Ruby though fell down the other side of the A board and crashed into the side - and then was cross at me because I had chosen that very moment to stop filming so we won't get the chance to submit it too You've Been Framed :rolleyes:

Sounds like fun Yantan although I don't think the dogs should have necessarily been doing all that stuff even on a taster night. Our new dogs start on very low jumps as they have to learn to jump properly, same with the equipment as they can scare or hurt themselves easily with full height stuff especially the seesaw!

Glen will still do fun stuff, he is only 8 but doesn't really love the agility, he does it to please me and he would rather be flirting with the girls (and boys) or getting cuddles from people.

Aw Glenn :wub:

That's interesting info Sandra on how your club trains and something I shall bear in mind. When I say high jumps it was one that was about 2 and a half foot high, which I thought looked high for Archie, the others he jumped were about on the lowest setting - about 6/7/8 inches off the ground maybe. Do you think it would be a good idea if I bought him a little tunnel so he can get used to it at home? And do you have any tips for encouraging him through it? I only want him to have fun. He's going to try flyball next. If it turns out he's not keen to take part in either agility or flyball that will be it.