UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Scintillating Snippets

merledogs

I am chuffed to bits - I have been struggling a bit with my diet motivation this week I have stuck with it but its starting to feel like a chore all this calorie counting faffing about before I dare put something in my mouth I've now lost 9lbs which isn't bad more importantly though I just measured myself and I've lost 3" off my waist 2" off my hips (yayyyyy more room in the plane seat lol) and 4" off my tummy. Today I am going to be eating "real" food as I am making a HUGE pot of stew loads of veggies etc. all of which are almost no calories and I can even have a couple of suety dumplings if I use a packet mix instead of making my own. I love stew its one of my favorite things to eat so a big pot means stew for a couple of days :cheer:

• Like 2

Well done Snow. Once you have done the crash diet part hopefully you'll be able to relax into a more structured healthy eating to continue the weight loss as it sounds like it is going really well.

Sophie hope the IVF treatment is / has gone well.

The sun is still shining here and last day before all the kids go back I fear meaning the roads will be a pain again soon!!

Hope annoying colleague stops being annoying Alex.

My annoying PM highlighted yesterday to others just what an arse he is. I was muchly happy about this fact!

Well done Snow! I'm not dieting as such, just not eating potatoes and bread and rather puzzingly, although I haven't lost weight (according to my bathroom scales) I've definitely lost weight round my waist as I can now fit easily into a pair of jeans that strained to fasten before!

Edited by suzeanna

morning all

Sadly whilst Amy will be flying to Sri Lanka this weekend I will not due to a very complicated issue that has arisen which prevents Mark and I from leaving the UK until its resolved , it could be sorted at a fairly short notice but the timescales are a moving target. I am rather gutted to be missing my special fugee visitor but Mo and team are getting the red carpet out ( okay best door mat ) I was hoping to help Amy spend her 18 rupees at my local shop as well

its an ill wind that blows no good and Mark and now on a fantastic training course with the Dogs Trust next week which will keep us out of mischief.

Stew is on and errr stewing lol made it differently this time to see if Rob will enjoy it more since he will eat stew but doesnt love stew. Instead of doing it the old fashioned way with a bit of this a bit of that bay leaves, boqui garni etc. have just dumped a couple of beef stock pots and a pkt of tesco beef casserolle mix in with lean steak (no fat) and bulked it up with a whole swede, a couple pounds of carrots, some freshly hand shelled (by me) peas and broad beans, and have some baby new potatoes cooking separately as there wasn't room in the pressure cooker lol no onion and no leek this time so Nog can have a bit as well.

10 years well done!

I love the slow cooker,but find once its portioned up and inthe freezer I dont enjoy it as much, but will happily eat it out of the fridge lol

I bought some very cheap joints, they were fantastic in there with a bag of baby potatoes and 2 tins of veg

Well done Snow

HLGS, sorry you are going to miss Lil Angel, i hope your issues can be sorted quickly and easily

Yantan... you will be fine so long as you feed the right end Lol

Vonny, happy 10th anniversary for tomorrow, have a lovely day

Merledogs, sorry to hear some is peeing you off at work

the lad i got the flea treatment for has really annoyed me, i told him to take the cat to the vet for a check up and he kept saying he'd no money.. well i wasn't paying again and he said he was waiting for a call back from the vet to see when they could fit him in.... obviously rubbish, i have just seen him on the bus drunk, so basically he has took me for a mug... i am really annoyed as i don't have a lot of money so £35 is a great deal to me and he kept saying he would get more flea treatment and get her to the vet and he has done neither

• Like 1