UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Scintillating Snippets

merledogs

Its blinking cold here today - last night I found my fleecy pj's and wore them to bed!

Went to see Nick & Vicky yesterday their house looks lovely now the decorating is all finished.

I have been struggling with a misbehaving keyboard for the past few days - it either typed random letters when it felt like it and in an entirely different order to what I had typed or it simply refused to type certain letters at all until 10 mins later when it would randomly inset the missing letter in the middle of what I was trying to type. Its been infuriating, I have spent hours re installing batteries and drivers and scanning the pc for malaware, disabling this that and t'other all with very little effect so was about to give up and switch to a wired keyboard when I decided to try one last thing and have switched the usb receiver from the back to the front of the pc and that seems to have done the trick - for now -probably should have tried that first would have saved a lot of time lol

Eek Amy, I can't believe how quickly it has come around! Have you started packing yet?

I need to stop seeing stuff in the sale and buying it! My case will weigh about 10 tonnes at the rate I am going :laugh: :rolleyes:

Plane spotting was cold this morning, there was a bit of a breeze, was freezing by the time I got home :rolleyes: I got to watch 2 dreamliners this morning though, as well as the Cancun bound one, there was one just before that went to Cyprus. I can't believe how quiet it is when it takes off though! Watched the A380 Emirates land, then had to come back home to take the dogs swimming.

Not packed yet but have made list and rucksack has come out of storage. Booked National Express to Airport yesterday. NE says max weight they handle is 20kgs. Do they weigh it then before it goes into the coach?

Still faffing about with the travel insurance at the moment.

could it be 20kg per bag ?

I don't imagine they will - 20kg is standard luggage allowance anyway when you fly long haul (or it is with the airlines like Thomas Cook etc) and I find it is usually enough to fit all my stuff in for 2 weeks (and believe me, I don't travel light :laugh: ).

standard for non package holidays to Asia / Australia is 30kg

• Like 1

I remembered about you saying about repatriation Sam so that Ive been making sure I check its ticked. Axa seems good for both single trip and annual multiple trip so just need to decide which. Im wavering more towards the annual multiple trip one as we've been looking at going to Copenhagen around Christmas.