UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts All Talking

Jazz

I was just about to post a warning Mel 😉

Welcome back xxx

Congratulations Sophie, fingers crossed for the next stage. And also to the DIL going through IVF xxx

Yay for owl home to be ready sooner than October!

Xxx

Fingers crossed Sophie and Suzeanna :)

Owl hope your move goes smoothly

Hi Mel

News from the drey is i am having a blood test which will rule in or out gluten issues , I had one slice of really good quality brown bread today and spent 4 hours in crippling agony. Later in the day I ate a big salad with various pulses and roasted veggies and not a bother on me

Hello Mel.

Sam, I hope the test proves conclusive and you can get to the bottom of your problem.

Yesterday my mum flew out to Canada to spend a week with my sister. This morning when I went to drop the dogs off for the day Buzz was ridiculously soppy and a wee bit upset. He's only ever spent a week away from my mum in the 4 years she's had him, and that time he was staying at my house so I think missed her less as everything was different. He is a funny dog though - most of the time he doesn't like me very much, yet this morning I was his best friend.

Now that was an exciting opener to the Refuge this morning - first post I read was Mel's. Yay Mel's back :pinkie: Welcome home :flowers:

Aw poor Buzz. They are funny aren't they :wub:

I had zero sleep last night. Zilch, nada, nowt, non. I am surprisingly chirpy considering but I am a morning person. I guess I will wilt as the day goes on.

Hope you get to the bottom of your problem Sam and then at least you will know what you can eat safely and what to avoid.

am boring the arse of myself with my food issues so lord knows what its like for anyone who has to to listen to me !!!! I have been told to eat normally ( well normal for me ) so have eaten toasted wholemeal pitta for lunch and so far so good

just as long as I don't end up with an allergy to curry I will be okay :)

I'm turning into a diet bore Sam so don't worry about it - I'm not lol

Theres no way I would be able to keep this up after I get back from holiday - its consuming FAR too much of my attention, every little bloody thing I eat or think about eating and I'm rushing off to myfitnesspal and checking it in the database for how many calories it is, I have refused to cheat or even eat my whole daily allowance and I can't stay off the scales eeeek I'm turning into my mother! All day long all I think about is food what can I have and when can I have it - NOT good thats OK for a couple of weeks but no longer. This morning I was not happy that I'd only lost 1/2 lb over night - ffs! This is everything I hate about diets and dieting and triggering memories of my childhood and teens which I spent on one kind of diet or another, you name the fad diet and I've blinking well done it, heck I've even popped diet pllls long long before anyone had ever heard of diet pills or knew how dangerous some of them could be and paid a private Dr for the privilege. :confused: Its going to be a long long 5 weeks!

once you know what you can and cant eat it will be a relief. I have to eat a bland diet or im ill

we have picked up 2 rescue dogs today. one has gone to her new home and one to a fosterer

if trudy is still walking badly on monday ill have to take her to the vet. I dont think he can do anything, its just her illness and shes already on steroids and metacam, but its not nice seeing her hobbling round

It would have been rood not too Alex.

I'm in bed, medicated up to the max so am hoping that l shall be falling asleep before long. I've not napped or anything today so sleep has to catch me soon.

I've just watched a film called Away From Me from 2006. I recall it being talked about as a possible Oscar winner back then. Oh my, I'd a lump in my throat for about 3/4's of it. I don't recommend it for anyone feeling fragile but if you like a simple tale simply told and feel able to watch it this is about the love between a couple who have been married for 44 years and her move into a care home when Alzeheimers starts to take hold. I've never liked Julie Christie until now. Boy she put in a powerful yet understated performance.

Ok I'll shut up now. G'night all.

Snow, have you tried slimming world? They do on-line. Best thing is you weigh very little, no calories to count. you can still eat chocolate and treats. It seems to be based on a low fat diet. I have lost just over 1+1/2 stone and I have never eaten so much!!! Best thing is my back seems a lot better than it did. Might be something to try when you get back off holiday?

Why am I still up at this time when I have got to be up at silly o'clock?? :rolleyes: