UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts All Talking

Jazz

I have been asleep since about half nine, then woken up by excited call from the other Doglost tracking team, or at least the human side of it. But she was so out of breath and excited I might have got more sense from the beagle. They had just tracked a very fast GSD and owner has caught her. Going back to sleep soon, busy day tomorrow.

I am a lot happier. My kind friend Chrissie has said that as Wispa and I are sitting her house and dogs from 5 to 16 Sept, we might as well move in now instead of going to camp out in mum's garage. So we are going there tomorrow. This is our last night in this house!

And the friend whose daughter's wedding I was going to on the 7th said she won't be at all offended if I don't come, what with so much going on. Relieved she understands.

That sounds like a good solution for now Owl :flowers:

This is a bloody silly time to be gong to see the Dr *sigh* or rather going to queue to see the Dr - just hope my xray results are there or this will be a complete waste of time.

I've now lost 1/2 stone!

Lol, no Murlte, i didn't get in trouble...well my dad just said i was weird (nothing new there) and my mum just said i was sneaky, my consultants on the other hand may be miffed especially if i get an infection but i am cleaning them with salt water so i should be o.k hopefully

Owl, what great news on all fronts, i am sure you are relieved

the lad i got flea treatment for had a visit from the housing yesterday, i hva ebecome more involved than i wanted because despite me treating the cat and his flat she wasn't happy and wouldn't believe him.... funnily enough she accepted my word who is a complete stranger..very odd! then we found out who had been reporting him, the fella upstairs, i was told to p*ss off it was non of my business! and when i tried to explain the cat doesn't have fleas he wouldn't listen, he called me love which i don't ever object to but i wasn't taking it off him so told him to address me by either my chrisitan name or surname and i would respond to either but not to patronize me... apparently i was being facetious? not my grasp on the word so told him to go back and check his dictionary before trying to use words he doesn't understand Lol, turns out, to begin with it was the woman downstairs dog that had the fleas, now it is the cat and when i said the vets couldn't understand how they were going from the flat below to above the only way is carried on clothing he said well yeah when i carry my shopping in? very odd man! if that was how the fleas were getting about surely the whole block would be affected not just his flat

Edited by griff

Best wishes to you all and thank you to everyone who posted kind thoughts about FIL.

Big stuff going on here. Dad has a "mock trial" today re his mesothelioma industrial injury claim. I hope that Dad has one of his better days when he is able to speak clearly and recall the past with accuracy. These days get fewer all the time. There will be a solicitor and barrister representing Dad, a solicitor and barrister for the defendants (his former employer), a retired high court judge presiding plus someone taking notes and video. The point of this is to absolutely button down Dad's evidence while they can as Dad may be dead before the case concludes :(

Good and bad news from the Xray no damage caused from the fall however I have "significant degeneration" of my lower back caused by leading a fairly active lifestyle with big boobs and getting older :confused02: not exactly word for word what he said but close enough, there may also be a hereditary link which could have predisposed me to have back problems as I get older. I asked about arthritis (family link) and he explained that a lot of joint inflammation is "arthritis" though he doesn't want to say its arthritis at this stage but I'm to be aware that it may well develop over time. Bad news is this is degenerative and he can't give me any idea if/when it might get worse I'm to "listen to my back" for now I can treat it with over the counter anti imflams with the cocodamol when the pain is bad, if I find I am struggling to cope with the pain and stiffness, or I think my mobility is being restricted then I can go back and we'll talk physio & medication. He suggested that rather than using the walker which tends to have me leaning forwards that I instead do more abdominal and glute strengthening as that will help support my back. He was really pleased with my weight loss especially as it does appear to have helped my back a bit this week.

Ooooh I am all excited! For years we have wanted to Archie to do agility but the only club around here is over subscribed with a long waiting list :( Well now our stand-in DW is starting up her own agility club with a free introduction evening next month and Archie is booked on it! I know he is 10 but he is still super fit and I think he will get a lot of enjoyment out of it. She's also starting up a flyball class but I wonder if that will be a tad too energetic for The Archibald?

Griff the girls did sort the cover out between themselves. The stand-in DW is kindly covering the weekend for us too although strictly speaking she doesn't work the weekends other than to walk the dogs she has as home-stayers but she also has a soft spot for Archie and he fits in OK :)

Alex I wonder if there is something in the air with the sleepless nights? I am having far too many.

Murtle I hope the colleague you suspect of being fun turns out to be just that. I have always got into trouble at every place I have worked for having too much fun but I think it makes for a nicer workplace and happy workers are more productive.

Well done on the weight loss snow.

Whizzie, good luck to your dad, I hope it goes well today.

I hope you and archie enjoy the agility yantan. Morse kept doing agility until a few months ago (he'll be 13 in a few weeks), and I only stopped because his eyesight was letting him down.

I had my eggs collected yesterday - just had a call to say that 7 of them (out of 9) have fertilised :)

We're having a new washing machine and fridge-freezer delivered in the next hour. I'm very glad, as living without a fridge for a week has been surprisingly difficult. Thankfully the freezer compartment of the broken one in the garage is still cool - not freezer cool, but works as a small fridge. But I'm fed up of having to tramp out to the garage every time I want some milk for my tea.

Lots of exciting news from Owl and Sophie..hope all goes well with your move Owl, wheresoever it may be, and that your IVF is successful Sophie. My daughter in law has had two Grade 1 embryos implanted (last Saturday) now they have to wait and see if either of them hang on in there. My son is praying it's only one!

Snow, I know that sounds bad but I've got degenerating bones in my neck which were diagnosed in my late thirties. Apart from a very unpleasant crunching noise when I move my head after having it in one position for a while and odd pains in my shoulders it doesn't really bother me. The blasted fibromylagia which I thought had gone for good is much more of a pain in all senses of the word, it's come back with a vengeance...I could hardly climb the stairs earlier for the pain in my hips.

The council are replacing soffits and fascias on their houses at present, next door is getting the scaffolding put up and I'm just waiting for them to stick a pole through my conservatory, it's coming very close! I'm not an angel by any means, but if the blokes doing it don't stop f'ing and blinding soon I'm going to go out and have words. :mad:

Good and bad news from the Xray no damage caused from the fall however I have "significant degeneration" of my lower back caused by leading a fairly active lifestyle with big boobs and getting older :confused02: not exactly word for word what he said but close enough, there may also be a hereditary link which could have predisposed me to have back problems as I get older. I asked about arthritis (family link) and he explained that a lot of joint inflammation is "arthritis" though he doesn't want to say its arthritis at this stage but I'm to be aware that it may well develop over time. Bad news is this is degenerative and he can't give me any idea if/when it might get worse I'm to "listen to my back" for now I can treat it with over the counter anti imflams with the cocodamol when the pain is bad, if I find I am struggling to cope with the pain and stiffness, or I think my mobility is being restricted then I can go back and we'll talk physio & medication. He suggested that rather than using the walker which tends to have me leaning forwards that I instead do more abdominal and glute strengthening as that will help support my back. He was really pleased with my weight loss especially as it does appear to have helped my back a bit this week.

Have you ever tried magnet therapy? I never used to think there was anything in it, I thought it was one of those things that seemed to work because people believed it was working. However, I've changed my view in the last week or so. I suffer from Arthritis and a week or so ago, I was rummaging through some junk in my bedroom. I came across a magnetic bracelet I'd had for years but never worn. I decided to try wearing it and my Arthritic knees have been much better. I wear it all the time now.