UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts All Talking

Jazz

I have lost 2lb since yesterday :cheer: considering my target is 2lb a week thats great - wonder how much I lost on the 2 days before I had a set of scales lol if it was about the same I'm on target have lost a stone in 1 week which would astonish me (and please me no end) inch loss is 2" off my waist and 1 3/4" off my hips and 1/2" off my neck. Target was 1.5 stone in 6 weeks if I could lose more that would be a really huge bonus.

Both look fab :)

Had a day out down the Bay yesterday with friends as they wanted to see the extreme sailing championships. Totally went over my head but one of them was very excited about the whole thing. All the fresh air meant I slept like a log last night.

Lazy day today. Went out for food with parents, popped to Asda and visited brother and then took Louie for a walk when it was cool enough.

Shame have to go to work tomorrow!

fur king heck the runner came off the walker last night when Rob was on it so I cant go on it today so I had a brainwave - I loveeeeeeeeee dancing so I just did 12 mins of swing/jive omg I am sweating buckets really rather pleased tho am puffing and definitely out of breath and have the beginning of a stitch lol but I have got my breath back reasonably fast and my hearts only thumping in response to the exercise not pounding madly like it was a few weeks ago.

Just don't overdo things Snow.It's good when you find something you enjoy

Cracking pic Jayne

Mad busy morning in work. Back home with furry types. Will prob get us all in the garden again to do some more sprucing up. Weather looking dodgy today.

Managed to send off assignment 6 for marking last night. 2 to go for this manual bit then they send me computerised version of it. Really had enough of this now as have been doing it for nearly 3 years. Should have finished it ages ago really but what with everything else I have on it's been a constant nagging in the back of my mind and not enjoyable.

Oldies Club calendars arrived today so that will keep me out of trouble for a few months lol.

i am livid......... was on my way to the tattooists and i cut across the field, there was a well dressed business type woman with a lovely springer, the dog was being a typical dog and doing pretty much what she pleased, the woman told the dog off but the dog continued, she then went over, shooed the dog away from whatever and began walking away.... the dog went back to what she was doing and with that the woman went back clipped the dog on the lead and hit her!!! well i screamed at her not to hit her dog and she then told me to mind my own business!! how the hell i didn't punch her i do not know... her justification? the dog ate a dead bird with maggots!!! i told her the dog would be fine, a bit sick maybe and a dodgy gut but no need to belt the bl**dy dog, i said perhaps i should report her to the rspca for hitting the dog and she turned round and said it was me who wanted reporting. i whipped out my mobile and offered it to her and said if she wanted to call the police the number was under west mids and to call and i would happily wait.... she declined Lol. i rang my dad to check he had keys to get in and she was following me so my dad came up in the car, she tried to justify her actions to him and he just said he would do the exact same as me. apparently her dog is so well trained...o.k why the need to hit her??? if your dog is so well trained why did i have to turn back three times to hear you screaming rosie and your dog following me refusing to go back to you?? hopefully she will think twice before doing it again... i was shaking out of anger by the time i got into the tattooists and the boys down there reckon i did the right thing. wonder if i will get a visit from the police?

I've had similar run-in's to your Griff. It stays with you for ages and you worry about the dog and the life it has. Good for you for speaking up. You tried. Who knows she may go home and think about it and educate herself a bit. I always mention hitting a dog goes against current good practice as laid down by rescue organisations and most dog experts and that hitting your dog is only teaching the dog to be frightened of you. Although I sometimes think the latter part of that is what the owner wants to achieve anyway. I also say that Barbara Woodhouse's ways have long been discredited and dog training has moved on greatly apart from that of Cesare Milan - so many bad owners refer to his methods when trying to justify themselves.

Have a :GroupHug: Griff. You did the right thing. I would say more but I gotta go. Sorry if the above is dis-jointed!