UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts All Talking

Jazz

Happy Birthday Snow. Hope you're having a fab day

Sam sounds like a food intolerance of some sort. Was going to say IBS but so many things can cause same effect.

Have been to see Dad. Better weather over there so on way home had a walk along the sea front to blow some cobwebs off. Was nice to just wander about doing nothing.

Snow I think target weights can be very misleading which is why I prefer measure muscle mass v body fat. As I am ( now ) thin when I exercise I tend to put on muscle and muscle weighs more than fat so I am tracking that rather than worrying if my weight goes up ( which it will )

Equally people that are overweight often have a far bit of muscle already so they want to retain that muscle and reduce body fat only and as fat weigh less than muscle it might look like they are not losing a lot of weight but they are losing the right type of weight.

I am glad the BMR links helped , sadly too many diets are unhealthy in wanting folk to eat to little food which stuffs up metabolism. The right weight is different for everyone based on loads of factors and fitness and health are very different to a figure on a set of scales.

Jacobean : I am hoping its not IBS as it seems too specific but I think while I am back in the UK I might get it checked out just in case

Best get it checked out Sam. My cousin has developed a similar problem after contracting giardia in Egypt. She could still eat scones made with white flour though for some odd reason!

I have been reading about low fat diets for dogs with pancreatitis. Very interesting but I think my head might explode with too much information.

Grrrr :mad: The Clampetts had been relatively quiet this year (I say "relatively" because their version of 'quiet' is still noisier than most people's 'noisy'). They have had a party (complete with bouncy castle) going on since lunchtime. It's so loud that I have all doors and windows closed, earplugs in and television on and I can STILL hear it :mad: I have no doubt that it will go on until the early hours too. If it does I may ring the Police. I will be out there with my lawnmower early doors to see how they like being disturbed. I was going to get out in the garden and do some bits and pieces but it's too loud to be outside even with earplugs. I can't leave the door open for the dogs either so we are all cooped up on a lovely sunny day :mad:

RMF : Have been to Costco and bought some tulips for next spring. Just reminds me that it will soon be autumn (which I loathe with a passion).

Edited by merledogs

Loads of sympathy for you Alex over the noisy Clampetts. I'd be complaining to someone about them.

There is a holiday house 3 or 4 houses down from ours which belongs to a Geordie family. I always say their Newcastle neighbours must get the flags out when they see them packing up to come over here. They are such noisy gits. The grandma cackles like an old witch and it sets all the neighbours' teeth on edge whenever she starts up. Today has been warm so she's been sitting out for the past few hours cackling away at the grand children who are just as annoying. They don't know how to talk in normal voices. They can only scream. We can all hear every word of their conversations - adult and children alike, yet whenever the rest of the neighbours sit out non of us can hear more than hum of voices from each other which is in no way annoying.

I've also caught the grandma lurking at night behind other people's front fences trying to see into their front rooms. I came up behind her and told her a tour of my house is held every morning at 10am when she could come along and pay the £10 entrance fee and get a proper view rather than lurk in the dark trying to see in.

• Like 5

Lol. feckin brilliant yantan, i like your style!!!

Snow, i totally agree, if you feel better about yourself do without the weightloss target, i hope you achieve what you want to

HLGS, it might be worth you looking at phil vickerys website, he does a think on gluten free which involves all sorts of weird and wonderful flours to make cakes (i was keen for diesel)

Merledogs, i do feel sorry for you, inconsiderate neighbours are a pain inthe a*se, take a leaf out of my neighbours book and cut you grass at 7.40am

i have been out with some friends tonight, had a few beers and the old me is back with avengage.... so dean the bus driver.... look out Lol

Nice one Michelle!

Alex I really think you should contact your local council about the noise from the Clampetts. It's just not on having speakers fitted to the outside of the house and I think the council might be able to do something about that.

It's a lovely day here - the sun is out and the skies are blue :)

how long is their garden? could a super soaker get the speakers from your garden? justa thought ..

I have realised my limits.I cant hang onto a stepladder while stripping walls. had to abandon that quick,so have tidied the garden and filled the shed instead.cant walk now though lol

Hope you manage to get your stomach sorted out Sam :flowers:

Hope your neighbours stay quiet today Alex :)

Glad you have got the suite at the cheaper price Michelle :)

Have been working today, only 10-4, but they didn't put a lunch break in for me, so I had to take advantage of a cancellation to send one of the girls to subway and get me some food :rolleyes: I usually charge them slightly less for a bank hol as it's usually 10-4 with an hour for lunch. However as there wasn't an hour for lunch, I charged them my usual 9-5 rate :)