UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts All Talking

Jazz

Hope you enjoyed your fish pie

I did thank you. It was a ginormous helping so Archie shared it with me. He liked it so much he even ate the peas I added as a side. I mixed his in a bit with the pie. He normally detests all veg and usually spits it out but he ate the peas tonight with relish. I always know when he's really enjoyed a meal as he wipes his chops up and down the sofa - and he did just that. That's something George taught him to do :rolleyes: :wub_anim:

I'm orf to bed so will see everyone in the morning. G'night all :flowers:

Ha ha both of our Yorkies used to do that too.

Well we didn't receive any courtesy call to advise of of anything re the suite yesterday. Even a sorry for the mix up I'm afraid we can't get back to you until Tuesday would have helped. To rub our noses in it further a pop up came up at the top of my computer (or maybe it was good karma) to tell me said suite is now £110 cheaper from same supplier. Just phoned them order has gone through can't price match. I get that in normal terms but we've been messed around. Nope it's been despatched. No it hasn't I would like to cancel the order then. You can't it's been despatched. That's the whole issue it hasn't left at all. I can cancel the order for you. Yes please. Know what I'm going to do now don't you. Order at the new price. Don't know how long to leave it as the communication has to filter through to the couriers so don't want to be agreeing to take old order in if they happen to ring

Yantan, thank you for your very kind offer. When you win the lottery I will hold you to it.

Please do :flowers:

According to the front page of The Refuge it's a certain admin's birthday today so

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SNOW

Here's your cake and some sossidges for Nog

dragon_cake.png

Happy Birthday Snow

Jacobean, that is absolutely appalling service, i don't blame you for cancelling and reordering, they should have discounted it for you anyway given how much you have been mucked about.

my parents just called, they drove to cornwall from somerset yesterday and it took them 1 1/2 hours to go 20 miles.... apparently my dad was incredibly grumpy Lol, he has decided they are leaving very early for the return trip Lol, he'll be proper narked when he gets home.

Thank you for the birthday wishes - I reallllly love that cake shame I cant have any day 3 of the diet lol so far so good however buying a set of scales and stepping on them for the first time in probably 10 years was not such a nice pressie but at least now I can see if I am losing weight. Yesterday I ended up with almost 450 "spare" calories and I was also under by 100 the day before so if I do want to give myself a bit of a treat I can - but probably wont as if I dont stick to this right at the start I'll never blinking stick to it the longer I go. I'm also obviously rubbish at measuring myself as it was inch loss I was going to use as a guide but I seriously doubt I could have lost an inch of my waist in just 3 days so I must have measured wrong to start with lol

Happy birthday Snow

You can lose inches quickly at the start of a diet / change of eating plan as many of us store excess fluid and when we are eating better it goes. It's inches or lack of them that makes our clothes snug so well done you :)

Not sure what type of scales you have but I am now less worried about my weight and more about my body fat / muscle ratio. That's how I get weighed at the gym and Grandma squirrels scales do the same although you need a degree in advanced physics to work hers !

Taking about cake has anyone here ever developed a intolerance to white flour / cake and if so what types of symptoms did you get ?

I think I have a problem with white bread and white rice ( but not brown ) and sadly now Victoria sponge puddings

White rice bloats me , white bread and now cake gives me crippling pain in my lower left side that floors me and almost brings tears to my eyes within30-45 minutes

The white bread and rice I can live without ( much prefer brown ) but no cake , oh woe is me

Thanks for that Sam they are basic scales as I'd actually vowed never ever to allow a set into my house after seeing what dieting did to my mum and after she died I gave away her ever so expensive all singing all dancing measure every bloody thing set to my sister in law and threw out the other 2 that I found in the house! I wasn't going to weigh myself at all, but then figured that I probably should have something to give me some idea of how I was doing. One thing I have noticed well actually 2 things thinking about it lol but not sure if thats diet related or if its because I am actually taking my blood pressure pills but my feet are nowhere near as swollen as they have been constantly up to now - they are still puffy but my shoes are loose and I can feel my ankle bone and thats a BIG difference plus I am no longer breathless (pretty sure thats the pills).

I read the link you posted made a lot of sense and ties in with the site I am using which I am finding very helpful, have also read some stuff that makes a LOT of sense about exercise and the larger person and why even a small amount when you are carrying excess weight is the same as someone lighter doing longer and harder workouts.

I am not however dieting to get slim or even healthy just a bit healthier and my personal goal weight is what makes ME feel better and not what any of the diet or health sites say is my ideal weight - but its where I am happy and comfortable and hopefully helps my back stop hurting.