UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts All Talking

Jazz

Happy Birthday Jazz.

Thinking of you, Whizzie.

Haven't read back much as mega short of sleep. Spent last night with Mum in A&E as she has a water infection which has sent her a bit crazy. Waited 3 hrs to see doctor as it was very busy there. Not easy dealing with disturbed hyper person for 3 hrs after a very busy day. They sent her home having emailed her GP, but I had to get GP to call this lunchtime as after seeming normal when we left the hospital, she went off on one and ran off down the street and tried to get into a neighbour's house and frightened them. After I finally managed to get her to take the first tablet (after she refused to drink any water and spat it out over her clothes) she got a bit clearer. I am back home with Wispa but we are going back to spend night there to keep an eye. Her carers are being very helpful.

And to cap it all, I definitely have to move out during the coming week as friend and animals have nowhere to go, so we are going to be living in mum's garage until the log cabin is built. I know it's the only way to keep them safe and off the street until she can find somewhere to live, I know it's best for everyone if we move to mum's, but it's all so tiring!

Moan over. I am not a nice owl when I am overtired.

Suzeanna, I think you may have acquired a fan club :)

well done Suzeanna..... on being nice and kind and also noticing he was a hottie Lol

Owl, i do hope your mum is soon on the mend, water infections are bl**dy nasty things. i am sorry that you are having to move in a hurry, i hope things go as smoothly as they can for you

Moaning :tired:

I have an infestation of clothes moths in my front room which is so full of junk that I have no hope of finding them. They are creeping about behind the curtains at night which looks horrible from outside. I don't like killing anything but I have now officially declared chemical warfare and have ordered a smoke bomb and some spray to get rid.

Edited by merledogs

Owl that is a very nice thing to do for your friend. When I win the lottery I will treat you to something really nice (like a house)

Suzeanna that was a luffley thing to do for the hot workmen. And of course with the added bonus of getting to perv over admire their physiques some more :biggrin:

I did make BBQ sauce last night and had the wings :)

Griff did you make the potato wedges yourself coz if you did I would suggest dredging them in mild paprika before baking - lush!

Alex you could try serving the moffs with an eviction notice with a warning that non-compliance warrants an automatic death sentence. This usually salves my conscience in matters like this. If they chose to stay and make a stand that's up to them.

I hope your Suite has now been delivered Jacobean and glad you had a good run

Merledogs, let me know how you go on with the bomb thingy, we don't have loads but i still find them annoying Lol

Yantan, i didn't make the wedges myself... i bought sainsburys own for £1! don't think i will have them again though as i feel really ill this morning

i have cancelled my sunday lunch, so i will be home with the mutts instead

Well suite hasn't been delivered in the time frame they gave us so we phoned them. It was put on the van this morning and it was taken off the van this morning. They are unable to tell us when it's going to be here and we may get a call back on Tuesday to advise when they can drop it off. It won't be Tuesday. Wouldn't be a problem had they phoned us to let us know. However our old suite is sat on the drive in the rain as we thought we had best get it out of their way this morning. I have been advised by supplier company that they have plenty in stock. They can't even say the goods will be on the next van that's in our area. I hate shoddy service and lack of courtesy. Thankfully we do have another room with furniture to sit on but they don't know that

Hope you feel better in a bit Griff

OMG Jacobean that is absolutely terrible service! i do hope you will be getting either a large chunk of your dosh back or a decent warranty, could you imagine if you had no other furniture? would make for a very very long weekend.

Thanks i am sure i will be alright, i think i had the same thing last time i had the wedges, can't really understand it though as they are literally just potato and a bit of oil.... very odd. they are really good value really for somebody as lazy as me... £1 for 1kg

i am very glad i didn't have plans for doing anything outside today, it looks absolutely awful, i think it is going to absolutely tip it down

Michelle what rubbish service. Make a nuisance of yourself on the phone regarding just when you are going to receive your suite. The more you phone the more they will try to deliver it to get you off their backs.

Murtle are you about or have you got stuck in the traffic and people attending the festival?

It was raining here first thing but the sun is trying to get out now. The brighter the weather the less busy town becomes as people head for the lake and other activities outside of town.

I am about Yantan been out running today! One benefit of course is at least we get some decent music to listen to! And it has been raining on them....I'm sure they love it!

Have to venture into town later though!!

Michelle, glad you have other seats otherwise that would have been even worse.

Hope the sun comes out to play for you Yantan, doesn't look hopefull here!!

xxx

oh dear Jacobean, very helpful of her.

Murtle, enjoy the music, i hope town isn't too packed for you

Yantan, it did rain a bit here but seems to have brightened up a little bit, i'm not going anywhere so it doesn't matter too much if it rains but laney doesn't like to get his paws wet and i can do without having to wrestle 30kilo of dog to make him go to the loo Lol

Well done Michelle on doing the weeding. I've got one of those weeding tools which makes light work of it - I really ought to use it more often!

Archie has just come back from a lovely afternoon out with our regular DW and our stand in DW. The girls decided to pal up to walk their dogs today for company so Archie was in 7th heaven with his 2 favourite ladies and a gang of other dogs that he's friends with. They've had a lovely walk followed by swimming - or in Archie's case paddling.

I am happy because I have found a portion of fish pie in the freezer left over from the last time I made it. That's my tea sorted for tonight :)