UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts All Talking

Jazz

Happy Birthday Jazz :party:

Been to the hospital for a scan and blood test this morning - all seems to be going to plan. We're heading up to the in laws this evening after work - I'm trying to figure out if I'll have time to get the dogs out for a run before we go, as Logan was bouncing off the walls yesterday. I'd do it at lunch time but I need to go sort out my tyre which has a slow puncture.

Happy Birthday Alicia :flowers: :beerchug:

Ah that's better news about your car Alex :)

Whizzie don't know if you will see this but have a :GroupHug: Keep in touch!

Sophie hope you tyre is inexpensive to sort :flowers:

Uurggh it's a bank holiday weekend which means it will HEAVING here. I cain't stand it I tell ya, I cain't stand it. I can't even run for the hills coz the buggers are swarming all over them :rolleyes:

Happy birthday Jazz xx

Yantan, feel your pain we have the Reading festival here this weekend!!

Phew about your car Alex, hope yours is cheap too Sophie.

I am working from home today and am much more relaxed! Now for a boot up the bum to actually do some stuff today!

xx

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAZZ Sorry to hear about trudy, how clever of mouse to wake you up though!

Sophie glad to hear all seems to be going well

Yantan, it must be awful to live somewhere that gets swamped every bank holiday

Murtle, enjoy working from home

I have been to the vet, dex is o.k, stitches out next week and whilst i was there the practice manager stopped me and told me she had submitted a claim for around £750 for me.... now i knew i had spent a lot but i didn't realize that much , got to put a claim in for the 2 dogs aswell, i think out of that amount i will probably get about £300 back so i can give the money back to my mum as she has paid a couple of times for him.

i feel a lot better today, i haven't cried once today! i guess the tough old me is coming back.... not sure if that would be a good thing or a bad thing Lol

Evening. Finished work at 3.30pm and just round the corner came across a flipped up car on the pavement across the road with a load of smoke coming out of it. Hope the occupants are ok. Loads of rugby fans were surrounding it trying to help

Toddled into Tesco to get some bits for my dad

Dogs are quiet. Think I've stumbled in on their routine. Fickle gits

Griff glad you're having a better day, that pets are ok and bills being paid for by insurance company

Good to hear repair costs not bad Alex

Happy Birthday Jazz! Hope Trudy is ok now and you're day improved. Good Mouse for alerting you

Must be a nightmare living in a tourist location.

Yet another suite is belng delivered early in the morning so am spending tonight making space, cleaning and tidying

Happy Birthday Jazz!

Sophie, my daughter in law is having her embryo(s) implanted tomorrow morning. She's excited and scared..she had four unsuccessful goes of IVF before she had Aidan, and she's four years older now. I hope all goes brilliantly for you.

Yantan, I know just what you mean. We went for a drive last weekend in the Peak District (only fifteen minutes away), talk about a nightmare. Caravans, camper vans, tourists in car crawling along looking at the views..arghh! The roads without white lines really fox them, they seem to think they have to drive down the ruddy middle. :mad:

Don't think my son in law's dad is going to make it alive out of that hospital, he's had two more falls, poor old bloke. All because he's so stubbornly independent and if no one answers his bell after..oh, fifteen to twenty minutes? ..he tries to go to the loo by himself. Tut tut, doesn't he realise they have paper work to do, and natters round the coffee machine are much more important than his bursting bladder?

Jacobean, could you come and do my tidying up too please?????????

Suzeanna, i wish your DIL good luck for tomorrow, must be very exciting but also utterly terrifying. i am sorry to hear that your SIL dad is still having problems, it isn't right at all that a buzzer goes unanswered for long periods, i do hope your SIL decides to put in a complaint when his dad gets home

Goodness Gooster, that has flown by! we will soon be counting down the days to your next trip

Jazz, i am glad to hear Trudy is doing o.k, i hope you have a lovely meal as well.... and that you find some bargains in asda as a special birthday treat Lol

Happy Birthday Jazz :cheer: , enjoy your meal

whats everyone up to this weekend ? I am having a Bollywood evening tomorrow with friends ( Curry and a film ) as I missing my normal grub and entertainment

our return date to Sri Lanka is not confirmed as we still have various Dogstar meetings to arrange including visiting the High Commission in London ( love that building ) Tomorrow morning Mark has to call our contact at the Ministry of Defence in Sri Lanka.

I want to book my flights soon or I will be asking Amy to freshen my room up , get the milk in and arrange my driver to collect me !!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

sounds very posh going to the high commission, i also hope you are feeling a bit happier in yourself now?

this weekend i am doing nothing , well i may go out for lunch/dinner sunday but not sure if that will materialize yet. i will also have to have a big tidy up if i can ever find the motivation (which is highly unlikely Lol). Alady told me she heard the weather was going to be bad all weekend and then the local weather has said it is going to be o.k...... i hope it doesn't chuck it down too much

Oooh Suzeanna I believe the Peak District is even busier than the Lake District so I don't envy you any drive you have to make through it. I know JUST what you mean about people not being able to keep over when there are no white lines. I keep right over to the left and it's just as well really as I would be meeting some idiots head to head if I didn't. My friend used to be a policeman and he told me a lack of white lines causes lots of problems with very few drivers being able to keep over.

Sam that sounds like a great night tomorrow - enjoy!

Michelle, goodness woman - I hope you are going to find some time to put your feet up tonight!

I am debating whether or not to make some BBQ sauce and wack it onto some chicken wings and then cook them for my supper. I'm terrible at making proper meals for myself when I am on my tod.

sounds very posh going to the high commission, i also hope you are feeling a bit happier in yourself now?

The High Commission is very posh at the front but round the back ( downstairs ) where we go its a 1970's style office with anaglypta wallpaper and ruffled curtains which makes me giggle ,

I am a lot better now thanks , lots of very hard stuff going on for me but I am back in touch with my inner squirrel and trying to find a bright spot in every day :biggrin:

• Like 1

Lol, that has made me giggle HLGS. i am glad you are trying to find the bright spots.... i hope there are plenty for you to find

Yantan...... make the bbq sauce and cook your chicken wings, i lived dangerously and had............ potato wedges, just potato wedges, no salt pepper vinegar, sauce nothing.... i am a freak

with regards the white lines, i totally agree with you, people don't seem to understand that just because they aren't there doesn't mean you get the whole road, we go to my nans grave and it is all windy country lanes and the number of people driving up the middle is mad, we followed one girl and we stayed as far back as we could, we thought she was drunk but we realized everytime the road markings disappeared she went all over the road

I forgot to say..I did my good deed for the day (make that the month) earlier. I'd been into Chesterfield shopping and when I came back and got off the bus, there was a lorry over the road and three guys unloading scaffolding poles and planks. One smiled, said hello and wasn't it hot? Poor guy was running sweat, togged up in a hi viz jacket, hard hat etc. He was rather hunky...which I still notice despite my advancing years. :D I felt sorry for them, went in and rummaged in the freezer and took them an ice lolly each. You'd have thought I'd taken them manna from heaven, they were so pleased.

• Like 3