UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts All Talking

Jazz

Had my xray was told to ring the surgery to book appointment with GP for a weeks time - just rang and got told the earliest appointment available is 3 weeks from now! I'll have to do the same as I did today get to the surgery for 7:30am queue up outside until they open at 8am (there were 7 in front of me this morning when I got there at 7:30) first appointment is 8:30 ... this morning I was 3rd in to see my Dr at about 8:50 but by 8:30 every seat in the waiting room was full and people were being given a time later in the morning and told to come back!

I had an 11 am appointment for my xray yet had to sit and wait on the most uncomfortable chairs I've ever sat in for over 90 mins before I was seen.

Just popped in to say best wishes to everyone.

We lost father in law to cancer a few weeks ago - such a horrible ending that whenever I have to have a pet put to sleep in future I think amidst the pain and sadness, I will really feel some gratitude that I can end their suffering. FIL was like something from Belsen and hadn't been able to absorb food properly for several weeks. Mesothelioma is weakening my Dad all the time which is really not nice to witness, or of course for him to experience.

This is a lovely friendly and hugely supportive forum and I really don't want to knock it and seem negative but it is just not the place for me right now. I think that's because this thread is so often about illness and problems and while it is amazing how everyone helps each other I just need to escape as many problems as I can at the moment in order to get by. I hope you can understand that and I wish you all as much happiness, success and freedom from illness as possible.

Liz :flowers:

• Like 1

Fab news Yantan 😍 she loves Archie! What a gem to find!

Sophie hope your meeting went well.

Whizzie, so sorry to hear about your loss. take time, heal, recuperate we'll still be here when you want to return xxx

Snow, good luck with the doctors!

And I've forgotten what else I was going to say....oops xxx

Struggling to find a rented property that will take the three puss cats so that we can get our flat fixed :-( looks like they will be off to stay at my mums for upto 6 months. I thought the time we were on holiday would be bad enough, but this will be hard. I hate being away from them, and I cried when I told the property searcher that I would do that!

Aim in life is to be able to afford a property I can rent out to people with pets!

Meeting is done. It wasn't too bad, but didn't accomplish much.

Snow - good luck getting seen without too much hassle. Our GPs run open clinics like that, but you have to phone first to be on the list - I think to avoid having too many people show up.

Murtle - I hope you can find somewhere that will take the cats. Are you looking in Reading? If so, I'll keep my ears open just in case.

Glad meeting was ok Sophie, document discussions / decisions made in it - just in case!

Yes am looking in Reading, the only property they have offered us has been on the road opposite the mosque on the Oxford road!! Declined due to the fact it is so incredible busy there and I think the cats would last minutes before being flattened :-( they've never lived near a main road.

xz

Loobie, that is lovely to hear

Whizzie, so sorry for your loss and i agree it is awful watching the ones we love suffer

Murtle, i do hope you can find somewhere a bit quieter and that will take the cats... bit mad but have you looked on the rental property bit on your local gumtree?

Yantan, i am so pleased for Archie that his dog walker will still walk him.... i thought she would want to as he gets on so well with her dog

Snow, i hope you can get in to see the GP soon and nothing serious is found, i don't know if it will help but if you tell ours that the hospital told you to call they try to find you an appointment

had my hair cut, got off the bus and was just going across the crossing when i ran into one of the fellas i know who drives the buses, an hour later i eventually get on my way Lol, i am a bit sad as he is going to learn new routes next week which means he won't be on our route but i have been invited to join him and his sister for dinner on sunday... i thought that was lovely of him, he knows things are a bit rough for me at the moment and has said if i get drunk they will hold me up Lol

• Like 1

Yeah I told them that Griff thats why she suggested I do the same as today get there crack of dawn and wait, she did check to make sure the Dr I saw today would be there so thats good.

Not sure if I should say this or not but hey ho - as of tomorrow I am on a crash diet have just done my weekly tesco shop and bloody hell do they rip people off with these diet foods!! Yes I am being incredibly lazy and buying ready made and calorie counted foods and meal replacement drinks but as I'm only doing it for 6 weeks for now its easier for me not to have to do too much calorie counting other than adding up whats on the packets etc. Although I have signed up to myfitnesspal which has a daily diary thingy and which has allowed me to swap some stuff by simply putting in what food I was going to eat and telling me how many calories that is - so for lunch next week I can have things like beans on toast, poached egg on toast, tomatoes on toast etc. it however wants me to eat 1400 calories a day whereas I'm aiming for 1000 but at least I know I have 400 a day to play with if I'm struggling. I also spoke to Dr about exercise - he cautioned me about that as a) I dont want to make my back worse and b) I owned up to not having been taking my blood pressure pills for almost a year now -yeah yeh I know but I bloody hate taking pills! and originally my BP was high normal so I figured it would be fine however its no longer high normal just high :confused: so again I need to take care until its under control again. So I am going back on the walker but decreasing the time I had pushed myself to before I quit and being guided by my back and pulse lol

Aw that's lovely Griff but then you are kind to others so it's only right

Loobie I'm over the moon for you. Yes indeed a relationship with someone should be wonderful and long may it continue for you.

Murtle hope you find somewhere you can all be together

Pleased Archie's routine can continue Marion

Snow hope you manage to get an appointment next week.

Liz really sorry to hear the sad news. Hope your dad can be kept comfortable.

Looking forward to actually having 2 days at home this weekend. Might manage to get house in order

Morning everyone :)

Gosh this is so strange but I am feeling the best and happiest that I have for years. I have found a wonderful man who is brill, the boys like him and so do the dogs. I know it is early days as it has only been a few months but at the moment it is going so well. I am feeling valued and appreciated. I have done more and been spoken to and asked my opinion more in these few months than the whole of my marriage/relationship with my ex. I think this is what a real relationship is supposed to be like :-D

I am so so so so so pleased for you , you so deserve to be valued and loved :)

Just popped in to say best wishes to everyone.

We lost father in law to cancer a few weeks ago - such a horrible ending that whenever I have to have a pet put to sleep in future I think amidst the pain and sadness, I will really feel some gratitude that I can end their suffering. FIL was like something from Belsen and hadn't been able to absorb food properly for several weeks. Mesothelioma is weakening my Dad all the time which is really not nice to witness, or of course for him to experience.

This is a lovely friendly and hugely supportive forum and I really don't want to knock it and seem negative but it is just not the place for me right now. I think that's because this thread is so often about illness and problems and while it is amazing how everyone helps each other I just need to escape as many problems as I can at the moment in order to get by. I hope you can understand that and I wish you all as much happiness, success and freedom from illness as possible.

Liz :flowers:

I totally understand and I am most sorry to read of your recent loss and your fathers illness

snow this might be helpful in working out the amount of calories you need to consume ,

You use energy no matter what you're doing, even when sleeping. The BMR Calculator will calculate your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR); the number of calories you'd burn if you stayed in bed all day.

If you've noticed that every year, it becomes harder to eat whatever you want and stay slim, you've also learnt that your BMR decreases as you age. Likewise, depriving yourself of food in hopes of losing weight also decreases your BMR, a foil to your intentions. However, a regular routine of cardiovascular exercise can increase your BMR, improving your health and fitness when your body's ability to burn energy gradually slows down.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/