UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts All Talking

Jazz

Oh Griff, I really feel for you, there's nothing worse than problem piled on problem. I'm keeping everything crossed that's it an infection and nothing worse..when I had a urine infection recently they gave me a very short dose of ab's and they fixed it. Do you think your tears might be a combination of worry and annoyance over being misled regarding you know who? Write them off as no account idiots, and try not to worry (says me, who worries myself silly every time I get bad headaches!)

My daughter's pa in law is in his 80's and lost his wife back in January, he went into a residential place where they have care if needed. On Friday they noticed he was very swollen and ulcerated "down below", so he was admitted to hospital on Saturday morning. Of course, being the weekend, no consultants, no blood tests. Sunday evening his other son went to visit him and found him sporting a bandaged head and arm! He'd needed the loo, rang and rang the bell..no one. He tried to get up on his own, very doddery and uncertain on his feet, and fell and cracked his head. He did see the time, and he lay there for half a ruddy hour before anyone came. I'd be livid if he was my relative, but are either of his sons complaining? No..they don't want to make a fuss! :mad1:

Sorry you had a crap day yesterday Alex :GroupHug: Fingers crossed that the repair costs aren't too high.

Griff I am sending positive thoughts for you :GroupHug:

How are you getting so far back so quickly Snow? Have you found that Rob's family ties in with someone else's already researched tree? I've been researching my family history for 20 years and it took me 10 of those to get back to the late 1500's when parish records started - of course this was before the internet and Ancestry.com really got going but even using those today I am still coming up against brick walls :banghead:

Alex, that sounds like a crappy day :GroupHug: I hope today is going better.

Griff :GroupHug:

Suzeanna, that's terrible :mad:

Glad you're feeling better today amy :flowers:

I'm currently feeling rather :unsure: :crying_anim02: . I've been asked to attend a meeting with HR tomorrow to discuss sickness absences :( I've been having a bad time with migraines recently so missed a bit of work. It's an informal meeting, I think just to discuss and see if there is anything that can be done to help, but I still feel rubbish about it. I'm in the middle of IVF treatment so am all hormonal (which is also why the migraines have been worse), but I don't really want to have to tell anyone from HR about it, although I guess I may have to. I'm terrible at this sort of meeting, and knowing how I'm feeling at the moment I'm sure I'm going to end up crying. Argh!

Sophie..don't panic. Years back my OH had regular bad migraines and was summoned to HR at work, they were very helpful and suggested he find a migraine clinic which he did, in London, and they were good about giving him time off to attend it. My daughter in law is just about to have IVF, she went today to have her eggs collected (makes her sound like a chicken!). I wish both you and her the very best of luck, if the HR people are female I'm sure they will understand if you end up in tears, unless they've never suffered from PMS.

Sophie, do you have somebody at work who you trust and would go with you? sometimes it helps just to have somebody there even if they say nothing. as for the IVF treatment could you say that your are undergoing a cycle of treatment and leave it at that?

Suzeanna, i am sorry to read of your daughters FIL's treatment or lack thereof, it is really surprising how people don't want to make a complaint...my dad and aunty being one, i went bananas at them both, yes accidents happen and things get over looked but the only way things can be improved is for it to be brought to somebody seniors attention.

Suzeanna, i guess the tears are predominantly over him but it is so out of character for me, people always comment on how i always keep smiling regardless of what life throws at me... my friend jools was awake at 4.40am worrying over the state i was in yesterday when she saw me and again when she saw me this morning, i just need to man up, at least i won't see him again so that's something.

i am off to get some more cranberry juice, i have found if i dilute it i can tolerate it

Griff you've been going through an awful lot lately. It could be the stress of the whole lot coming out and the latest was the last straw. Hope it's an infection and things improve for you very soon. It was very good of you to help the man with the cat Hope the palmist comes with a very good reputation. Like anything else in life there are gooduns and badduns

Disgraceful what happened to the old chap in the hospital but sadly not surprised. If you can't speak up for yourself (and many can't) you can be left for ages without basic needs and no-one keeps an eye on how much is being eaten and drunk by patients so dehydration and wobbliness don't take long to kick in for a lot of folk, never mind if they're doddery to start with.

Snow you've got back in time very quickly. I would love to have my family tree done but haven't the patience to look it up myself.

Best of luck to your DW Marion but hope she can still help out with the Archibald.

Alex what an awful day.

Hopefully HR will be sympathetic and come up with some ideas. I know some companies come up with a plan of how many hours could be worked to get an employee fitting gently back into working life but with migraines it doesn't work like that. Hoping for all the very best with the IVF. It's something I couldn't have so will be rooting for you.

Edited by Jacobean

morning all

Im sorry some are having a bad time.

do you think its bladder stones causing the blood?

I had loads planned today but its pouring down so think they will all be cancelled.bugger

you lot will know. have the baby birds gone yet? there is a nest in the gutter whichi s blocking it,so thought I had a leak at 7am but it was the water dripping outside. the landlord did say they wouldnt remove it till the babies have gone

Edited by Jazz

Morning.

Thanks guys. I'm feeling a bit less wibbly today. Our fridge in the garage (used for beer and dog food) broke last weekend. On Monday the washing machine broke. And yesterday the main fridge in the kitchen stopped working. They're all too old to be worth repairing, so I'm going to be distracting myself with fridge and washing machine shopping (and OH is going to have to make do with warm beer for a while, as we're not buying 2 new fridges). I also need to pay my car tax and sort out a tyre repair/new tyre as one of them has a nail in it.

Suzeanna, I hope the IVF works for your daughter in law.

Jazz, my guess would be that the babies have moved on by now, but thats just a guess.

Sophie, good luck for today!

Merledogs, hope they get to look at your car soon and it is cheap

Jazz, could you ask the rspb? i know birds sometimes have more than one lot of babies a year

i am not sure what is causing the problem, i was very naughty and i had a pint of lager last night! i thought it doesn't matter what i do so s*d it Lol!

Sophie look at appliances online - now called ao.com I got my fridge freezer from them much cheaper than anywhere else, plus I ordered it 6pm on a Friday and they delivered it 8am Saturday (the next day!) Similar story with my son buying a washing machine delivered next day. Plus they gave me a free steam cleaner last week lol however I was recommending them to people wayyyyyy before they did that lol

Have been to see about my back - he hasn't prescribed anything other than take ibuprofen & cocodamol as I need it but I am having an xray later this morning just to see if theres anything going on. He thinks this is highly likely to be related to the fall I had 9 months ago.

Morning everyone :)

Gosh this is so strange but I am feeling the best and happiest that I have for years. I have found a wonderful man who is brill, the boys like him and so do the dogs. I know it is early days as it has only been a few months but at the moment it is going so well. I am feeling valued and appreciated. I have done more and been spoken to and asked my opinion more in these few months than the whole of my marriage/relationship with my ex. I think this is what a real relationship is supposed to be like :-D

• Like 5

So pleased things are looking up for you Loobie..I hope the people/cars/pets who aren't doing so well at present soon improve!

My son in law phoned the hospital his dad is in yesterday to ask how he was and why they are giving him a scan, only to be informed "we can't tell you, you could be anyone. We can only tell you face to face." His dad is in Ormskirk, he's in Chesterfield..he can't just drop in. Who the heck would give a darn about his dad's condition apart from his son, anyway? Paul's brother went to visit his dad last night (he only lives a short drive away) and found he'd been moved to a respiratory ward. No one on the ward knew why, as his notes hadn't gone with him. He's having a chest xray apparently, although there's never been anything wrong with his chest. There's another guy on the ward with the same quite unusual surname, I just hope they haven't mixed them up. What a shambles. :mad:

That's nice Loobie :)

Suzeanna our hospitals here ask the patients the names of family and friends who will be telephoning to enquire about them. If you are not on the list they won't tell you owt. They also ask that when possible only one or two people phone and pass the info on to friends and family so that they are not constantly answering the phone and repeating the same info time and time again. Seems a sensible way of doing things. It's a pity the Ormskirk hospital didn't follow suite.

Just had a chat with our DW regarding her opening the health food shop. Her partner is off work on a Monday and Tuesday and will walk Archie then. Wednesday could be a bit hitty missy with her having to come early before she opens the shop. If she is running late then Archie would have to be missed but I can live with that as I can at least take him to the park for a bit of ball throwing and whilst the nights are still light Ruby could take him in the evening. DW is going to close the shop all day Thursday so she can come for Archie then no problem. Friday, Sat and Sun Ruby walks him anyway unless she is away and as DW's mum should be around most weekends to help out (she is a partner in the business but intends to keep her teaching job on for now) it's likely that DW can take Archie. DW says she doesn't want to give up walking Archie as she loves him so much and in any event she has to walk her own dog so she would be dog walking anyway.

• Like 1