UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts All Talking

Jazz

Morning.

I have been chasing cars up. The local Fiat garage, which has a really excellent reputation, has an '06 Punto coming in as a part exchange in September that is in my price range. I have driven a couple as my aunt and brother both have had one at various times. They are going to keep an eye out for others for me as they do take a wide range in as part-ex but if I go with a Fiat the chances are they sold it and serviced it so know what's up to date, what might need attention etc..

Has Owl's pod arrived yet?

Morning.

I have been chasing cars up. The local Fiat garage, which has a really excellent reputation, has an '06 Punto coming in as a part exchange in September that is in my price range. I have driven a couple as my aunt and brother both have had one at various times. They are going to keep an eye out for others for me as they do take a wide range in as part-ex but if I go with a Fiat the chances are they sold it and serviced it so know what's up to date, what might need attention etc..

Has Owl's pod arrived yet?

I've not posted on here for a while, but just feel I need to reply to this. Please be very careful about buying a Punto. I've got a Punto, I bought it new in 2003. I only found out recently that they are well known for electrical problems. More specifically the power steering electronic gismo. I was going to have the power steering stuff replaced (at great expense), then I found my car having other little electrical quirks such as unlocking itself, the clock & other dials zeroing themselves. I've learned to live with it & my car has, this morning, passed it's MOT, but I wouldn't buy another Punto now, knowing that they are prone to these problems.

Loobie, i wish you all the luck in finding your training, i am sure it will be very rewarding, my friends mum was an assistant for deaf children and she loved the job.

Merledogs, safe trip and a shocking time to have to leave home!

Yantan, if you are going to buy from your fiat garage, see what warranty they offer.... they may let you have the car and a 6 month warranty (check what it covers) and they will probably offer ones that you can buy... if not there are loads online (again just check what they cover)

Jazz, hope the shed man comes and i hope the plasterer pulls his finger out.

Sophie i am intrigued about what could be happening on monday

nothing to report from here except i am grumpier than a very grumpy thing

Good luck with that Loobie. My sister was a teaching assistant for a couple of years between uni and training as a teacher, and worked with disabled kids. She really enjoyed it.

I've not had my palm read, but did have a runes reading (or something like that) - it was interesting. Definitely everything made sense, but was vague enough that they could have maybe made anything sound reasonable.

Not had my palm read, but I did have a Tarot reading whilst I was still with my first husband...it was absolutely spot on, considering she'd never met me before she came out with things that only my best friend knew. My granny read tealeaves and so did her sister and they were both very good usually..until the time that she asked her sister to read her leaves, apparently she turned pale and said she couldn't see anything. Granny insisted she say what she'd seen, and reluctantly she told her that she was going to have a baby girl (they were both expecting at the time) but that the baby would die, and she would follow it. To say it was a shock would be an understatement, but sadly it was right..and wrong. It was her sister who had the baby girl and she and the baby both died, so she told her own fate, not Grans.