UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jumble was a bit wobbly yesterday and had diarrhoea, later on he had had another episode but was quite cheerful. This morning he was very wobbly and struggled to get up. Whizzed him into the vet and it was decided to treat the diarrhoea first then look at his wobble. By the time I got him home he had totally lost the ability to stand and was becoming very distressed. I had to carry him to the car and dash back to the vets. I had to make the awful decision to let him go, treatment was not really an option, steroids may have helped a bit but the DM would have continued to advance and the outcome would have been the same at some point.

I could not have put my beautiful, bouncy, noisy stresshead through struggling to do the normal batty Jumble stuff. The look in his eyes when he knew he could not get up was heartbreaking, I knew I had to let him go.

I can't believe this has happened so quickly, I'm in total shock! Goodbye my lovely boy, run like the wind over the Bridge, Cecil is waiting to show you round.

I'm so sorry to read of your loss. It's amazing just how quickly this can happen, DM is a dreadful condition to watch as there's nothing you can do to stop its ultimate advance, you can only delay.

From your past posts I think you did all you could to help Jumble & I'm sure he knew he was loved, right to the end.

RIP Jumble

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to all for your kind words, it helped a lot at a very sad time. The large space that Jumble occupied is hard to deal with, and I'm missing his craziness so much, I don't know what to do with my hands when I take Jack for a walk! I do feel that Jumble walks with us every day and will do for a while yet.

Jack is doing alright but is a little sad and puzzled, when we meet dogs they both knew he goes crazy and doesn't want to leave them. I may look for a little friend for him at some point but not for a while yet.

Here's a picture of my lovely Jumble.

2012-08-09092934.jpg