UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Axa Stopping Pet Insurance

vonny

One person who phoned them was told that they will continue to cover existing policy holders as long as they want the cover.

However, it most likely will be with another underwriter so we will be at the mercy of their terms and conditions.- think increases in premium I expect, like happened with M & S.

Axa seemed safe as they were their own underwriters.

Who can we trust now not to stop providing cover in the future?

Statement from Axa

Axa has announced it is no longer taking on new pet insurance customers. We have now received the following statement from Axa:

“After a strategic review of our business lines, we have decided to no longer offer pet insurance through AXA Direct and swiftcover.com, and focus on our core product lines of Home, Motor and Travel insurance. AXA will continue to provide cover for existing customers until a new insurer is secured. At the time of the switch over, existing customers will have their policies transferred to the new insurer who will continue to provide them with the same or similar levels of pet insurance cover. Customers will be contacted with more details before their policies are transferred.”

Our insurance doctor Neil Flint, from VIP, is working on getting the correct advice together and we will get this to those affected as soon as possible. Please do keep an eye on our page over the next few days.

Thanks for the infor vonny.

Kia's with Axa, but as she has no existing claims or conditions, I think I'll probably switch her to somewhere else.

Morse is also with Axa - again no existing claims or conditions, but at very nearly 13 its going to be harder to find someone else to take him on :(