UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jabbers

merledogs

Hot!

Yo everyone, been dismantling a greenhouse and packing it all into friend's Kangoo to go to her place. First stage of log cabin project, clearing the ground.

This morning Wispa and her friend Dingo stole the birthday present I had for Dingo's mum Becky. It was a box of Yankee Candle tea lights. They ate the box and distributed the tea lights all over the field and orchard. They did have the grace to look ashamed, and they did help me find them. All 12 have been recovered from various tussocks of long grass, I found the final one just now. Some have teeth marks, but Becky says she doesn't mind having her present personalised :) Neither dog would dream of doing something like that alone, but together they are like a couple of norty puppies.

• Like 2

I am laughing so hard at Wispa and Dingo :laugh: :laugh: George was the epitome of evil when he got with his friend Rosie. Separately they were angels. Rosie's mum and I left them at my house to go and get some shopping. When we got back they had eaten the contents of a Christmas hamper I'd bought for other friends. How neither of them were ill afterwards I'll never know. Then there was the time when they made a brutal attack on a multi-coloured feather duster and not only killed it but ate the evidence. They were pooping rainbow feathers for a week or more afterwards. I'm kinda glad that Wispa and Dingo are carrying on in the spirit of devil dogs :wub_anim: :wub_anim:

• Like 1

Hi Lesley and sam :wavey:

Moaning :tired: Been awake since 4am for the second day in a row :tired: Thankfully working at home today so don't have to be half asleep in the office.

RMF : Neighbours have started the shenanigans with Kinky again, ie feeding her and keeping her in the house for hours, to the point that I was having trouble getting her in the house at night. She's now restricted to the house again, with supervised visits to the garden. Every time I let her out she goes to the spot where she jumps up on the fence from one of the planters. I have fastened trellis to the top of it so she can't get up but there are other places down that side where she could get over if she thought about it, so I may have to attach trellis all the way down that side.

Why don't those neighbours get a cat of their own if they want one so badly? :err: There are thousands of cats looking for homes. I'd be cross too Alex if someone was doing the same to me and one of my cats (not that I have any now)

I forgot to say that I met a neighbour yesterday walking her visting friends' dogs. One of them is 19 and the day before she had had them down at the lake so they could keep cool in the water. The 19 year old had swum out to one of the islands and then just stood and looked at her from the shore. Try as she might she couldn't get him to come back and ended up asking the boatmen who run the launches and rowboats to go over and rescue him. They did so and then he ran right back into the lake and swam back to the island! This time when the boatmen went back for him they gave him a longer ride in the boat and he was quite happy after that. There sure is life in the old dog yet!

• Like 4

Oh joy...they are working on the house directly connected to ours now, drilling holes to put things in so they can put cladding on. It's vibrating right through the house, I can't even hear the radio. The other side are still knocking bricks out, so it's either sledge hammers or drills, just what I need.

I'm ok Griff thanks for asking...well, I am now, I've been rather down since OH went back to work after two weeks off, you just get used to having company during the day and then it's back to being on your own and it depressed me. The heat seems to be affecting my breathing too, I'm out of breath just going upstairs..but that could be down to age! :D Hope you are ok and your meds are keeping your health balanced?

Hope the op went ok for Jazz, and everyone is managing to keep themselves and pets cool. My two aren't happy at all, Dylan especially, being black he feels it more than Rosie seems to.

Owl, I seem to remember mixing something else with the bleach, but can't remember what now..maybe vinegar? Anyway, it got rid of the mould. I had to laugh about the tealights...sort of thing Rosie would do if she thought they smelled edible!