UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Big Bro 2013

merledogs

Thanks, will have a look at that. First one that leapt out was the warning given to Jemima. I thought it was out of order & PC nonsense myself. She was expressing an opinion as to her personal preferences / type (no different to saying she liked blonde or dark haired men for example) not a racist attitude, I thought she should have told them to stick their warning on principle, and, if necessary their place in the house rather than accept a warning.

• Like 1

I've just watched last night's round up. I really don't like that Sallie.

Either Dan is super astute - which he might be if he really used to be a police detective - or he's part of the secret and lies theme. I am thinking that both Gina and Dan might be in on it. I didn't know what to make of the boxer and his tears either. Or maybe I am just far too suspicious this series!

I cannot warm to Wolfy and am actually starting to dislike her. All this "I am one with the earth" lark and acting like she knows all the secrets of the universe - she's only 20 FFS.

I love the Michael twist in general as it messes with their minds and it's certainly mixed it all up really early in the series. Hee hee.

With all those damn doors around the place though I keep thinking I've tuned into a DIY channel transmitting from a branch of B&Q.

• Like 1

:competitive: I wondered what he was crying about when he appeared but listening to him later it sounds to me like he perhaps has problems in his life that we haven't yet heard of. Similarly Dexter started to reveal his, I suspect Sallie may be the next one.

I had to smile at Woolfy getting excited about the massage from Hazel......... I couldn't imagine her going for Woolfy....... even if she were a lesbian, which she isn't.

I believe Dan genuinely was a copper as there were stories in the various press of Scotland Yard writing to C5 & their reply (re his work on Operation Yewtree & making sure nothing was broadcast which may compromise a live investigation) EG

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2013-06-13/police-warn-big-brother-over-ex-operation-yewtree-police-officer-contestant/

Wasn't expecting Dexter to be saved, but it looks like he may have shown his true colours / shot himself in the foot after last nights show. I can see why Sallie v Gina might make an interesting battle but still think Gina will go on Friday though

Is Sallies turn on Dexter a totally genuine dislike of devious behaviour or is it more about manipulating the vote through making for potentially interesting viewing next week do you think? (seems it maybe the latter to me as I could imagine Sallie being more manipulative than she makes out somehow.

Interesting comment from Pam Spurr - though I'm not usually keen on her - on BBOTS about the shoulder movement Sallie often does being a "cute" / manipulative gesture too

I'm not convinced that she is - either one - myself, I think there's a lot of front there, probably hiding someone who has in some way been badly hurt at some stage and is in reality far more vulnerable than she would like to appear. Have you noticed how quickly she turns to / against people - solely according to their attitude / warmth to her?

Interesting therefore to hear her friend on BBOTS suggest that she does indeed have a far softer & nicer side underneath. I think she'd probably gain more from the BB process than Gina will somehow & so I hope she stays.

Dan & Sallie will no doubt both crow when Michaels role is revealed tonight. Loved the BBOTS audience members suggestion of bringinging Dan to diary room, telling him about Michael & asking if he wants to be next weeks puppet. If they don't do something next week could be rather tame if both Michael and Sallie go. I Don't think Gina has anything much new / further to offer personally & yet they have been the three biggest characters / viewing time so far I would think

Edited by Ian

I think Sallie is a desperate wannabe and will go to any lengths to achieve some sort of fame. Have you seen the videos of her performing as a cabaret singer, her X-Factor performance and as a member of raunchy dance group?

I don't care for her but I think her presence in the house stirs things up, much more than Gina, so for that reason I want Sallie to stay.

I haven't seen any of those no (except probably X Factor, which I don't remember), although they said she was a "glamour model" & it appeared she may be fairly well known I've never heard of her. I felt a bit sorry for her last night but even more so for poor Woolfy.

Fair enough asking for the funniest, sexiest, perhaps even the most selfish housemates - just a bit of fun - but BB should not be about publicly humiliating a contestant by branding them least attractive & most unhygienic. Eccentric perhaps but she hasn't even done anything to warrant the last one has she?

Despite his claims to the contrary & the suggestion he's a nice guy Michael appears to have a real ego & seemed to enjoy "succeeding" with some of the more cruel aspects (eg re Woolfy & Dexter both being reduced to tears) a little too much for my liking. As was asked on BBOTS does it make it better or worse for them to then go on & tell housemates it was the public rather than Michael deciding (unsurprisingly it appeared to be worse for Woolfy, arguably the most shameful thing ever to happen on BB in my eyes, though others at least did seem to cheer & lift her again afterwards)

It's been an interesting first week to watch but with no Michael, Sallie, spats with her & Gina etc I wonder whether this next week will be a bit of a come down?

I also wondered who on earth is advising Emma on her styling, I thought she looked great on last Thursdays launch night, but not so much Fri & I liked last nights even less.

Edited by Ian

I don't watch big brother...but that sounds like an element of zimbado's prison experiment in a modern day form. In that they were amazed at how sadistic some of the prison officers became as some people can just go to that extreme!

Can't believe Gina has got away with it again. I would have said Dexter would go earlier but don't think Jemmima has done herself any favours in the last couple of days in particular, it could be a close run thing now.

Jemima is her own worst enemy. I kinda feel sorry for her in a way. I am warming to Gina :ohno02: However I am finding them all a pretty bland bunch and for the first time in a long time I have no favourite, no one I despise (unlike Conor from last years show) and there's no one with the potential winner vibe emanating from them. In fact if things don't buck up soon I can see myself not bothering to watch any more.

I'm so bored with this series that I'm finding myself either falling asleep halfway through or turning over to watch something else :mellow:

Did catch most of it last night though - can't decide who's worse, Dan and Wolfy. I'd like to take a mallet to both of them. Like the daughter (whatever she's called) but can't stand her mother.