UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Jawings

merledogs

Thinking of Lily :GroupHug:

Hope the hand isn't too sore Whizzie, and that the antibiotics do their job :flowers:

Good luck Jazz, fingers crossed the exchange goes through ok :flowers:

I've had a lovely weekend at agility - competing on Saturday and judging on Sunday. I did a couple of runs with Kia and she was really good - stayed in the ring. One run was excellent, the other she was a bit sniffy as there was a facinating hedge bordering the ring, but she did come back to me and finish the run so I was really pleased with her :D The less said about Logan's runs the better - I have a new hole in my jumper, a new (small) hole in my arm, and massive bruise on my arm as well. I thought he'd gotten over his biting when over excited, but looks like I need to go back and work on it again.

I got bored so thought I'd try out the masonry paint I bought for the concrete garage, which is a murky grey/brown colour. I now realise I should've bought more than one tub of paint because you have to use to much paint to get in all the uneven bits that I'll probably run out halfway across that wall :rolleyes: Hope I can find some elsewhere or else a good colour match at least.

It'll look so much better once it's done :

DSC_0003_zpse34b1ee7.jpg

Your wall will look so much brighter Alex once it is done. I realised doing fences & furniture at WagTails House jus how much woodstain you need especially with some wood that soaked it up like a sponge!

Lily the spaniel does have a broken pelvis and as the owners can't afford surgery they will be hoping it heals naturally with crate rest. My hand got worse but having started antibiotics it is a lot better this morning & the red & hot patches on peripheral wounds not under the dressing has subsided.

Glad your hand is healing :GroupHug: Hope crate rest does the same for Lily :flowers:

Your wall will look so much better in that colour Alex :)

Glad you had a good weekend Sophie :)

Beautiful day here today, got my evil abs class in 45 mins, then my riding lesson on Blue at 11. Need to walk the dogs, then have an appt with my GP to discuss my skin at 3, then I have Fitball and cycle blast later on. Am hoping for a good news update on Ted at some point today as well :)

Whizzie, my son had his pelvis broken in four places years back when he used to be a motor bike racer, a few of them came down and as he went to stand up, another rider went straight into him. He had a broken arm and shoulder too, and the arm was in a cast, but the rest of him was left to heal naturally. He was racing again three months later, much to my dismay....I hope little Lily heals as well as he did. When our first dobe broke both her back legs at 4 months old (long story!), the vets had to remove some bone from one and said she'd limp for the rest of her life. We fed her comfrey tablets and...no limp! The vets were so impressed that they started using them for other animals with breaks and got good results, I don't know if you can still get them? If so her owners should give her some.

Hope your bites soon heal and aren't too painful.

Jazz, I hope you get good news very soon, you deserve some.

I looked at my wall calendar earlier..oh, quite busy...out on Monday, Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning. Hang on though seem to be a theme...Monday, doctor, Wednesday, blood pressure check with nurse, Thursday fasting blood test. Not so exciting after all! :D

I saw the doc yesterday whom I had seen originally about my bladder problems..she is the one who wants me to have the fasting blood tests....and she seems to be taking things more seriously than the one I saw last week. She's concerned about the steep drop in my kidney function, so she's referring me to the urologists at the Royal and she wants me to have another kidney ultrasound scan. This involves drinking a horrendous amount of water an hour before your appointment, then waiting whilst some bloke presses a scanner quite firmly all over your stomach. As I have trouble at the moment getting to the loo in time after one cup of tea, this may prove interesting. My OH says he'll come with me, so he can shout "tsunami warning" if things get desperate. :blush:

Edited by suzeanna

That looks so much nicer with the paint Alex - I hope you can find more that is a good match.

Sounds like an active day Jayne!

My parents are away this week, which means Logan and Kia are on their own from 8-12 and 1-5, with a short walk at lunch time. I had agility with them both yesterday evening, and Kia was good, but Logan was off the wall loopy. Hopefully it will be cool enough to take them for a good romp on the way home from work this evening.

RMF: The dishwasher here at work didn't get put on last night, so is currently running with all the mugs in it. I am having to drink out of the only clean mug I could find, which is one of those massive sports direct ones. I feel like a midget, and am pretty sure I'm somehow going to manage to spill coffee down my front.

Jayne & Ted :GroupHug: Were the vets expecting to see improvement by now, or is it just a wait and see type situation?

The dogs were very happy to see me at lunch. Logan was rather upset at being left behind though :( He had serious separation anxiety when we adopted him, and though he's now much better, 8 hours (even with a break in the middle) is pushing it. I'm going to see if I can work from home tomorrow afternoon so they have some company.