UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Jawings

merledogs

Thank you Yantan. I couldn't work it it on the mobile so am very grateful :-)

To be honest it is currently rather tender. But, my shoulder / neck was hurting before and all very tight and tense and that has gone now so one big benefit (though be a massage may have been a simpler way to resolve that!) oops!

It was a great run out though, canal folk are really lovely and friendly and I even saw some friends out as well.

See I knew all that exercise wouldn't be healthy :laugh: Seriously, things like that can be very painful so make sure you play on it :wink:

I was tired cos I didn't sleep at all well, so I had a two hour kip and then swept part of the drive and moved the garden table & chairs further down. I'm having a ponder on which of my many plants are going where (including the two new Lilacs I ordered this morning).

Horrendous end to a pleasant afternoon with the dogs in the garden at Mum & Dad's. Walking home with our dogs we witnessed a little black cocker spaniel run out into the road just as a car was passing. She was hit hard around her pelvis/back legs. Her young owner was frantically trying to call her Mum but no reply so Patrick rushed our dogs home (just a few doors away), I scooped up little Lily & we have taken them to the emergency vets. Lily was in shock & a great deal of pain & they suspect a pelvic fracture but need to get her stable before x-rays tomorrow. I will most likely be heading to the doctors tomorrow as my finger has been badly bitten - our road is full of my blood. Please think of little Lily with me & hope her injuries are not too severe.
  • Like 1

No news yet of poor little Lily. I have been to see the nurse at our doctor's practice & have 5 days antibiotics & a new dressing & bandage to replace the lime green vet wrap. Declined a tetanus as I reacted so badly last time that my arm was scarcely usable for a week. Currently only 1 finger is out of action - rude hand gestures severely restricted for a few days :confused: but no washing up at least!

Positive healing thoughts being sent for little Lily. It was a good thing you were there Whizzie. I hope the bite injury to you heals quickly & with no problems :GroupHug:

We have emptied our sitting room in preparation for the building work starting next week. We are living in the dining room which is rather a squash but manageable. We've moved the dining table into the kitchen and the 3 piece suite into the dining room. We have no working TV though as the cables won't stretch through here. Archie does not like all this changing about and is insisting on spending most of his time out in the garden. He keeps coming back in from time to time to see if everything has been changed back but on finding that it's not demands to go back out.