UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Jawings

merledogs

Owl, that sounds crazy about having to prove you aren't fit enough to attend!

Apparently I Should have known that they were having all their systems taken out and replaced, therefore I should have got a prescription before that. However, I didn't know their systems were being replaced as it isn't a repeat prescription and I don't pop into the surgery on the off chance to pick up a leaflet off their desk telling me so! The lady was so busy giving me a lecture she omitted to tell me their systems are actually down until Friday!

Hope they find a solution for your dad Whizzie.

And I can't remember everything else...nice floor though!! xxx

I've been checking the progress of my meerkat toy (yes, I know..I'm a grown woman, how sad, la la la) and after zigzagging all over Europe with PostKat, it's now in Calais. Maybe it will be with me in a week or so! Don't know what I'm going to do with it once I've got it, mind you. :D

I'm expecting my very first Meerkat any day now too. After travelling Europe with Postkat, he was handed over to Royal Mail in Dover last Tuesday

Evening all.

Hope surgeon can sort your dads voice out Whizzie. Enjoy your time in Wales. Hoping it will do you some good being away

Alex yes you do need to get away. Gives you a whole different perspective on things and good to just chill and not be rushing around

Hope you get car back soon Owl

And your mate can sorts yours Griff

How is Ted today? Hope he is continuing to improve

Glad floor is coming along Marion.

We're still waiting for the kitchen fitter to come back and put our RCD kit in for the electrics. Considering it is supposed to be installed for legal reasons when moving electrics it's not clever. The kitchen was put in 3 weeks ago. He was supposed to come yesterday then phoned us when he was supposed to be here to say he didn't realise it was Fathers Day so couldn't come. Fed up of arranging my life around when he is supposed to be here for him not to turn up.

agreed Jacobean, not a way to keep or get clients!!!

Murtle, sorry your receptionists are being Nobs.... of course you are supposed to know everything that is going on with the practice... silly you!!!

Well my mate turned up eventually............. and my jag runs!!!!! been stood since 2002 and ran very rarely, managed to fit a new water pump to it last year, got sick and couldn't be a£sed! it ran for a bit after i fitted the pump, back fired and cut out, despite my requests for new fuel my dad was adamant it wanted an engine..... turned it over tonight and she tried running.... 2 minutes later idling on her own although misfiring, 2 minutes after that running fine! my dad has had a big lecture about listening to me and my mum yelled at him too Lol

• Like 1

Glad your jag has a future Griff. Sadly my Sybil does not. Engine fault plus a few other things which will need doing over the next year has made repair non viable. The subaru clinic think they might be able to fix the engine but aren't sure, and it would cost a LOT. She is coming back to my own garage and they are giving me a decent price. The boss there is rebuilding a couple of old Imprezas and can use some parts from her.

At least I know where I stand. Going to see some cars tomorrow at a place run by a friend's brother. Hope to be back on wheels v soon. Won't be able get another automatic though. Oh well, grateful fro anything sound.

Hope you get something sorted Owl :flowers:

Glad you got your jag running Griff :)

Not had a Ted update today, thank you for asking Michelle. Am hoping tomotrow's update will involve his catheter being removed, as in dad's video he did seem to be walking (to a point). He was knuckling a lot on his hind legs, but he was pootling around (before deciding it was too much like hard work and lying down on the bed in the room :wub: ). It will be 3 weeks on Thursday since his operation, really want him home now :unsure:

It's a long time for Ted, I bet he wants to come home too.

Sad news from my lovely aunt who did so well after hip replacement. The results have been analysed from lung scan. They are pretty certain it is cancer, provoked they think by years of repairing ceramics as she has never smoked. The lung is so frail they won't do a biopsy in case it collapses. She is in no pain but finds breathing difficult if she walks around. I feel very sad. She is 87 which is a good age but mentally she is really young and alert, if you talk to her on the phone and didn't know her you would think she was maybe 50.

Moaning :tired:

Yesterday wasn't great. Let's just say the management team had a lot of frustration to offload and we got the brunt of it.

Sorry about your aunt owl :flowers:

RMF : I was supposed to have next week as holiday, but looks like I'm going to have to cancel it because of work. My boss is telling me to get projects to a point where I can hand them over, but there is only one person I could hand them over to and a) it's not fair on him because he has enough to do and b) I don't like leaving something half done so I want to close them out myself.

Sorry to hear about your Aunt Owl and your car Griff.

Jazz, hope the new home is still on track.

Sending special encouraging hugs for Ted - 3 weeks must feel like ages.

Enjoy your new floor Marian & I hope your kitchen gets sorted Michelle.

Lovely in Pembrokeshire yesterday afternoon/evening. Sunshine always lifts the spirits. We had our dinner in the garden accompanied by sounds of horses galloping away in the field right behind the house and sheep in full voice on the hillside at the front, over the other side of the Cleddau river - definitely a welsh sheep choir!

Forgot to say, Alex, that sounds really rubbish at work. Having to cancel/postpone a holiday is miserable.

You are of course welcome to book with us for a break at WagTails House but we are proving popular so it would need some forward planning! I will give you the secret location of our shed key so you can access garden tools and not suffer withdrawal symptoms ;) I can also advise on garden centre locations for you!

• Like 2

Owl so very sorry to hear about your aunt and also sorry about your car

Gooster, hope ted is back with you soon

Merledogs, what a pain in the ass having to cancel holiday

Jazz, car wise what are you after? do you need a short term run around or are you looking at thousands? if it is a short term run around, look on gumtree/ebay there are sometimes cars on there with just a couple of bits of cosmetic damage...nothing too bad at a decent price