UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

I'm not a plant addict and I didn't buy two Mahonias today either :whistle:

Tonight's plans consist of a delicious curry (place where we went the other night with work do the most delish King Prawn Karahi with mushroom pilau rice and garlic naan so I bought one to take out and froze it), few glasses of Sauv Blanc (first one already poured) and then Dr Who, BGT and the Voice :)

Enjoy your Chinese Maz :flowers: I so wish I lived near you so I could pop round of a Saturday and put the world to rights over a takeaway and some alcohol :wink:

Edited by merledogs

There's a mahonia hiding in our garden somewhere. Alex it would be great to have you pop round for take-away, drinks and a good old blether. If it wasn't for Archie not welcoming other dogs into his home I would invite you to come and stay one weekend when Ruby is away. Well one day matey, one day :)

Our Chinese was fab but I'm brossin. There are loads of prawn crackers left to nibble on tomorrow. Just wait till Archie spots them. He loves them. He's been up Latrigg this afternoon with Ruby and he went straight up to bed when they came back and we've not seen him since. Result! Lol.

• Like 1

i just had to google Mahonia..... never heard of one before! well that's something new i have learnt

hope everyone has a lovely night, i am going to please myself as to what to watch... i can even flick channels part the way through a program..... oh the power Lol

i too had curry today but it was home made from scratch and then i had spinach soup which was quite nice really (that surprised me!)

hope Archie puts in an appearance for his prawn crackers soon

• Like 1

i reckon brossin means stuffed

the cat seems a bit brighter this morning thank goodness, let him have the run of the house which meant hardly any sleep for me but i felt so sorry for him i couldn't bare to pop in a room alone. got up this morning and was reviewing the cctv tape and something caught my eye.... rolled it back and lo and behold there was a nasty piece of work actively encouraging their dog to try and attack a cat... silly b*tch nearly got took of her feet... shame the flexi lead didn't either cut her fingers off or give her a burn! will give a copy to the lady whose cat it is... just hope the cat was o.k

What a horrible thing for that woman to do :angry:

Day off today, had a lie in for once. Usually I set my alarm so I can go to the gym in the morning, but as I have just done 6 days, I decided to have a lie in and go to the gym later :)

good for you Gooster.... a well deserved lie in.

i agree, it was a horrible thing to do but she is well known round here for being nasty... hopefully the cat is o.k and just lost one of it's nine lives!!! i will be a lot more careful with my cat after seeing that!

Nasty bugger that woman - she's the sort that gets the rest of us dog owners a bad name. Grrrrr.

Yes, Griff got it right brossin does mean stuffed in Cumbrian.

Random photo of The Archibald at the top of Dodd fell on Friday:

arch1.jpg

The lake in the top right corner is Derwentwater and you can just about spot Keswick nestling in beside it a little further over to the left. To the right is Portinscale (which means the hut of the harlot!)

• Like 2

That's funny cos my spies say there is something very similar to one of those in your garden missus

What a fab pic

Beautiful day here. So good to see the sun again. Have managed to get washing on line for the first time this year. Fergus is in and out of the garden like an in and out thing. Going out there shortly to have a good sort out so he'll be pleased. Finally got rid of horrible exam late last night. Was so good to see the back of that. They reckon I'll have my result around 3rd June so I get a whole month off from studying.

• Like 1