UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Hoovered downstairs and the stairs, was about to start upstairs when the hoover started making an awful noise and an even worse smell! (no, I hadn't run over anything I shouldn't have done.) Now the whole house pongs and it looks as if we need a new hoover. Damn it. I won't know until this afternoon whether or not we can go down to my son, his wife is seeing the dentist again this morning, but to be honest I don't see they'll be able to do anything else for her, she'll have to wait for the ab's to work.

Hope all poorly people and animals soon feel better and that everyone has a great Bank Holiday weekend.

Windermere is about 18 miles from Keswick Griff. I don't care for it and really don't like the lake, it's far too busy for me. I find that about the south lakes full stop. Our lake, Derwentwater, or Keswick lake as us locals refer to it, is much nicer :)

i was just wandering Yantan as i know some people heading up that way.... forget the exact place they are staying but it starts with a c i think.... i don't think it is near the main lakes though

Jazz, hope they call soon

Suzeanna, hope the hoover is fixable and you can go and visit your son

Edited by griff

Am sure they will phone soon Jazz :flowers:

Hope your hoover is fixable Suzeanna :)

Do you ever wish you hadn't bothered sending a text message? I am working on bank holiday Monday, and I sent the director who I am working for a text to confirm the amount to invoice - he has come back telling me to invoice him £50 less than I usually do as it's a shorter day :angry: :rolleyes: The fact that it's going to be warm and sunny and I am giving up my bank holiday for less money has annoyed me a bit - shouldn't have messaged him and just put my normal invoice in :laugh: TBH, I was hoping he would pay me more than normal as it's a bank holiday, and he pays more than my regular rate for weekend days (which are shorter too), so I assumed bank hols would be at the weekend rate. Should have just kept my gob shut :laugh:

Mizz Merle I hope you are also going to put your feet up for a while over the weekend.

You're darn tootin' I am :flowers:

Wishing Toby a peaceful journey :lily:

Sorry to hear about Toby Sophie (((hugs)))

Jazz, hope they call soon

Yantan, we have lovely sun here.....don't know how long it will last but i likes it a lot! hope Ruby has a good night camping..... are you near windermere?

Merledogs, you go steady hoiking all that compost about and good luck with fetching the pergola down.... just a thought, how thick are the posts? if they are thin the same sort of size as a pipe used for plumbing what about one of those cutters that you pop onto the pipe and twirl it around and it cuts... this type of thing

http://search.diy.com/search#w=pipe%20cutter&asug=

Pipes are much thicker than those. I ended up buying a Black & Decker Scorpion saw, so will see how I get on with that.

Edited by merledogs

what a pile of crap!

hes basically said nothing. yes I can have the bedroom tax exepmtion for 6 months, but how about I go for a 1 bedroomed flat?

I kin wont!

ive told him in no uncertain terms im not prepared to keep using a bucket for another 6 months till they review it

oh, and the internets cant be fixed properly for maybe 2 weeks!

im sitting surrounded by boxes, got rid of so much stuff the place is echoing, and could be here for months!

Jazz, sorry to hear your no further forward, i know it is far from a good idea in some case but are there any private landlords/different HA in your area with suitable properties? i *think* i read that the bedroom tax only affects those in HA/ council properties but won't affect those in private rental... you would need to check that and also check that financially you wouldn't be any worse off financially going private rented... i know my mate rents his flat and as long as the rent is paid on time and the place looked after he is happy for his tenants to stay as long as they like

Lol Yantan..... i did have visions of Merledogs doing a texas chainsaw massacre

Merledogs as for the clampets speakers, do they leave them out at all? i was thinking if you could get a high powered hose / water pistol with a decent aim perhaps you can wreck them Lol

Sorry to hear about Toby Sophie...it's never easy to say goodbye even when you know it's the right thing to do.

Jazz, that's ridiculous, to tell you to get ready for a quick move one minute and then the next tell you there's no chance!

We definitely aren't going down to Mark..sniffle...but hopefully we will in a couple of weekends time, my OH has a long weekend then and Julie's mouth should be better. My hoover is definitely dead, OH took one look (although he could smell it the minute he walked in the house) and said dump it, we'll get a new one. I'm a bit worried about him, he's spending money without a second thought and although that sounds good, in the past it's been a sign that he's depressed. He does suffer from SAD, hopefully the sun we're promised will appear and it will lift him. We're still putting the dogs in kennels for a couple of days, Sunday and Monday, and think we might go to the coast (along with the rest of the population) on Sunday if it stays good. I'll have to grit my teeth though, as a proud Yorkshire woman, and go to the Lincolnshire coast as it's closer. Do I need a passport, do you think?

Sorry to hear your weekend plans have not worked out Suzeanna , I do hope your OH is okay as depression is such a challenge for both the person suffering and those close by.

Jazz , I am totally baffled by your situation and cannot understand why a council would not want to swap a 2 for a 1 bed , also ( sorry if I have missed the reason ) what's the bucket got to do with with the bedrooms tax or is that a separate issue ? Have you spoken with your local MP as it sounds like you could do with some support.

Alex you are Wonder Woman with power tools , is there nothing you can't do !