UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

It is an absolutely superb day here. Blue skies, not a cloud in sight and the sun is out! Hurrah.

Michelle we had a meticulous kitchen fitter too. He was Andy (Andreas) from Germany and had to have everything just right. Once the work is complete you will be glad you did it all.

Hey I have first dibs on Alex coming to stay to do gardening 0006.gif

Our garden is just awful these days. We had just had a make-over on it when Archie arrived 10 years ago and it did look nice. Ruby has just totally lost interest in it and it hasn't had the paving stones washed in ages because the pressure washer broke. The birds throw their seed all over it with gay abandon and this grows in clumps of grass that take on a jungle quality.

loads of jobs done. a rescue is coming to buy all this dog food, so everybody wins. money is going to another rescue.

I hate to think how much work this bungalow will need. scrap that. 5am every morning im thinking about it lol guess what time we got up!

its my sons 25th birthday today

wow!

Beautiful sunny day here. I cuddled a cow on our walk this morning :wub: Normally the cows are not as bold as the bullocks, but one was standing next to the fence and she enjoyed a good scratch on her face, behind her ears and on her neck :wub:

I'm off to B&Q (for a change) :laugh:

Afternoon

Have been to post office and ASDA for some bits for my dad and for ze new kitchen. All the doors are on the cupboards now. He's just got some last pontification to do. It's looking good but won't be right until we've sorted walls and floor. Haven't had chance to look at tiles for those yet. We have black cooker, hood and sink. Brown with a bit of black fleck worktops and cream cupboards. Not sure which colour to go with for the wall tiles. Martyn fancies black tiles at the back of the cooker and different on the rest. I'm sort of poo pooing that idea.

It's really warm out. Came as a shock when I went out as it's been literally freezing here the last few days with hailstorms and wind. Hope to get into garden as the grass has suddenly gone knee high. Not sure when I'll get to see my dad and haven't phoned him yet as still hoping we'll be able to get away somehow today to see him.

I spent an hour and a half in B&Q pontificating over which colour paint to get for my fences. I wanted paint rather than stain. I couldn't find any in a colour I liked, so I ended up buying fence stain in the end :rolleyes: I managed not to buy any plants, but I did buy some trellis and more compost.

RMF : There are four ickle fluffy baby starlings on my fence :wub:

Ouch Alex! Naughty knife.

We have been in the garden as it has been so warm. I have admitted defeat at growing anything from seed so all pots and stuff is being decamped to my Mum who has said she will use it.

Hope everyone is getting some sunshine / warmth today xxx

I am in a queue!

At the household recycling centre...aka the dump!!

I have a car load of my ex hoarding items!!! All that tat I couldn't let go of for years that was boxed and stored in the garage had now left the building :-)

And the garage breathes a sigh of relief!

xxx

well done Murtle!!!! i am sure your garage will appreciate it!

Melredogs...congrats on getting to b&q and coming away with out any plants Lol, i went the other day and they had hanging baskets at £5 i double checked all the tags and decided i would ask my dad to pick one up... went to one store and the same hanging basket was £13! went to the one where i saw them at £5 2 days ago and again they are £13... they weren't reduced or anything the other day... i was most annoyed and didn't buy one.

Jacobean, i am sure your kitchen will look fab... better to have a workman who is over careful than bodge it and scarper!

Dad has hung my new gate.... it is wonderful and the handle is absolutely ace..no more trying to ensure it is on the latch, you just pull it too and job done! whilst i was watching him we could hear a pellet gun firing.... i have found pellets in my back yard before, we were watching and a load of pigeons flew of and we are sure it is someone in the block of flats over looking my garden.. once i am sure it is who i think it is i am going to phone the police and demand they do something and then i am going to get him evicted as he rents my mates flat... i now have to be extra cautious with the cat and dogs

I'm having an old favourite for tea - liver and onions :) I haven't had that in a very long time. I only hope it tastes as good as when my nanna used to make it. I am also serving up marrowfat peas with it and it must be 30 years or more since I last had them!

Archie will be helping me out with the liver.

• Like 2

We have had a very pleasant day, went and collected mil and brought her over here to do her shopping in Waitrose for a change then we popped to the cemetery to take some flowers to my mum & dad. Then we went out for lunch to Weatherspoons and had a sharing platter to start but no one told us nor did it say on the menu that it was going to be spicy, every single item on it had either been peri peri'd or had chili in the battter etc. it just about blew our heads off - all 3 of us were gasping and had tears running down our faces, gawd help all of us later when it makes its way out lol I had faggots & mushy peas which was yummy, followed by an afternoon nap in front of the telly. Then we got the patio table & chairs out of the greenhouse and had a couple of hours sitting & chatting in the garden with the dogs. So it'll be our fault if it persistently pours down later as we've even got the parasol up :laughingsmiley:

• Like 1

Marion - I hope you're having mash with that. Must admit I haven't had it in years but I want some now. Sometimes we spend so much on new fangled fancy foods that we forget how nice the basics are :wink:

Murtle - well done on your decluttering :flowers: Tell you what, I'll come and do your garden if you declutter my house. I'll deffo get the better end of the bargain.

Snow - glad you had a pleasant day but relieved I'm not sat next to you when it makes its return :laugh:

Griff - very easy to do hanging baskets yourself. Morrisons do six plug plant Fuchsias for a couple of quid. Just get a cheap hanging basket from them (about £3 if I recall) and shove a few of those in with some compost and Bob's your mother's brother. They will flower all summer long too if you feed them weekly with tomato feed :flowers:

I had a nap, then spent an hour and a half watering the garden/pots and deadheading a Rhodo.

I did some patches in the new fence paint, which I really like. Only problem is that it's going to look odd as the side fence is currently dark brown which will show through the mid brown I bought, but not too bothered as it will all look nice.

I've changed my bed, had a shower and am now chilling whilst I wait for the Voice.

Edited by merledogs