UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Murtle, feel better soon...... if you feel the need to sleep i would do it.

Suzeanna, hope you warm up soon, i know what you mean about feeling cold, the place my dad drinks is always freezing... i have 2 coats, 2 sweatshirts and 2 t-shirts on and i still feel like a block of ice when i am in there..... won't go in again until we get proper sun!

Jazz, good that the woman still wants the property but still a phone call out of courtesy would have been nice.... all this trouble with your stair lift, you will have to add their number to your friends and family on your phone bill!! lets hope they mend it properly this time

Glazier has been... fitted my new glass and.......... sorted my door so it locks! we have the porch door which has never locked and an inner door which does lock, he commented it didn't lock, explained the top glass wasn't fitted right but couldn't remove the glass as he would be liable if it broke but offered to move the door catches for me... he did and now it locks!!!! wonderful

• Like 1

Sorry Griff, I don't know why I thought it was your brother. My head still isn't working right :confused: Pleased you have got your doors etc fixed now.

Sleep is a great healer Murtle.

Hope you get it sorted Jazz.

Same weather here - it's more like October :thumbsdown_still:

Really windy here but blue skies.

I am attempting to make a more conscious effort on what I eat & drink so they I can hopefully loose weight by the time my holiday comes around. Im rather addicted to Cola and have so far managed 2 days without any :laugh: I dont want to cut out things completely but need to moderate how much and how often.

Have booked viewing for next Tues.

70p for a cup of tea!!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't even think they charge that in our hospital, robbery.

Lil Angel, do you drink the sugar free versions?? i personally can't taste any difference

i am officially annoyed... i don't like this windy wet weather occurring in the " warmer" months.... i feel cheated Lol

I love Monkey World in Dorset. I have not been in person but hope to one day. Anyway I noticed a while back on their website that they had initiated a shoe box appeal and had supporters sending shoe boxes of certain food stuffs for the monkeys. I found that I could send very little as postage costs have now become prohibitive and I was paying more for the postage than the foodstuffs! So whilst pondering this I had the bright idea to send them a Tesco home delivery. I got the OK from Monkey World to do this and so on my birthday next week there will be a modest amount of foodstuffs being delivered there. I could think of nothing that would give me more pleasure to do on my birthday and far better than indulging myself with something I don't really need or want :jammin:

If you haven't already signed the Monkey World petition to change the legislation covering primates as pets would you please think about doing so. Unfortunately it isn't an online petition and so needs printing out, signing and posting to Monkey World but if you don't mind doing this here's the link http://www.monkeyworld.org/primates-as-pets-petition :flowers:

• Like 5

Yantan, you would really love Monkey world...... every time my mum and dad are in Dorset she drags him there..... what a fabulous thing to do and i may pinch that idea for Xmas for my mum (i am always stuck what to get her... she has literally everything!) my printer is Knackered at the moment but as soon as i get a new one all 3 of us will sign. next time they go i will force her to take the camera and get you some photos

• Like 1

ive been to monkey world, met Jim, lovely man

the stairlift man came, fixed it again, and painted the wall that they put the wood on, so as it was my paint they were using, got him to paint a wall in my living room lol Ive changed my pictures round in here, wow it looks different

my oldest son is 25 tomorrow. 25 on the 25th, always felt thats special. I remember being 23 on the 23rd. his wife is 24 on the 24th next month

I went from normal coke to pepsi max, lost 2 stone. I cant go a day without that or coffee though

• Like 3

I can drink Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max and Coke Zero but cant stand Diet Coke. Addiction is for the sugery stuff though lol

Monkey World is fab Marion. I went there years ago. It wasnt as large as I thought it would be but still wonderful :)

Hope stairlift stays fixed for you Jazz.

Evernink

Murtle do as your body says and have lots of rest.

Loving your artistery Marion lol

Griff so sorry your cousin has been shot. Hope he recovers well. Shocking.

Owl glad you've got mum sorted with social worker. The system is a nightmare.

Jazz I'm sorry to hear that. Hope they find the cause quickly and get you sorted. Also hope you get the bungalow you want

Tomorrow will be day 6 of fitting the kitchen. Had enough now. The chap has taken over the whole downstairs with all his stuff. He is so meticulous and pedantic about getting everything perfect. I'll be really pleased with it when he finished and that he has taken the time to get it right but it's getting on me wick. He's wary of the dogs so we keep all ending up being shut in a room together. He reckons he won't finish it til Sunday. Bang goes my weekend. To top it all the boiler got condemned along the way and we're not getting another til Friday. Right in the lovely cold spell. Guess when he's doing that and taking 2 days? Yep next weekend.

Moaning :tired:

Michelle I hope your kitchen/boiler traumas are over soon. I know it's a pain now but when it's done you'll be glad he's been so meticulous (so many of them just do a botch job and don't care) :flowers:

Guess what I'm doing this weekend? Yep, gardening :rolleyes:

Murtle hope you have a relaxing weekend.

Thats a fab idea Marion.

Griff :flowers:

Owl glad you've got your mum sorted again.

Jazz fingers crossed the stair lift is finally fixed for good and the bungalow woman gets her act together.

Michelle hopefully once its all done it'll be lovely and worth the hassle.

Alex would you like to come stay with us for a week or so? I can offer good food, reasonable company, and lots and lots and LOTS of weeding, pruning, chopping, planting and messing about in the garden I'll even let you plant rhododendrons :laughingsmiley:

I'm not very happy with my gardener he was supposed to have cut all the trees and bushes back before winter but the weather was so awful he got rained off so it didn't get done, its too bloody late now really to do everything that needed doing but I still want the hedges trimmed and the dead wood cut etc. I won't let him do the trees as the birds are now nesting, but because it didn't get done and with all the rain etc. we are over run with ivy brambles and dandelions under the bushes so I have been nagging him to get things cut back so we could get in there and clear it all out - he was too busy last month and promised to do it this month ... and still no sign of him he's cut the grass as hes supposed to but says every time he's planned to do the bushes its been raining. I'm more annoyed as oct/nov I had about half a dozen different blokes knock the door asking to cut back the trees etc all quoting the same as my guy but I stayed loyal to him as he'd been mums gardener for years and years. I also asked him to do some weeding for us - just realised that its BH Monday so he won't be coming *sigh*

Thank you for your very kind offer snow, but I must decline :laugh: I have so much to do in my garden I don't know where to flippin start!

I don't let a bit of rain put me off gardening (unless it's pelting down), especially for things like pruning.