UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Ok friends, this is a long post as I have copied and pasted from my FB page. Thanks you all for your kindness-I am getting there slowly :fugeerock:

'I have Lucy's results back now and although I still feel rotten about last weeks events in a small way I am relieved to know that when it all happened there was absolutely no way could Lucy have been saved even if we got to the vets' within minutes. The cause of her death was a very rare and aggressive hemangiosarcoma. The blisters/ lesions on her spleen and liver concluded this although they were not obvious tumours. It is possible that a lesion had invaded an artery which caused the massive bleed into her abdomen. The vet told us that the disease could have started as early as two weeks before her death although in most cases you do get some indication that something is wrong with them. We had no warning with Lucy until her collapse one and a half hours before here death. She was fine and happy before that and was actually playing in the garden with Jenny just minutes before her not being able to stand. She had a very tiny split in her spleen which the vet says could have been dealt with had her blood been able to clot. Now here is the question-why wasn't her blood clotting? Although hemangiosarcoma is cancer of the blood vessels it doesn't normally affect the clotting mechanism. Our vet told us that the there is still a small possibility that Lucy had picked up a small amount of a Warfarin type substance, even just a few days before which could have affected her blood clotting as her blood results showed zero clotting. That is where the question mark is but even if she had got normal clotting and the vet could remove the spleen etc the condition is terminal and she may only have lived a few days and at the most a few weeks. In some ways it helps and in some not. Why should a normally fit happy 7 year old dog be taken out in this way? We still don't know the pm results of our neighbours cats but there is definitely something going on around here and Lucy probably just happened to die suddenly at this point in time and the vet at first was convinced it was poisoning due to her symptoms-and of course, we have the dead badgers to consider along with all the dead foxes we were finding last year :-( The vet said that although the possibility of mild poisoning was not the main cause of her death it would have contributed :-( Did she or didn't she pick something up-we will never know.'

Yantan, I am con fizzled about your picture!

It's all a big con Murtle and I used this site http://photofunia.com/ to make the picture. It's great fun and dead easy!

Here's another example

Archieingallery.jpg

Sheila thanks for sharing that. Although it doesn't take the pain away of loosing Lucy so suddenly I hope it brings a crumb of comfort to have those findings :GroupHug:

• Like 1

If her sudden death was due to disease rather than poisoning, then it was a blessing for her to go so quickly without suffering weeks or months of pain, with you suffering with her watching her get weaker. Still horrible for you...but at least as you say, you know that even if she'd been in the vets when she collapsed she couldn't have been saved.

As the chance of poisoning hasn't been completely ruled out, I bet you and your neighbours are being extra extra vigilant when taking your dogs out...my cavalier will grab and eat anything, edible or not! Cats are a big worry, no one can keep an eye on their cat 24/7, unless you don't let them out of the house at all.

Does anyone know, can an activated SIM card be used in any phone, so long as they are both on the same network?

• Like 1

Hound woman, i am glad you have some answers

Suzeanna..... yes as long as the handset is on that network or open you can put an activated sim in the handset

if all you lovely Fugees could send some healing thoughts my cousins way i would be very grateful he doesn't live in the uk and is due to get married on saturday but he has been shot by a family member today.... he is o.k thankfully but had he not thrown himself to cover his dog he would be dead as would his dog.... he is determined to get married.... no doubt no charges will stick either

woodworm holding hands, love that!

im sorry he was shot, hope hes ok xx

here we go with doom and gloom! id soooo love to give good news that sticks!

woman in the bungalow isnt answering us, so take it shes pulled out, we will know either way tonight.

went to the hospital about my liver, ive got internal bleeding somewhere so have to go in for tests, hopefully for just a day. it will be in the next 2-3 weeks as my pills have to be out of my system

it just keeps coming ....

oh goodness Jazz, that doesn't sound good on either count, hope you hospital visit is quick and painless! as for the woman.... i wonder why on earth she didn't just ring and say she wasn't interested.... lets hope she is ill or something and will be in touch.

Yantan, i love that picture on the wall

thanks Jazz, they have got the bullet out but there is still some shrapnel and bone fragments.. he is such a gentle lad too.

i can't believe the cost of gate hinges and latches and don't get me started on screws... bl**dy b&q, my gate actually cost £35...plus £20 p&p, the cost of hinges, a new latch, and 2 small bags of screws.... £50! it was nearly £8 for one small bag of screws... outrageous! (or am i just dead tight Lol)

You did the right thing Lil Angel...having said that, if they give you an idea of costs to repair, could you put in a lower offer? Or would it just be far too much work to make it viable? When I sold my mother's cottage, the surveyor said the only thing holding up the roof beams was the woodworm holding hands...the people who wanted to buy it dropped their offer by £3000 and we accepted that as we wanted a quick move. So far as I know they are still living there, 25 years later.

The difference in offer price to surveyor price was £20,000. It needs alot of work and even if they had knocked the price down I dont think I could have coped with the responsibility as I know absolutely nothing about buildings. I thought about it lots before making my final decision. Both solicitors and estate agents were quite shocked at the survey results.

In other news I've seen another house which has a hoooge garden so I'm going to organise a viewing to see that one shortly.

Houndwoman Im glad you have some answers and hope they help a little bit :GroupHug:

I would like to have a go at belly dancing. We've be trying to find a drop in class that doesnt make you sign up for 8-10 weeks at a time just to see if we like it.

Sorry Suzeanna can't help with techy stuff! Beagles are awful scavengers and will just hoover up as they go along.

I am really very sorry to hear about your brother Griff. How awful. I hope something will be done about it and I truly hope the wedding goes ahead :GroupHug:

Belly dancing sounds like fun Lil Angel!

Moaning :tired:

Jazz - you're not having much luck lately but I hope it turns for you soon :GroupHug:

Griff - fingers crossed for your brother :GroupHug:

Amy - hope you absolutely love the house with a big garden :flowers:

Houndwoman :GroupHug:

Sorry for anyone I missed.

thanks for the good wishes for Pepe... he is my cousin, not my brother... wouldn't hear the end of it if it was my brother!

Lil Angel, lets hope this house is A1 and you can put in an offer

Jazz, i would have used the old hinges but this gate is really really heavy so had to get heavy duty hinges to hold it, a bag of screws cost nearly as much as a hinge... shocking!

the glazier is supposed to come today... hopefully they will as i am getting fed up with having to stay near the phone.

someone has stolen my sunshine and replaced it with grey and wind!

I was shivering with cold yesterday despite two jumpers, so I had to put the heating on and I've a feeling it's going on again today! I feel the cold really badly due to an underactive thyroid, plus when I'm cold my hands get so painful I can hardly move them so to hell with the cost. :mad: They are promising a better weekend...we can only hope!

I hope folk waiting for news gets it soon and it's good, poorly people and pets start feeling better and the summer decides that it's time to come and visit Britain before we all succumb to pneumonia!

I have just slept for 12 hours with one disturbance. I feel I could carry on sleeping but should really get up.

Jazz hope the house and bleed are resolved.

Griff hope your cousin heals quickly.

Suzanne hav the heating on and stay warm and healthy.

Hugs to all

xxx