UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Houndwoman, so sorry to hear you are feeling down today.... completely understandable, i am thinking of you

Murtle, sorry your day didn't improve

Merledogs, i do agree about the Eurovision.... it is all political and we never do well, i don't think it would matter who we sent.... i thought blue were good the other year and didn't do as well as they should...plus it means casualty isn't on and i likes casualty!

we have had a nice dry day today but i haven't been anywhere... i couldn't bother myself Lol

• Like 1

We had a cancellation & the week didn't get booked again so I am at WagTails House with dogs but minus husband for a long weekend.

It took me 4 hours to woodstain the garden furniture set - large table, 2 benches, 2 chairs. Luckily it was sunny!
Tomorrow decking, laundry, beach & possibly a couple of planters to source for front :)

The boys were perfect - very proud of them! PLUS when I got home China had been a very very good girl as not only was there no destruction but nothing had been pulled off the worktops or dragged into a different room. High praise all round for my doglets.

Not so good today - I got bitten! Not at the event but gave someone a lift home and their dog launched at poor Jed. Super Bo zoomed in and forced the dog off him (gets in between the 2 and pushes through) but the dog then launched at Jed again from close range - I put my arm across Jed's throat to protect him luckily so it was my arm with the bad bite and not his neck.

BSL is a crock of poo - Jed is a big bullbreed who was standing quietly next to me when it happened, the dog that was intent on killing him is a collie which raced over and latched straight on to him ........

• Like 3

Jed says thank you Phebe - it is true he is a big softy but it is ALWAYS Jed who gets the unprovoked attacks. Whether it is because of his size or the fact he has black patches over both eyes or what I do not know. He does now make a lot of noise and rumbling when it happens but luckily it has not turned him into one of those "I will get in first" dogs.

Jed

DSCF1432_zps69d98504.jpg

Last night - very swollen

DSCF1557_zps0d958c09.jpg

This morning - thanks to tea tree oil and the fact the skin was only punctured in a couple of places and scraped in the rest. Swelling gone down a lot (but still there and SORE!)

DSCF1562_zpseefd0cf3.jpg

Glad the bite has improved.

Jed is so totally huggable, I love him xx

Wispa got attacked by a male staffy x lab a week ago when we were out tracking. He was offlead and came swaggering up to her. If she had gone all girly and soft I think he would have been fine, but she warned him off and he came and pitched into her while she was on lead and got himself flattened. He got free and came back for another go, daft dog. We got them apart and thankfully there was no damage to either dog, it was all sound and fury. Owner of other dog very apologetic. Other dog still ready to continue fighting, Wispa just shook herself and went straight back on the scent.

Ouch!!!!! awww poor Jed, good news that they all did you proud including no destruction from china

my neighbour was super considerate and cut his grass at 8 am!!! this is half and hour to and hour late than usual... Bliss

Thank you Murtle. What a pity your day didn't work out x.

You have been very industrious then Whizzieboy! I hate starting on things like that but once I do I enjoy it!

Poor Jed :( Your arm looks sore. Have you got any Arnica? It's very good for bringing out the bruising.

That's one thing I can't sleep through Griff is the sound of a lawnmower. The trouble around here is tractors, they sometimes start working the fields at 6.30am and they don't care what day it is. When they are silaging they often work until midnight too. Thanks for your thoughts, I feel like I am in limboland really. Guess it's the shock. I keep saying I will take time out from the pooter but I think maybe it is helping me. Only true dog people understand :heart:

Poor Wispa, glad it wasn't too serious. It's their confidence that gets knocked though quite often :bighug:

Aww, Jed :wub:

Your arm does look sore buddyboy :GroupHug:

We were rudely awoken by the campers across the way in the sheep shed (I noticed it has sheep avenue written on it!). They were banging something into the ground at 7.50 this morning :angry:

Jed says thank you everyone - he is rather happy to be considered gorgeous! He especially sends his love to Wispa who I believe he rather liked when he met her! He is my big deaf boy who does flyball demos, is a Pets as Therapy dog, and is now waiting for his call up to be the blood donor for the surgery if needed (since his friend lost her leg to cancer and cannot do it any more).

Houndwoman - yes I do have some arnica (but where?!?!?)