UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Hopefully the police showing an interest might at least put a stop to it even if they don't catch the culprit :GroupHug:

Well done Michelle :thumbsup_anim:

Nick & his friend Sam are coming down tomorrow so the 3 of us can go see Star Trek so I said I'd get them lunch first if they arrive early enough, this in theory should have been the time I was told if Sam might have any dietary differences, nothing was said, so yesterday I texted Nick about 4 different times to ask what to get for lunch and to specifically ask what Sam liked, no answer, so I thought blow it pepperonni pizza all round then and ordered 5 of them .... got a text this morning to tell me Sam is vegan .... whether he gets lunch or not is now in the hands of my poor clueless hubby who is in Tesco with mil doing her weekly shop and I've just sent him a text asking him to get me "something vegan for Sam's lunch" I dont even know if he knows what vegan is lol

LOL I took pity on Rob and suggested he get me a Linda McCartney veggie sausage & bean stew which is vegan society approved, now I just have to hope they have one in store or else it's going to be bread rolls and lentil soup.

Lol, poor Rob.... i am virtually vegan myself and i just tell people to cook me some pasta and tip sauce on it.... i am sure Sam will be chuffed with his lunch

Houndwoman, i really hope the police come to see you and i really hope they catch the evil s*d who has done these nasty nasty things, i wish there was something i could say that would make things easier for you

Gooster........... good luck... me thinks you may need it Lol

Naturally they didn't have the stew so Rob read me a list of what they did have and I have gone for Linda McCartney veggie sausages and I'll make him hot dogs lol

He's also now bringing mil back with him to stay the night as she'd like to see Nick tomorrow - my price for this is that they arrive bringing me chips, curry sauce & turkey kebabs from the chip shop as I'm not bloody well cooking something different for 3 now after I had already planned what we were having but there would only be enough for 2 - luckily it'll keep for another day.

Bugger have just realised that means they'll be bringing the raised toilet seat - for some reason mils is much more raised than the one my mum had which is really really good for mil who is 5'71/2 and for hubby who is 6'5 but not so good for me at 5'5 as my feet dont touch the floor when I sit on it ....I feel like a kid on a training seat and it is NOT comfortable for actually going to the toilet when you cant rest your feet on the floor lol

Vegan is a bit of a pain as for some reason lots of veggie stuff ends up with milk in it. I don't eat any of the quorn products as I got tired of them putting milk in them.

Hope you enjoy your pepperoni pizza tomorrow though :-)

oh my goodness snow that does bring back some memories!!! my nan had a raised seat for the toilet and i swear the damn thing was around a foot high.... it was the most uncomfortable experience Lol.... i hated it that much i would actually use the freezing cold outside loo!

Murtle, never knew they put milk in quorn..... i don't like the stuff anyway, i tell you what has bugged me... walkers crisps, they have changed the smokey bacon and chicken crisps so they now contain meat and you wouldn't know if you didn't check the back of the pack!

i have been very good, had plenty of roast veggies for dinner with brown rice... euggghhh

Well - not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing! At practise apart from Bo diverting once on the first run both boys were perfect ............. so hopefully they will be the same tomorrow and it will not be a case of perfect in practise and idiots at the display!

Sniggered a lot before practise - Brenda was not home so I let her lot out and they were rampaging round the field with mine (so boxer x pointer, boxer, staffie x, cavalier, jr x chi, labrador, collie and HUUUUUUGE 8 month old rottie x dobie). Bo the Staffordshire BULL Terrier X was happily thugging and running with the others when he realised there were some scary bullocks looking over the fence through the trees. Tail down, ears down, hackles up and ran away at high speed to a safe distance then turned and did the "I am ferocious" bark - which just drew more bullocks to watch so he was frozen to the spot terrified as around 12 bullocks were by then watching him (from around 30ft away the other side of the stock fence and hedge). Evil mummy was trying to keep a straight face and remind him that according to the Sun he is a killing machine.

• Like 2

Poor Bo :laugh: :laugh: :wub_anim: :wub_anim:

Sheila I hope they catch the rotten git or gits and am glad you've all got the police in on it.

Jayne are you in the caravan and then in a cowshed? That sounds a bit bizarre!

Ah Snow I know just what you mean about the raised loo thingy. My friend used to have one in her house for her elderly mother and I found it a right performance.

Talking of veganism as some of you were here's a totally useless factoid - the chap who started up the Vegan Society was a teacher at my school, Donald Watson. I remember the look of disgust on his face when I stuck my cornish pasty oozing meat and gravy that I'd made in D.S under his nose and asked him if he wanted a bite. I didn't know then that he was a vegan! I didn't even know what one was. I only asked him to sample my wares (ooh err missus) because he looked so thin and fragile. He was a very nice man and well thought of by us all. He lived to a really great age, well on in his 90's I believe.

WTG Sam-I am vegan too! I had some friends here for lunch last week and dreaded it as I don't 'do' entertaining. They are vegan also but I threw something together. Did a nice mixed salad with Redwood Pizza, choritzo style pieces, Linda McCartney sausage rolls, Redwood mini sausages, Vegusto 'cheese' and crusty bread, new potatoes (out of a tin)! It went down well without me having to cook anything-just a matter of heating stuff up!

Fancy you knowing Donald Watson Marion! He did look frail but he was very healthy and as you say, a good age when he died.

Are you really in a cow shed Gooster?

Buddyboy, I am sure the bullocks were very entertained!

Edited by Houndwoman

Moaning :tired:

Talking about bullocks, had a very scary experience last weekend! There are only two bullocks left in the field we walk in. We came out of the cow field into the bullock field on our way back to the car. The stile has been blocked off :mad: so the only way through is under some barbed wire, which is along the top of the posts so you can duck underneath it. My friend was coming up another path and we met in the middle. One of the bullocks (the one who usually comes for a cuddle) was standing in the middle of the path about 100 yards away. My dogs usually ignore the bullocks but for some reason Beau decided to go and see this bullock and play bow him. He didn't get too close and then came back. About a minute or two later, the bullock starts running towards us on the path. My friend and I sh*t ourselves cos a ton of beefsteak bearing down on you is no laughing matter! Of course we did what you are totally not supposed to do - we ran so of course bully ran after us. We managed to just get under the fence into the cow field in time and luckily the dogs seemed to know what was happening and ran through into the field when we screeched at them. As soon as we got through the fence I turned to see whether the bullock was agitated or not but he was absolutely fine, so I don't think there was anything malicious in it, but it was bluddy scary at the time. Our other friend (who grew up on a farm) walked right past the bullock a few minutes later (he was still by the fence cos I was giving him a face rub) and he was fine and we went out the same way past him and his mate to get back to the cars with no incident. Note to self : Tell Beau to find some smaller friends to play with next time.

Bleugh twirly on a Saturday. Off to Milton Keynes and the OU today to see about the courses I am doing.

Will have to try and rember redwood pizza. I am not vegan but am a lactose intolerant veggie. I find food gets quite dull and then I can't be bothered to eat which is no good.

Love and hugs to all

xxx