UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Anyone a gambler? I am trying to work out the odds of the boys doing a perfect flyball display at Carmarthen Showground tomorrow. Both have competed in tournaments BUT

Jed - is having a phase of going up, getting the ball out of the box, looking for another ball, trying to get the boxloader to play. If the box loader turns their back he will very helpfully pick up the bucket of balls for them if the lid is on it or knock it over to help himself if the top is not on. The fix that worked last time we had practise was for the boxloader to walk away from the box completely and for me to have waved a ball on a rope in front of Jed before he set off (bear in mind that Jed is deaf so calling him back relies on him looking at me - and when he is being silly he knows to not look!).

Bo - well, Bo is Bo!!! Best tournament was when we were held up in traffic, got to the ground just as the team went in to race (they saw us and gave his name to the judges), ran into the ring and threw him (almost literally) into running last - he just got on with the job in hand super fast and no messing around. At displays - loves to play to the crowd! Will do a couple of decent runs then grab the ball and tour the barrier so they can all see it close up and realise how clever he is! Jed HAS to be inline behind the jumps or Bo will go off to find him - including grabbing the ball and racing over to the parked car!

Soooooooo - could be interesting!

• Like 2

You will be fine buddyboy! Ted always used to get distracted by the crowds sat down eating food next to the ring. Nothing ever used to distract superstar Charliegoo though - he was far too manic and obsessed to let anything distract him from his job. I would lend him to you, but at 13 and a half, he would probably be a bit slow and doddery now :wub:

On another thought, do you not put the ball bucket behind the backboards?

Lol Buddyboy, it does sound like it could be interesting!

Yantan, no distance isn't really a problem.... obviously not scotland as that would be a bit too far! (we are in the midlands) i might give the vet a little reminder too.

oooooo you know i said about the lad who wanted mt to take on the JRT well i haven't seen him and i was looking on the dog wardens photo stream today and i swear the dog is on there..... it is listed as being found in a different area to where he told me the dog came from (which is a bit odd).... hopefully he will go onto the dogs home and get a lovely home.

Jed will very helpfully go and get the ball bucket wherever it is (including out of the trailer if we are setting up and are not quick enough for him!). He has very helpfully trained several of the dogs at practise in how to get the supposedly secure lid off it - tho sometimes he likes to just run around with the closed bucket in his mouth being chased by the others.

• Like 1

Buddyboy, how lovely that Jed is so helpful and helpfully taught other dogs how to assist :laughingsmiley: :laughingsmiley:

Thanks Yantan, we are after a ikkle staffy puppy... i would like a girl but my mum and dad don't aren't fussed so either sex will be loved... see told you i was being strict :laughingsmiley:

Afternoon. Got off early and now home til Thursday due to noo kitchen being fitted. That's going to be fun with the dogs next week.

So sorry to hear much loved pets have passed on. Huge hugs to you all.

Owl hope mum is happy in the care home and agrees it's a good idea.

Well done Murtle on dance award.

Yantan you do make me larf and really you should write a book.

Have passed horrible exam and can't tell you how relieved I am. That's the end of the accounts so I'm fully fledged officially now. Just have to decide whether to do 1 more subject or not then that will be the end of it.

Edited by Jacobean

Well done Michelle :)

:laugh: at helpful Jed.

We are supposed to be going to Harrogate today, just checked the traffic and the M62 is closed between j26 and j27 :rolleyes: It's not expected to open again until 6pm :rolleyes: Not sure whether we will leave after 6 to make sure everything is open, or leave as soon as dad gets home (which was the original plan) and then have to sit in traffic with my dad going mental :unsure:

Yantan, my vet says he would be happy the cat could cope with up to 10-12 weeks, a lady round the corner asked me to take her 6 1/2 month but he was way too much for the cat, i know that if i get a young pup laney will be o.k with it after a bit as will diez and i won't have to worry about the cat too much as he will be able to stand up for himself against a little one..... did you watch paul ogrady for the love of dogs last night... i fell in love with the mother and daughter staffy

Jacobean congrats on passing your exam!!!!!! as for the kitchen... don't envy you that Lol, mind you one of the lads that did our kitchen was very very good with the dogs, laney was a pup and kept "helping" and diez just barked at him... he really made an effort to be friends with her though

hmmmmmm Gooster, could you find a job for your dad to do whilst on route... do you know what you are doing when you get there and where to park? if not get him searching for car parks near where you need to be Lol.... gotta love dads in traffic

Well done Michelle on the exams :flowers: How exciting getting a new kitchen. Can we have some before and after photos if it wouldn't be too intrusive?

Oooooh difficult choice there Jayne. Is there anyway you could circumvent the motorway route by using A and B roads?

Right I will keep my eyes and ears out for a ikkle Staffie pup for you Griff. I totally get your reasoning :flowers:

Dad is driving there :) We think we have found a possible alternative route - over towards Holmfirth and Wakefield then pick up the M1 and A1(M) there. Either way, I have been given the unenviable task of navigating, which when the driver has a big caravan on the back of the car and a short temper is not fun :rolleyes: :laugh:

Thank you everyone :flowers: We buried Lucy last night. We have put her next to Sam and Hallie who died a year ago this week within two days of each other :mecry: The Police are now aware of all the situations happening around here with the poisoning and I hope they do something. The Police Wildlife Crime Officer was going to visit our neighbour up the lane who has had 3 cats poisoned. I am hoping he will call here.

The mornings are difficult when I realise I am in the real World :err:

Glad the trip went well San :happystrange:

Does your hubby use deodorant Snow? Just wondered if it could be that.

Louie :wub:

It sounds like it went ok then Marion :happystrange:

Good luck with the puppy hunting Griff!

Well done Michelle :flowers:

Hope it is as stressless as possible Gooster!

Edited by Houndwoman