UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Good Morning wave.gif

It's a bright & beautiful morning here in Leicestershire, a bit breezy but not cold.

I'm hoping to go & buy my bedding plants today for my tubs. I was going to leave it until all chance of frost was over, but I was listening to Alan Titchmarsh on Saturday on the radio & he said now is a good time to get them. He said at the moment there will be lots of choice, although it's perhaps not a good idea to plant them out just yet. His advice was to put them out in the daytime & bring them in at night for a couple of weeks to harden them off, then plant them in their containers or places in the garden. Get me, I'm going all garden expert lol.gif

In other news, I planted some radish & lettuce seeds a couple of weeks ago & they are starting to sprout yippee.gif I shall plant another row or two in a couple of weeks so I've got a constant supply of salady stuff. I've never grown anything like that before, I'm looking forward to some home grown salad over the summer smile.gif

Morning all.

Oh Sandra I can't see how your mum could resist such a bundle of gorgeous :wub_anim:

It's Archie's tenth birthday today :wub: I have some tuna biscuits baking in the oven for him which he is going to share with his friends. I usually get him a steak for his tea but - and I can't believe I did this - I forgot! :blush02: I'm hoping I'll find a salmon steak in the freezer when I have a ratch as he loves fish and that will be as good a birthday tea as the steak would have been.

Happy Birthday you little stinker!

Archiepup.jpg

Archie10weeks.jpg

Archie.jpg

• Like 2

Many happy returns Archie, I hope you enjoy your tea!

I'm steaming mad here. I made an appt with the nurse at the surgery a few weeks ago for my OH to have a blood pressure check, but stupidly forgot to write down the day and time. I know it's either next Monday or Tuesday, so as I had to phone today to make myself an appt for a blood test, I asked if they could confirm what day/time it was. Sorry no can't do that, Data Protection. What??? I made the sodding appt in the first place! She got the practice manager who said the same. It's ruddy barmy...

• Like 1

I'm steaming mad here. I made an appt with the nurse at the surgery a few weeks ago for my OH to have a blood pressure check, but stupidly forgot to write down the day and time. I know it's either next Monday or Tuesday, so as I had to phone today to make myself an appt for a blood test, I asked if they could confirm what day/time it was. Sorry no can't do that, Data Protection. What??? I made the sodding appt in the first place! She got the practice manager who said the same. It's ruddy barmy...

That's totally NUTS! :shrug: :banghead:

That's quite common in medical practices - it's to stop partners etc finding out if their OH has a medical appointment etc. If you went into the practice face to face they could probably tell you :)

Have had a morning of phonecalls to sort various bits and bobs out. Have booked back into the doctors for them to try something else for my manky skin, have booked Ted in for his MRI scan down in Nantwich to try and get to the bottom of his wobbly legs, have also spent 10 mins holding on the phone to CSL sorting out my missing scatter cushions (their on hold song is Warwick Avenue by Duffy on a loop - 10 mins of that is enough to send anyone mental :laugh: ). Anyway, now all that is sorted, am going to take the dogs out for a walk and then go and buy Blue a new water bucket :)

ooooooooo

sent an email to the councellor on saturday saying I know how the lady feels that killed herself as im close to it myself

hes emailed back today saying hes sending an officer this afternoon to see me

but doesnt say if its housing officer ... police officer ... lol

• Like 1