UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Morning all :)

It's all change with the weather today. It's back to grey and drizzle. Amazing to think we sat with the front door and internal door behind it open until 9.30pm last night. We've had the heating on this morning!

Alex loosing sleep like that is horrible I know. I hope you get a better night's kip tonight :GroupHug:

Owl I hope you get things sorted with the GP today.

Murtle I wish I was turning 37 again. It's 54 for me next birthday :ohno01: I don't know where the time has gone!

Funny%20Old%20Lady.gif

• Like 1

Yantan...if it's any consolation, I'd love to be able to say I'm 54 next birthday! Raining here, but to be honest the ground needs it, my garden would take a pneumatic drill to dig at present.

Off to the hospital in a minute for a blood test, then haemotology on Friday. I hope my platelets are behaving themselves so I won't have to have my meds increased.

bubbles burst!

the secretary didnt ring me back yesterday and just ansaphone today, so no appointment booked

got a call from the doctors, the lung and blood tests are iffy so need to be done again. got blood test in an hour

Time is a scary thing! Guess I am feeling a little out of sorts with the whole age thing at the moment and very restless in life! The two things together won't be a pretty sight!

Fingers crossed they are still sorting it out Jazz and that the new tests come back alright x

I put our dead hoover outside this morning, more in hope than expectation, but one very polite scrap man knocking at the door later, it's gone. Handy people, scrap men! Although the folk up the road whose brand new boiler vanished from outside in the time it took for them to take the fitters upstairs to show them where they wanted it put might not agree with me. :D

I was hurrying for the bus when two women called out to ask if I'd seen a tiny black dog, their chi x has escaped. I do hope they found her, we've got fields behind us and the main road behind them, and a busy bus route in front of their flats.

• Like 1

Suzeanna we leant an antique pine plate rack against our back wall whilst re-decorating. It was out for no more than a few minutes but was gone when we went out to bring it in. There wasn't a sight nor sound of anyone yet it was so large and bulky it took two people to manoeuvre it.

More recently a neighbour had a fridge freezer lifted from his back yard - it was placed there for a short time whilst he too was re-decorating. What astonished him was that whoever took it had to walk past his kitchen window, lift it from beside the open kitchen door all whilst he was a foot or two away painting the kitchen wall. He never heard a thing. As soon as he turned around he noticed the fridge freezer had gone. Mind you he accused his wife of rigging its disappearance because she had been after a new one but she told me she definitely had nowt to do with it! :laughingsmiley:

I hope the little Chi x turns up safe and sound.

I don't sleep well most times Alex but hope you have a better night tonight.

Hope you have some straight answers re your mum Phoebe.

I also wish I was just turning 37 Murtle!

Hope it's nothing to worry too much about Jazz and hope your bloods are ok Suzeanna.

We were nearly passing out with the sudden heat yesterday Marion and today it's cold and dull here too. Had torrential rain overnight.

Took my old Digger Beagle to the vets' this morning for bloods as they think he may have Cushings. Had to leave him there for two hours and hopefully will have the results back by Friday evening. Went around a few shops while he was in as it's a 28 mile round trip to vets and back so wasn't worth coming home and going back again. Had a few strange glances from people while I was out and about and then remembered I have a prize black eye!

How did you get the black eye, Houndwoman?

Owl, it would seem that our medical notes are not as accurate as we might hope! I don't know if you read it in the papers the other week, but a woman happened to see part of her notes and they said she was an alcoholic (she isn't), has kidney disease (she doesn't) and various other incorrect things, so she asked for a copy of her notes, which was her right. She paid up front for them, went back in a week, as she was told to, and when they weren't forthcoming said she would just sit there until they were. They sent for the police! She was hustled out and carted off in a police car, and the doctor struck her off his register. After that, several people wrote to the papers saying they too had seen things in a brief glimpse of their notes which were totally untrue..non existent Alzheimers, breast cancer, all sorts of things. It's quite frightening really.

I am old, fat, decrepit and seriously unfit and tonight as a result of that I am broken and knackered :( work today held an "away day" this was supposed to be in a tea room in the gatehouse of Cardiff Castle - well thats what I was told anyway... my colleague who gave me the details suggested I might like to go to the office first, park there for free and we'd walk over together, she'd allowed 30 mins for the walk. Now I don't know about anyone else but to me walking the dogs and walking in a city are 2 verrrry different things so when I read she had suggested we walk there and back I nearly had a fit as it was at least 2 miles each way which meant she intended to walk at a fairly reasonable pace ... I dont walk walk I bimble/amble, stopping when the dogs stop, or when I feel like it and I take my time and enjoy the walk, walking along city pavements for the sake of getting somewhere by a set time is something I try to avoid like the plague! So I said I'd meet her there and drive in from home, thats when I found out the nearest car park wasn't very close from where she said we needed to be, but certainly closer than 2 miles, so off I set this morning, and having reached the very large car park found I had 2 options park close to the millennium footbridge and walk up through the park to the Castle or park at the other end of the car park close to the river tow path and walk along that to the road bridge, I decided to go for that option figuring that my colleagues would be arriving from that direction so I'd maybe meet them on the way. Its a fairish walk but I was OK with it, even though my back was protesting a little bit when I reached the gatehouse as I was carrying a very heavy bag with all my work gear in etc. in fact I was feeling pretty pleased with myself as I'd done it in under 10 mins which for me was a fair old pace.

When I got to the gatehouse I stooped, took a photo on my phone and updated facebook saying thats where I was working today .... only I wasn't.... my colleague arrived whilst I was & said we were at the wrong tea room, she'd just found out we were supposed to be at the completely opposite end of the park to where we were and we were now going to be late ... so we had to walk back through the park the exact same distance I'd just walked, down past the fecking millenium bridge and go about the same distance beyond it ... so I walked 3 times the distance I had expected to walk and twice as far as I needed to! It bloody nearly killed me! Thank feck I hadn't agreed to walk from the office as that would have added another 2 sodding miles and I truly think I'd have still been walking now if I'd had to do that both ways.

My back is now in spasm and my Achilles tendon is protesting every flipping step I take, but as Rob says I have walked and do walk much much farther distances than that when out with the dogs and over rougher ground I just don't DO walk walking iyswIm.

Yes, had a very helpful talk with the GP. Apparently it's a case of hospital terminology. Chronic kidney disease now refers to the slight deterioration in kidney function which is usual in very elderly people, and it is not the same as chronic renal failure. The hospital had also recommended referral to a memory clinic for assessment, but the GP agrees with me that this would be stressful and pointless and the only thing we can do with mum is keep her comfortable.

Hope you're feeling better tomorrow Snow :flowers:

Glad the GP managed to sort things out for you Owl :)

I think we are going to have to make a decision with regards to Shara in the coming weeks - her back legs have totally gone now :( At the moment she is still eating and content to play with her ball, with assistance from a sling to go in the garden to the loo, but I can't see us having her with us much longer :mecry: I stayed at mum and dad's last night, and all night she was whimpering and moaning :( Mum has ordered her a hip brace from the Internet, but tbh I don't think it will make any difference to her, as it is for hip dysplasia, whereas I think Shara has a combination of hips and crdm :mecry: Mum is doing everything to try and keep her going, but I think we are going to have to make a decision pretty soon :mecry: