UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Hope things settle down Owl

I'm so sorry Sophie

What a shame the camping was cancelled. Hope they manage to get away in a couple of weeks.

Good luck with the run Murtle and hope the family visit goes smoothly.

Lots of gardening to do today. So lovely to be outdoors again.

Run free, Toby-Joe. What a handsome puss x

We are now sleeping over at mums which is quite tiring but we get a bit of sleep in the day here as well. I am there for about 10 and have to get mum out of bed a couple of times during the night, then again at 6.30 before we go home. Will see how this works out over the next few weeks. If she ends up needing someone to be awake all night then we will have to think about residential care. She sleeps very well but is incontinent at night :(

Wispa is very unsettled there as some animal is frequenting mum's garden which she is really worried about. She doesn't bark, but is on edge and constantly sniffing and looking around for it. She has usually been fine there, so whatever it is has been there quite recently. Anything which is big enough to alarm Wispa and is capable of clearing the 5 ft panel fencing at the back where its trail comes in ... ahem. Could be the blighter whose prints we found in the snow in Jan 2011.

Owl, when my mum needed overnight care we employed a night nurse from an agency.

She stayed overnight and tended mum when she needed. It was quite reasonably charged as well, which surprised us. There was a flat fee and then a charge for every time she needed to attend to my mum.

Mum had turned night into day so she slept all day - despite denying she ever slept- but was awake all night and as she was bedridden and unable to do anything for herself she couldn't be left alone overnight.

Moaning :tired:

I have the migraine from hell so apologies but I've not caught up. I've puked once already this morning but I did drag myself out with the dogs thinking it would clear my head but it's not made a blind bit of diff.

Oh no Merledogs... feel better soon

Run free Toby... what a beautiful kitty

Owl, i hope your manage to settle into a good routine with your mum and whatever is worrying wispa beggers off...... what do you think it is?

Murtle, good luck with the visit.... my family is so big and complicated i don't bother with any of them except my parents,aunty and my brother.... my brother very rarely rings.... in fact my aunty talks to me more than he does!

Jacobean and Karen... enjoy your gardening, i am blessed in that we have 2 plants in the back garden and it never wants weeding as we have bark chippings in the borders and the front is bark chipped borders with plants that return each year... very low maintenance thankfully! just the lawns that need regular attention

Jazz, enjoy your bingo... hope you win

Edited by griff

Owl well done for looking after your mum like you do :GroupHug:

Alex I hope you get some relief from the migraine soon :GroupHug:

I thought you'd enjoy seeing a video of me warming up before coaching the lads footy so here you go:

OMG Maz, that is UH-MAZING!!! :ohmy: Gonna nick that for my FB page :wink:

I feel much better now. Paracetamol never touched the migraine, so I took some Ibuprofen and it worked a treat. Still there but it's contained and not running through my brain with a sledgehammer.

I have potted some plants (for a change) and am now going to have lunch in the garden and read on my new Aldi sunlounger.

It's started getting nice here after a rather grey start. I'm glad you are getting a nice sit out Griff :)

I've just been out to put some stuff in the wheelie bin and bugger me someone else has put another bag full of yack in there! :mad: :banghead: This really boils my pi$$. All my neighbours bins sit out so why do they chose mine out of all them? I think it's indicative of the holiday house occupants opposite again or it may be the eastern europeans to the side of us. Not the lads, they are OK, but I wouldn't put it past my friend, Miss Czechoslovakia. I shall chain it shut after it's emptied tomorrow.

Lol............ WOW Jazz!!!

Oooooooo now Yantan, that would be all out war with me! if i found out who it was there would be dog poop under car door handles, and i would leave some stuff to rot in a bit of water and then deposit that on / in their bin..... can't be doing with people abusing stuff that is in my care/belongs to me!

had a slight panic, was sat in the garden and could hear a tapping on the window... thought nothing of it, then i could see the net twitch up on out third storey/loft area..... shouted to see if it was my parents but nope... slight panic when i thought could there be somebody in there (like in the horror films) that lasted about 10 secs when i realized i was being pathetic and they would have had to come through the roof without being seen Lol, got up there to see a lovely starling flying about, how the hell it got there i do not know but it is now back out in the open.... good job it was hot and i was outside otherwise it would have starved to death.

• Like 1

Owl, when my mum needed overnight care we employed a night nurse from an agency.

She stayed overnight and tended mum when she needed. It was quite reasonably charged as well, which surprised us. There was a flat fee and then a charge for every time she needed to attend to my mum.

The agency here which does mum's day care charges £140 a night which is ridiculous. I am shopping around for something more reasonable.

As to what is coming into the garden, if it's the same visitor that left clear and deep prints in the snow in Jan 2011, it's feline and its paws are same size as a labrador. Nuff said.

Lovely pig and goat video.