UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Bunk Bed

buddyboy

China's new bed came today (well it does get a bit crowded on mine, even tho it is a king size!) so I went to the second hand furniture store to see if I could get anything to turn it into a bunk bed for her and Cassie..... this coffee table has a big scratch on the table part so I got it for £10, so far so good and if they are happy using it like that I will paint it to match the rest of the furniture. With it turned upside down the legs at the back grip the side of her bed to stop it moving.

DSCF1463_zps45be680e.jpg

• Like 5

the idea has worked well!

Have turned it the "right" way up as there are strong joints for the table top which would be better right way up for China jumping on and off (and Jed has been up on it!!!!!!!). Chopped the bottom of the legs off so it is a couple of inches lower for her as she gets older.

downside - SOMEONE has already scratched a hole in the fabric!!! I have my suspicions (not Reg, Cass, Jed) so now the green mat is on the top one until I can get some heavy duty fabric which will not shred when scratched. Luckily the foam is not damaged underneath. I like the back and arms as they give it a bit of stability and Madame can sleep with her chin on them.

• 3 weeks later...