UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March' Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Snow, i voted, i hope i did the right one.... a little dog in a tuxedo??

Jazz, hope you get the housing sorted, would be lovely if you could stay put.. you would think that the council would be fully clued up on the regs so they didn't need to waste peoples time.

jacobean, glad you passed your exam.

I voted too :)

Well done on passing the exam Michelle :)

Had to laugh when I left the gym this morning. Wednesday is my class with Mr G, a super speedy shower and then off to work. Today I have my black and red dress on, that enhances my curves, and makes me look (in the words of one of my friends) 'hot'. I was still quite warm after my shower, so didn't bother putting my coat on. When I walked past the gym, Mr G was behind the desk and the next thing I knew, he was following me down the corridor asking how I had found the class :laugh: He has never done that before, he usually just waves :laugh:

• Like 1

Snow, hope you're feeling better soon :flowers:

Well done on passing the exam Michelle.

Alex, hope you get both incoming and outgoing furniture sorted without too much more hassle.

Sam, we can't help out, but I hope you can find someone who can.

I'm working from home today (migraine last night and I didn't feel up to driving in to the office earlier). It means I get to listen to the radio as loudly as I want :) I'm streaming a radio station from my home town and have heard loads of music I haven't heard in ages. There are a lot of good Canadian alt/rock bands that haven't made it over here. Kia and Logan have crashed out after a lunchtime walk - it is funny, they find street walking far more tiring than offlead romping - Logan stresses over the traffic (buses in particular), and Kia stresses over walking past people and dogs, plus she's currently spending her walks in permanent grumpy mode cause I've started using a different head collar on her and she can't pull this one off her nose whenever she wants to have a proper lunge at passing things :rolleyes: . It seems being grumpy is exhausting :laugh:

Evening :wavey:

Lady is "supposed" to be coming to collect sofa and chair at 5.30 (she did text me in the end).

Now I have found a courier to collect the chest of drawers on Saturday and deliver Monday afternoon (have taken the afternoon off), I can't get hold of the ruddy seller :mad:

To top it off Ocado turned up with my shopping at 3.30 pm, which they had to leave with my neighbour, when I had changed the delivery time to 5.30 - 6.30 :rolleyes: My neighbours were brilliant, bless 'em - they put stuff in their fridge/freezer so it wouldn't get warm.

RMF : After being on PAYG for year and years, I decided to splash out on a pay monthly contract and get a decent phone wot I can use for t'interweb. I got a Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini cos someone in work has one and it's lush. It is being delivered on Friday.

Please think "pick the ruddy sofa up you sods" thoughts for 5.30 ish, thank you :flowers:

Oh yes, nearly forgot - rang the insurance company about the floor today because I hadn't heard anything from Independent Inspections. They hadn't heard anything either, so rang through. Anyway, the upshot is that I have decided to take the cash settlement which should be enough to buy some nice wood-look lino for the living room, hall, kitchen, loo and bathroom.

I would think so Squigg, or otherwise a cocktail dress :flowers:

Getting beyond a joke now - woman has sent a text to say she's running late and won't be here until 6. I've told her I am going out at 6.30 so if it's any later than that she should let me know because we will need to cancel. If she isn't here by 6.15 she will be getting a text telling her not to come and I'll relist the sofa :mad:

M&S pet insurance have taken the payment for Max this month even though I had cancelled (think it had already gone through) :( I rang them and they are going to refund, thankfully.

Sofa has gone :partytime:

Chair hasn't, but they are coming back for it once they've dropped the sofa off.

They turned up in a people carrier, which I thought they had absolutely no chance of getting the sofa in, but surprisingly they got 2/3 of it in and the rest of it is hanging out the back with the door tied over it.

• Like 1