UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March' Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Sending best wishes to all with worries, illness or lost plots ;)

I have a busy weekend ahead. A transport run for Oldies today & a sponsored walk with Deaf Dog Network tomorrow. I will enjoy both but could use some extra energy beans as busy at work covering for & visiting James & parents are in major stress state over "fence gate" - a dispute over location of a fence!

I managed to grow a second set of top wisdom teeth after having the original 4 out in my teens. The second ones grew out sideways and the crumbled a bit (after many years) so the dentist said they had to come out. Went along for the appointment where someone had been booked to give me sedation and ended up storming out because his attitude was terrible!

"Lie back, relax - no RELAX, come on" while looking at his watch because he obviously had far better things to do than that. In the end I pointed out that the reason I had asked for sedation was because I was terrified and surely he should appreciate that - wrote letter of complaint to the practise. I was then referred to the hospital for them to come out under GA and dreaded it but felt it would be better to be asleep than awake - absolutely no problems other than sleepless nights beforehand. Face was only slightly swollen (they had also taken out another tooth which had started to crumble) and although they gave me painkillers I only took one which made me high as a kite and after that if there was a slight twinge I took normal headache ones - but that was only a couple of times.

My thighs ache! Went out with a friend last night and we both put "proper" clothes on instead of our normal smart casual - not massive heels and we both managed to walk in them without falling over after months of wellies, walking boots, flats and crocs BUT this morning the muscles in the back of my thighs are reminding me that they exist.

I am in Runcorn today . . . to do customer surveys *yawn* . . . it was my day off . . . I am not impressed. . . If I get signed up for anymore focus groups without being asked its quite possible I'm going to suffer some form of Hulk-ish rage induced rampage :(

Merledogs, hope your headache goes away soon

HLGS hope you have a good day today at the charity stall

Kittycat, i think you would be quite within your rights to blow your top

thanks for the good wishes for my mum, they sent her home last night after trying to take blood 12 times!!!!!! she got a phonecall around an hour after she got back and they said the blood they managed to analyze looks like she has a blood clot....her levels were very very high so she has to go back at 1pm today and they will see about a ct scan, i got up this morning to find her asking me did i want anything from the supermarket!!!!!!! i called her all the names under the sun, my dad then went mad at me for the way i spoke to her but it was the only way i could make her realize going shopping was not perhaps the smartest idea, anyhow she stayed home Lol. she is packing her hospital bag just in case they keep her in, hopefully they will sort her out this time... they had no beds last night and mum said they were sending people home who really should have been in hospital.

what an absolutely beautiful day!!! we have gorgeous sunshine and it was warm enough for me to take the dogs out without a coat on!!!!!!!!!! the cat is rolling round in the sunshine and the dogs have gone a bit loopy with this warm weather, certainly makes a very pleasant change from grey skies

Just back from meeting the lovely Dogstar people at the Ealing Animal Welfare Bazaar - good to meet you Sam and Mark :)

At the same event I think I might have found a home for my rabbit foster hutches if I decide to move them out in favour of some more vegetable growing space.

what an absolutely beautiful day!!! we have gorgeous sunshine and it was warm enough for me to take the dogs out without a coat on!!!!!!!!!! the cat is rolling round in the sunshine and the dogs have gone a bit loopy with this warm weather, certainly makes a very pleasant change from grey skies

You could send some sunshine down here! We've had grey skies for about 2 weeks now.

Any news on your mum? Hope the hospital sort her out pdq

• Like 1

thanks for asking Karen.... no news yet, i am hoping no news is good news, i think our family would like a bit of good luck for a change.... ahhh you never know we may win the lottery Lol

i will happily share my sunshine with you :-)

oooo good luck Merledogs, lets hope it gets gone!!!

my dad has just rung, mum has had more blood tests done, a ct scan and they are waiting on a doctor/consultant to come and let them know what if anything is found in the ct scan and what treatment she will require. i am looking at buying a treadmill for my mum but will need to have a serious think as space is a big issue, i just want her to start getting exercise and taking care of herself

Good luck wishes for your Mum Griff

James sent me a text while I was out on transport run to say he eventually got home from hospital last night. He is very happy about that.

The little Oldies dog was a real sweetie - staffie looks & shape but very small in size. Lovely natured if a bit windy!

morning all

have a safe warm day xxxx

Good Morning ( okay I am a bit late ! )

I have a busy weekend ahead. A transport run for Oldies today & a sponsored walk with Deaf Dog Network tomorrow. I will enjoy both but could use some extra energy beans as busy at work covering for & visiting James & parents are in major stress state over "fence gate" - a dispute over location of a fence!

try and find some "you" time in there

I managed to grow a second set of top wisdom teeth after having the original 4 out in my teens.

good grief , poor you

Morning.

Morning / evening , how did you sleep last night ?

I am in Runcorn today . . . to do customer surveys *yawn* . . . it was my day off . . . I am not impressed. . . If I get signed up for anymore focus groups without being asked its quite possible I'm going to suffer some form of Hulk-ish rage induced rampage :(

that sounds pants , are you getting paid overtime ? ( still pants if you want a day off )

thanks for the good wishes for my mum, they sent her home last night after trying to take blood 12 times!!!!!! she got a phonecall around an hour after she got back and they said the blood they managed to analyze looks like she has a blood clot....her levels were very very high so she has to go back at 1pm today and they will see about a ct scan, i got up this morning to find her asking me did i want anything from the supermarket!!!!!!! i called her all the names under the sun, my dad then went mad at me for the way i spoke to her but it was the only way i could make her realize going shopping was not perhaps the smartest idea, anyhow she stayed home Lol. she is packing her hospital bag just in case they keep her in, hopefully they will sort her out this time... they had no beds last night and mum said they were sending people home who really should have been in hospital.

fingers crossed she is getting the care she needs , how are you doing ? it can be very stressful when those close to you are sick

Just back from meeting the lovely Dogstar people at the Ealing Animal Welfare Bazaar - good to meet you Sam and Mark :)

it was just lovely to meet you and thank you so much for coming to see us ( and the lovely cuppa tea ) we had a great day and made just over £200 :)

I have now listed my sofa/chair on eBay for £25 buy it now or .99p starting bid (just want rid if I'm honest) but all proceeds will be going to Dogstar.

wow thank you so so so much , what a kind thing to do :)

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel
  • Like 1