UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

Worst possible news - Max has inoperable tumours on the lining of his stomach and in his liver. There's nothing they can do apart from palliative care :mecry: I've got him home but they didn't give me any painkillers for him and I can tell he's suffering.and I can't give him oral metacam so now have to go back so they can give him an injection. Why the feck did nobody think to do that when he is clearly suffering? :mad: Vet said to take it a week at a time but I can't see it being more than a day or two unless he picks up significantly. He's struggling to poo and when anything comes out it's just pure blood :mecry: I just want one last night with him so will sleep on the sofa with him tonight and see how he is in the morning. To say I'm devastated is an understatement.

I am really sorry to read this and you are in my thoughts

sadly I think you are right not to be thinking of weeks , although I am sure the vet means well clearly Max needs you to put his needs over yours which of course you always do ( I think a lot of vets are used to owners who don't )

we lost Winston in a very similar way a few years back and I know the shock coupled with the grief can be almost too much to bear but remember lots of people hear have faced the same and we will support you 24/7 or just listen if thats what you need

once again I am so sorry

Sam x

• Like 1

Alex I can't begin to say how truly sorry I am, we had all been hoping for better news :( . I'm shocked they've left the poor boy in pain though, they should have given him something before you brought him home. I shall be thinking of you and Max tonight and for as long as you have him with you.

I took Max back to the vet and almost let him go there and then, but I just wanted one last night for both of us to have lots of cuddles. He's had a morphine type injection and I have some strong painkillers for him (Tramadol) if he needs them. I am going to sleep with him tonight and then take him to the vet in the morning to say goodbye :mecry: