UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

I had a windfall, literally. I found a £5 note in a bush in the garden. Have checked with Becky who is the only other person who has been on premises lately, just on case it blew over from the mini horse yard, and she says it's not hers. I also found a missing shoe in the bushes but we all know how that got there!

All the rats which had invaded my place and my nice neighbour's yard have left the premises, the last one in the jaws of next door but one's ginger tom. Between puss, Wispa and the neighbour who trapped 4 of them, the place has been made ratless at least for now.

Very cute pup, griff :luvlove:

Pity I don't live nearer to Sam, i discovered a huge stash of black bags in the shed. must be a thousand of them.

congratulations on your windfall :D don't spend it all at once

1000 bags would last me about a week I think !

For those following James' story, I've just heard that the surgery went well. The next 72 hours is crucial to establish if all the transplanted tissue of various types is viable. Glad he has this stage behind him & really hope there are no complications now.

good to hear , fingers crossed the next 72 hours go well

myrtle, a film I have seen recently and enjoyed was the best exotic marigold hotel. I also love the holiday, castaway, Forrest gump. I have also enjoyed the iron lady - I wasn't too keen on watching it, but it was great.

I love Marigold Hotel , Skyfall is fantastic and Life of Pi is beautiful but I don't know I fully understood it

Now if you want a giggle you need to explore Bollywood and nothing is a better start than Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi

Forgot to say, when I got home today there was a pink envelope on my door mat. For a split second I thought it may have been a valentines card (although who from I had no idea!). Anyway, it was a birthday card for the previous owners :rolleyes: I bought my house in 2008 and still get loads of birthday and Christmas cards for them :rolleyes:

Moaning :tired:

We have just watched Ted. Was funny!

Can anyone suggest any good films to watch as we have a love film account for the next 4 months but I am hopeless on knowing any films to watch!!

xxx

Snow White and the Huntsman :)

For those following James' story, I've just heard that the surgery went well. The next 72 hours is crucial to establish if all the transplanted tissue of various types is viable. Glad he has this stage behind him & really hope there are no complications now.

Glad the surgery went well and fingers crossed for no complications :flowers:

Sat through a day of supplier presentations yesterday, starting at 8 am. It was tiring :tired:

Today I have to walk the dogs then go to the sorting office to collect some plants (hope they are still alive as they've been there for a few days).

Then I have to take apart and put back together a console table I bought and assembled without reading the instructions, so I missed a couple of bits off to hold the drawer up :rolleyes: I am also going to assemble a new bird feeder and two bird baths which I am also going to use as feeders, plus clear away the debris from where part of the pergola collapsed. I took most of it down but need to get rid of all the Wisteria prunings which had to come down with it.

Max is no better yet, although he does now have runny poos.

Edited by merledogs

Funnily enough I have just erected another bird feeding station. The birds now have two of these plus a couple of hanging bird baths which I use as feeders, plus another hanging saucer thing and a fat ball hanger. Spoilt b@stards :laugh:

I've also taken apart and put back together the console table :rolleyes: and walked the dogs and been to the sorting office. It wasn't the plants as I expected, but they are supposed to have been posted last Monday so dawg knows what state they will be in if/when they arrive.

Am now having lemon drizzle cake.

yum yum Cake!!!!!

i agree about the exotic marigold hotel, a very good film... even my dad sat and watched it (he just watches action films and cowboy films) he said he would never have picked it up to watch it himself but thought it was a very good film.

we have mice in the garden who come and clean up the spilt bird seed, my rule is as long as they stay outside it is fine...venture inside the house and it is war!!!

well done on the wind fall Owl.... i wouldn't mind a little windfall

i must say you have all been busy this morning, i have not long got up!!

ooooo heck that isn't good Merldogs..... could the pipe be blocked? or the pump be blocked? also sorry to hear max isn't better.... hope he picks up soon

today i have cleaned the dogs teeth.... i do try to do it regularly but have a mind like a sieve but since last week i have remember to do it at least 4 times... got some liquid stuff off zooplus which seems to be quite good, then i cut diez's claws.... usually i have the vet do it but the y have been a bit sore for her lately and she growled at him last time! she did growl at me but i just told her "don't you dare" and she soon stopped, then we have just had a mad 5 minutes playing sticks... i got them both a rubber stick from wilkos as i don't let them have real sticks and laney really seems to like it! his paw is looking really manky and i thought it was as he was licking it at night but i popped a fabric buster collar on him last night and it was still bad this morning...... i just hope it sorts it self out soon

Edited by griff

Hope your washing machine is easy to mend Alex and that Max feels better soon :flowers:

Hope Laney's paw is looking better soon Griff :GroupHug:

I am not sure what is up with me at the moment - usually on a Saturday, we have an Indian takeaway, but for the last few weeks, I haven't enjoyed it at all :unsure: When dad phoned up before to see if I wanted a takeaway and I said no, I would sort something else out, he seemed a bit put out :rolleyes: I am not sure what to have now, as I seem to have gone off unhealthy food recently, which is no good for a Saturday night takeaway night :laugh:

Hope both Laney and Mac feel better soon.

There used to be lots of voles and long-tailed field mice who ate seed dropped from the bird feeders. I like them and Wispa doesn't bother chasing them, but the rats took over and drove all the little rodents out. Hope they will come back now.

I am afraid I did spend my windfall all at once. Emergency transport run to Grimsby, and I got very hungry on the way back. Stopped and had a bar meal at a village pub, with lovely home made chips.