UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Hello From Llr

Hello :happystrange:

Lozzas Lurcher Rescue is a very new (and currently very small) rescue based in Hertfordshire. The rescue has been set up specifically to rescue lurchers from the pound and find them their forever homes – our first success story, Rufus, is happily settling into his new home. Two dogs are currently in foster, and we’ll shortly be asking for volunteers to foster in Herts and the surrounding area, so a few more lovely lurchers can be saved from being put to sleep. We’re not trying to change the world – although that would be great – we just want to make a difference to a few dogs’ lives each year.

All dogs coming into LLR will be thoroughly assessed in foster homes, and lifetime backup will be given.

Our priority at the moment (after rehoming dogs of course!) is getting the rescue’s name out and about and generally finding our feet in the dog rescue community. We have a great deal going on in the background (and just need a few more hours in the day to get it all done!)

Lorraine (founder) is at the sharp end of things, actually dealing with the pounds (and hounds). I’m Frances, and have been adopted as all-round admin and techy type person. Hope to get to know you all better as time goes on!

P.S. I'm a bit confused about whether or not we're allowed to post our dogs on here - we don't need to at present, as we have interest in BOTH our fosterlings! I looked at the Homes Needed section to check the rules for future reference and it said to see the Rescue Membership topic in Announcements. So I looked, but I couldn't find it :crying_anim02: Could somebody help me out please???

• Like 1

I'm so sorry, we seemed to have missed your post! This board is not as busy as it used to be and we all seem to hang out in the monthly non animal thread, currently entitled February's Flippen Flapping (or something like that!) Please come and join us :)

Snow will be able to help you out with your query - it might be best to PM her.