UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Garden Fred 2013

merledogs

Deciduous Azalea Marinja. Not sure I like this one so it can go in one of the borders.

DSC_0015_zpsafe135d7.jpg

Rhododendron Percy Wiseman ...

DSC_0008_zps3401ddde.jpg

Rhododendron Horizon Monarch ...

DSC_0003_zps8138fe09.jpg

Rhododendron Rabatz ...

DSC_0004_zps658f1891.jpg

Had this a few years. Currently in a container but will be going in the border soon ...

DSC_0017_zpsb952028e.jpg

Rhododendron Purple Passion (not open yet but I love the colour) ...

DSC_0010_zps0021dfff.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to Acer corner ...

DSC_0005-002_zps0a3c622e.jpg

I bought this today as well ...

DSC_0006_zps184da499.jpg

Am biting the bullet and planting this pink one and Purple Passion in the border because I have way too many planters about the place.

Rhododendron Tortoiseshell Champagne ...

DSC_0013_zps9b3fd490.jpg

Rhododendron Van ...

DSC_0011_zps54848d7c.jpg

Deciduous Azalea Anneke (smells gorj) ...

DSC_0008_zpse592803b.jpg

The first of the Roses are showing their pretty little heads:

Mutabilis (the flowers start off yellow and then turn pink) ...

DSC_0005_zps86e0f266.jpg

Gertrude Jekyll ...

DSC_0001_zps3b1467a0.jpg

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1

Very pretty :)

I might be winning in the ground elder battle :biggrin: Attacking it once a week with roundup seems to be doing the trick :)

i have just been researching that as we have loads this year. Regular treatment with Roundup is the way to go. Glad to know it is working.

The other day i filled a large garden trug with roots dug up from a border.

Horrible stuff although I believe it is edible.

I've just spent nearly an hour chopping down and dragging out of the way a very overgrown evergreen thingy..don't ask me what, I haven't a clue what it is, it doesn't flower or anything. I think I've overdone it a bit as the last time I bent down to pick things up I nearly fainted when I stood up, everything went round! Gardening isn't good for you! Recovering with a cuppa and some ginger biscuits, I'll do the rest later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally painted the garage yesterday so I could get the Rose border in front of it sorted.

Here's what I've planted :

ROSEBORDER_zps74f986ec.jpg

The two Clematis are planted next to the two climbing Roses (Teasing Georgia and Gertrude Jekyll) so that they are sharing the same obelisk and the Clematis will climb through the Roses too.

Once everything's in bloom I'll take some pics.

• Like 1

Rosa Teasing Georgia at her best wub2.gif

DSC_0002_zps999cfc2f.jpg

This chap seems to think so too ...

DSC_0022_zpsbdffc8f5.jpg

This mini Rose was one I pulled up from the front garden. It was a tiny bit of root which was left in the soil so as an experiment I put it in a plastic pot and it's now flowering. I must have left a bit of root in the ground as well because there's another plant coming through too. Just shows how tough Roses are. Given its persistence I shall find a space for it in the garden.

DSC_0036_zps18e754f3.jpg

If only all my Roses were as floriferous and delicious smelling as Gertrude Jekyll (notice newly painted wall behind her) - much better backdrop than the old mingy grey colour.

DSC_0008_zps71a65906.jpg

This strange plant seems to have self seeded underneath one of my Acers cat-kittyandsmiley.gif

DSC_0045_zps97edc6d2.jpg

• Like 2